• 74(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
(2014-09-08, 12:24)samfisher Wrote: @Smobbo: Thanks! I like the firefly idea too, but maybe devs are looking for something more media-player related, a logo that immediately tells people that Kodi is an entertainment software, and not other stuff. I dunno, that's why I make different kinds of logos Smile

@ned Scott: Like this?

Very slick, love it.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-09-08, 12:24)samfisher Wrote: @Smobbo: Thanks! I like the firefly idea too, but maybe devs are looking for something more media-player related, a logo that immediately tells people that Kodi is an entertainment software, and not other stuff. I dunno, that's why I make different kinds of logos Smile

This really is my overall favourite. Amazing samfisher. You are very creative.
(2014-09-07, 09:09)samfisher Wrote: @ned Scott: sure, here it is! Big Grin

Done. I think it's time to call in the judges for a vote.
Very well done samfisher
After going through them all, this is still my favorite.

(2014-08-07, 12:42)Zeros Wrote: Image

I like the plain logo in the top left very much. However I think the more elaborated version with the green thing is dated and fussy - it reminds me of making pottery and it's collapsing. The dark background fading to black at the edges with a dotty texture is very dated also.

But I would definitely like to see the logo and name in a fresher context, I think this could be the best.
Thanks for all the comments!
@voochi: That's a matter of personal preferences, but yeah we should try different versions! You prefer flat and modern? Here it is. Smile

(2014-09-10, 14:07)samfisher Wrote: Thanks for all the comments!
@voochi: That's a matter of personal preferences, but yeah we should try different versions! You prefer flat and modern? Here it is. Smile

Even better.
We're starting to narrow down some stuff internally. We're doing a sort of "nomination" process within the team right now, because asking everyone to vote on 50+ images is hard to do. A lot of images are modifications of others so those might just count as a "group" or something, maybe. We'll have a big community poll with those nominated images to get even more feedback. We haven't nailed down exactly what we're going to do, but I imagine we'll at least be able to whittle it down to one or a few strong choices in the near future, but it sure is hard with so many great submissions!
I know my post was deleted for being frivolous - and rightly so, it was! - but there was a serious point in terms of the shrouded/TV 'K' in the above and the TV-faced 'Cordy' character from the games. I guess there's nothing truly unique, so it depends on whether such a comparison is either important or likely to be made by anyone (e.g. the 'reminds me of...' posts previously).

I suppose I should actually have made that point instead, then Smile
@Basje: I'm not sure if I prefer the modern look or the old one, but I guess modern goes well for everybody. Smile

3D version, just having fun! Big Grin

Loading icon/intro or something? Big Grin
Hi samfisher, just signed up just to congratulate you on the many great designs and for one suggestion regarding the above loading icon.
Since the green part of the logo was previously called a rubber band, maybe you can make the modern flat logo transform into the first version, let it 'wobble' a bit (like a rubber band would) and then go back to the flat version of it. Is it obvious that I like both versions of it? Wink
(2014-09-11, 10:48)samfisher Wrote: @Basje: I'm not sure if I prefer the modern look or the old one, but I guess modern goes well for everybody. Smile

Loading icon/intro or something? Big Grin

Personally I hate the current trend of so called modern flat ui's (nothing modern about any of them in my opinion, but oh well I seem to be in a minority), but this spinning one is actually quite cool Smile Is at all possible to so a similar thing with the 3D rubber band version?
(2014-09-10, 14:07)samfisher Wrote: Thanks for all the comments!

Not bad ... not bad at all :-)
Thanks! Smile
@jjd-uk & pipe1801: Yeah it's possible but that would require a LOT of time, because making the same exact thing in 3d is very complex and probably it wouldn't look the same as the "image" version (who knows, maybe it could be better!). But I'll do that if it's really needed and the majority prefers the "old" style. Smile
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4