• 52(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
Just throwing more ideas out there.

(2014-08-13, 16:18)TerrorKeed Wrote: You said all these not because you actually hate the image, you said it cus uNiversal is used to using offensive comments on people on here (NO offense intended), IMO your castigation of the image isn't cool at all. Trust me i've been there before, I respect the fact that you're a designer and it takes lots of hours to strike up something stunning as the ones you post here.
That is to say:
Do to ceaser, what ceaser has done to thee

./Keep up the good work. won't ya?Wink
Yeah I came off a bit rude with my critique but his comment sort of put me off. Either way, I edited my previous post, cheers!
(2014-08-13, 23:45)neo_rambo Wrote: Inspired by SamFisher's logo but a bit sharper edges and turned the circle.

For those that thought that SamFisher's logo was to 'smooth and flowy' this might be alright.

I think both look nice, but the 'hard corner hook' of the D is a bit too hard. It makes it not belong to the logo. So is the I.
Deleted by user.
(2014-08-13, 17:03)samfisher Wrote: @uNiversal: Thanks for your awesome support and passion! Big Grin

The icons:

I made sure that any size looks perfect and that they work well on any background color. Smile

Still really like this. Why couldn't that be it? Just that central icon and forget about spelling Kodi in the logo?

Just have Kodi name underneath?

And even though I had a small spat with Martijn on this thread about sub names, this was part of this thread? Not just all eye candy? FORGET the word Center/Centre. This is a universal software and IMHO should not be bogged down in Continent specific English spellings. 'Hub' may be wrong but did like use of 'Platform' in tcelfer's post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1772532

Really hoping that this is truly an open thread and that now that the community have been asked and come up trumps we are not going to be told that DogHouse Media are just going to do their own thing anyway. That would not be very end consumer friendly.

Rant over. Only an opinion. Love xbmc/Kodi

cheers
(2014-08-14, 02:16)steeb Wrote:
(2014-08-13, 17:03)samfisher Wrote: @uNiversal: Thanks for your awesome support and passion! Big Grin

The icons:

I made sure that any size looks perfect and that they work well on any background color. Smile

Still really like this. Why couldn't that be it? Just that central icon and forget about spelling Kodi in the logo?

Just have Kodi name underneath?

And even though I had a small spat with Martijn on this thread about sub names, this was part of this thread? Not just all eye candy? FORGET the word Center/Centre. This is a universal software and IMHO should not be bogged down in Continent specific English spellings. 'Hub' may be wrong but did like use of 'Platform' in tcelfer's post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1772532

Really hoping that this is truly an open thread and that now that the community have been asked and come up trumps we are not going to be told that DogHouse Media are just going to do their own thing anyway. That would not be very end consumer friendly.

Rant over. Only an opinion. Love xbmc/Kodi

cheers

For me the search is done, this would be my choice.
In my opinion you know when something is just good, I really have a good feeling with this logo and icon, for me the search is over. Sometimes you just have to make a decision. Perhaps a poll could help to make a choice.
(2014-08-14, 01:46)hstegeman Wrote:
(2014-08-13, 23:48)dramaticraazrs Wrote: Just throwing more ideas out there.

Yeah I came off a bit rude with my critique but his comment sort of put me off. Either way, I edited my previous post, cheers!

Yes, your post was not ok.
I don't like your logo, I can be rude too, it's just ugly.
Now that wouldn't be very mature is it coming from a senior member in here? I gave my honest critique in a bit of a harsh way but nowhere was I wrong, it was indeed illegible. Now you come here giving me this tit for tat by saying I was rude and therefore my logo is ugly and that just seems immature. Constructive criticism maybe?
Deleted by user.
(2014-08-14, 04:02)hstegeman Wrote:
(2014-08-14, 03:30)dramaticraazrs Wrote:
(2014-08-14, 01:46)hstegeman Wrote: Yes, your post was not ok.
I don't like your logo, I can be rude too, it's just ugly.
Now that wouldn't be very mature is it coming from a senior member in here? I gave my honest critique in a bit of a harsh way but nowhere was I wrong, it was indeed illegible. Now you come here giving me this tit for tat by saying I was rude and therefore my logo is ugly and that just seems immature. Constructive criticism maybe?

Constructive criticism is just impossible, it looks like you made use of a type writer, perhaps making use of photoshop could be a start. I am sorry, but this is just not a cool logo.

You can't give constructive criticism and spout nonsense like I used a typewriter, whatever that means and to top it off you spout more nonsense such as I need to make use of photoshop... where are you going with this? Trolling are we? Never imagined a senior member in here would go about trolling and passing off biased opinions because I made a critique on someone's logo...hilarious.

Edited to reflect his new edit: If you can't pass constructive criticism then why are you here? Everyone has an opinion, it's easy to pass off an opinion. Nobody used a typewriter, I don't know why you keep saying that. I didn't use photoshop either. If you think the logo is not cool, that's fine but can you elaborate on why and what to improve? You can't seem to because you clearly said its your opinion and nothing more than an opinion.
Deleted by user.
(2014-08-14, 04:13)hstegeman Wrote:
(2014-08-14, 04:08)dramaticraazrs Wrote:
(2014-08-14, 04:02)hstegeman Wrote: Constructive criticism is just impossible, it looks like you made use of a type writer, perhaps making use of photoshop could be a start. I am sorry, but this is just not a cool logo.

You can't give constructive criticism and spout nonsense like I used a typewriter, whatever that means and to top it off you spout more nonsense such as I need photoshop... where are you going with this? Trolling are we?
I am not a troller, it's my opinion.
If you don't like it, that just not my problem.

Sure as hell you have an opinion, it's rather obvious, but why is that going to help me or anyone in this thread? It is a thread about coming up with a logo for kodi is it not? And all you have to say is you have an opinion and that it is ugly and nothing about constructive criticism.........it' almost sounds like I could just keep throwing this back at you saying you're ugly and you'd keep throwing it back at me because I said you were ugly, all this in the name of Kodi.
Deleted by user.
(2014-08-14, 04:28)hstegeman Wrote:
(2014-08-14, 04:19)dramaticraazrs Wrote:
(2014-08-14, 04:13)hstegeman Wrote: I am not a troller, it's my opinion.
If you don't like it, that just not my problem.

Sure as hell you have an opinion, it's rather obvious, but why is that going to help me or anyone in this thread? It is a thread about coming up with a logo for kodi is it not? And all you have to say is you have an opinion and that it is ugly and nothing about constructive criticism.........it' almost sounds like I could just keep throwing this back at you saying you're ugly and you'd keep throwing it back at me because I said you were ugly, all this in the name of Kodi.
I did doubt to respond to your logo, when I knew my response would not be positive.
I just shouldn't have responded to your logo, I am sorry.
Why apologise? You had an opinion and that's totally fine. But then again you said you thought the logo was ugly only because I passed a harsh critique on samfisher's logo, you were doing a tit for tat. Now I'm saying it's not helping me by just telling me " hey your logo looks ugly". OKAY. Ugly where/what/how? you haven't really given me anything to work on by just giving me an opinion of yours where instead a critique would help. If your opinion is that it's just ugly and if you had no intention of giving me any critique or feedback why did you even bother leaving a post, couldn't you just have ignored the logo and moved on? When I made a post about the illegibility on samfisher's logo I pointed out exactly where and how, I didn't just spout an opinion. Having said all that I think I'm pretty much tapped out and done here, you guys have a good one and goodluck with the logo thing for Kodi. I didn't imagine there was going to be so much drama over it because I passed a friggin critique! gees.
Deleted by user.

Edit:
At the Moderator of xbmc. org, I wouldn't have a problem that my previous posts with dramaticraazrs would be deleted, it doesn't make a contribution to this thread.

I will just delete my posts.

Edit:
I did that already.
Sometimes communication is ment to go wrong, this should have stayed private.
For the love of god please stop trying to crowbar media playback buttons into the designs. It's not the turn of the century anymore!

Have a look at all the big companies and well known logos. How many of them incorporate what they do into that logo? Very few. Google, eBay, Sony, Samsung, IBM, McDonalds, Audi, Mercedes, Nike, adidas, Nestle, etc, etc., have logos that you recognise but essentially are nothing to do with their line of business.

That aside there are 1 or 2 well designed logos here.
LOOK AT MY Image
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4