• 14(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
(2014-08-04, 21:08)Kib Wrote: The idea is still to incorporate RetroPlayer into Kodi, probably in version 15 so it ultimately will become an entertainment platform

Excellent ideas in this thread guys, you are really showing us what the community is capable of!

In that case.

Tongue
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-08-04, 23:29)pr0xZen Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 22:07)Memphiz Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 21:41)pr0xZen Wrote: Without intention of holding you to it like the freakin' Hulk - what are the XBMC / Kodi team's current view on a community poll for the logo (before it goes to "final touches" that is)? Your reply here suggest this might be a possibility at least. We would understand perfecly if the nature of such would require "in-progress" and final poll results to be contained until any or all legal matters are sorted. This might not be an "unspoken understanding" for everyone though, so actually stating this when and if the time comes for a poll - might be a good idea.
I don't know - with my statement i was purely talking as the individual community member which is amazed about the presented work. There will be a poll at some point for sure - but no clue who the voters will be. (i don't know more as you - noone knows - there was no discussion about that yet).
Duly noted.

Hopefully the team will consider some manner of community vote for this logo part -or at least has the option to do so. Time will tell.

Don't get your hopes high, in the other thread (rant about the name change) someone said the logo is being done/consulted with an external design house.
I am delighted with the variety of proposals. There is talent out there in the community. If the team is really paying a design house I think this thread proves it is a waste of money, since the community can produce a high quality logo as well, for free.
edit by memphiz: removed the broken image link which just results in bloat ...
In order of preference, by logo/author:

@RefleX-mrl, absolutely brilliant! Simple, modern, sophisticated. Would love to know the name of that font.
@aphaits, perfect! Again, simplicity is king. @Unfledged said it all.
@ximon, very cool! Someone mentioned that the up and down arrows make it confusing to read. Maybe make those less intrusive?

All in all, some very impressive work from all the entrants.

hudo

whitedove0108 This is the link https://imgur.com/Gzlfxfs
(2014-08-04, 21:33)ximon Wrote: Image

Really like this one, maybe alter the colour of the arrows.
(2014-08-05, 00:37)mag.py Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 22:07)blazer380 Wrote: Here is my idea:

I quite like that but I think the triangle kind of clashes with the straight edge of the I below it. Just made a version with a chiselled I:

Edit:

Also just made this version with the play symbol inside the O instead:

I'm a fan of both your ideas. Great idea on the slanted i.
Blazer I love this latest rendition with the play symbol in the O. Great use of color and white space. the sans-serif type-safe is elegant and nice as well.
(2014-08-04, 21:55)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 21:33)ximon Wrote: Image

Currently my fave! Simple, crisp, very clever, and perhaps most importantly it is a proper Logo rather that just different ways of writing Kodi.

Possibly use some coloring to make KODI more visible. Love the simplicity!
(2014-08-05, 00:47)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 21:08)Kib Wrote: The idea is still to incorporate RetroPlayer into Kodi, probably in version 15 so it ultimately will become an entertainment platform

Excellent ideas in this thread guys, you are really showing us what the community is capable of!

In that case.

Tongue

Whenever I finally get to write the retro player blog post, I'm going to need to remember this.
Exclamation 
I just want to remind everyone of a very important rule in submitting your idea.

"You must have copyright control over any art/images/logos you submit"
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4