• 10(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
(2014-08-04, 17:14)Narfotic Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 16:53)Verderer Wrote: So far I would keep the main logo as simple as the current xbmc logo, and just play around a little with the fonts, maybe tweak them a little. So keep it REALLY simple.

The splash screens for the new releases, that's where we can get a bit nuts and creative ^^.

(Would like to give some examples, but all I got is my pad :/ )

Edit: The strong point of keeping it simple is that the logo would look really good on t-shirts and hoodies Smile

I agree. The logo should look good in one color. And you could go crazy with it on splash screens, like this.

Tried it, very good idea.

(2014-08-04, 18:33)aphaits Wrote: Here it is, I try to lessen the effect so that it won't be so prominent like the first one.

This one is awesome Big Grin
I love the brackets idea. If you could get a way to include/test the inclusion of some of the media buttons from other proposed ideas (eg: O turned into a shutdown button) this would be the "one I would vote for".

Need more time, etc..
(2014-08-04, 19:01)enen92 Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 18:33)aphaits Wrote: Here it is, I try to lessen the effect so that it won't be so prominent like the first one.

I love the brackets idea. If you could get a way to include/test the inclusion of some of the media buttons from other proposed ideas (eg: O turned into a shutdown button) this would be the "one I would vote for".

I think it's perfect as it is, adding media buttons just distracts from the name.

The brackets just add that extra something and work really well in the icon.
Photo 

(2014-08-04, 18:19)aphaits Wrote: Here's one without the '1' accent on the 'i'.

This one gets my vote. Absolutely the best so far.
[/quote]

Here it is, I try to lessen the effect so that it won't be so prominent like the first one.

[/quote]

Awesome Smile

The word hub leaves a bad taste tho
(2014-08-04, 17:54)aphaits Wrote: A coding themed idea with some open-source emphasis and a nod to the original xbox platform mod.

Or maybe because of breaking bad colors, perhaps.

edit: oh and also iOS icon

This is clean, has an emphasis on coding / open source, makes the name more palatable. Gets my vote.
I started messing around with shapes, and the version number placed in the O.
and finally the icon
(2014-08-04, 19:05)Hitcher Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 19:01)enen92 Wrote:

I think it's perfect as it is, adding media buttons just distracts from the name.

The brackets just add that extra something and work really well in the icon.

Well, I guess the phrase "entretainment media hub" (or similar) will not be included everywhere with the logo. The main logo is [kodi]
Consider yourself this exercise:
-Look at the logo without the phrase and as if you didn't know what it refers to and... try to guess what it is.

The brackets give you a "code" idea which the word kodi also does. This is cool as it is exactly what xbmc is: an open-source, programmable media center. My first bet would be something totally unrelated to a media-center, or media...probably a code IDE. A simple media element on it would be better in my opinion Smile

Cheers
(2014-08-04, 18:19)aphaits Wrote: Here's one without the '1' accent on the 'i'.

+1 from me. Best so far, makes Kodi actually look professional and that is exactly what it XBMC was and now Kodi is!
Next try with bold letters now. I like the idea of colored screens, too!

1st version (with Transparency) on black screen:

on colored screen (Transparency is cool here):

2nd version (Colored) on black screen:

on colored background:

with frame on black:

with frame on colored background:

(2014-08-04, 18:56)aphaits Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 17:14)Narfotic Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 16:53)Verderer Wrote: So far I would keep the main logo as simple as the current xbmc logo, and just play around a little with the fonts, maybe tweak them a little. So keep it REALLY simple.

The splash screens for the new releases, that's where we can get a bit nuts and creative ^^.

(Would like to give some examples, but all I got is my pad :/ )

Edit: The strong point of keeping it simple is that the logo would look really good on t-shirts and hoodies Smile

I agree. The logo should look good in one color. And you could go crazy with it on splash screens, like this.

Tried it, very good idea.

These look great. Especially like the brackets around the "kodi" (looks like the bounderies of my TV Tongue )
Someone already linked my thead in the google+ community, but i'll do it as well and post the suggestions:
https://plus.google.com/1041867195703813...avWrsSTPLz

Suggestion 1:

Suggestion 2:

Suggestion 3:

Suggestion 4:
Just flipped through all of the entries here and am just blown away by how great some are. I'd have a hard time picking. I do agree that it would probably be a good idea to avoid "hub".
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4