• 20(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
(2014-08-04, 20:54)aphaits Wrote: Trying out logo placements and replaced 'media hub' with 'media center'

'Entertainment center' sounds wrong somehow if it does not incorporate interactive media like video games.

I really like this one. In style with the current design paradigm (which helps to make it recognisable i believe), not to nerdy (color and complexity wise).

The other one with the animation is very hard to read.
Kodi is a completly new name for everyone, it should be very easy to read (else people will refer to it as 'new XBMC' or in case of the one with the animation 'kok or something').
(2014-08-05, 16:13)jjd-uk Wrote: Perhaps the left triangle could be gray then the right one white so the D is more defined Huh

Like this?

(2014-08-05, 15:47)ximon Wrote: Simplified version for tshirts/buttons etc…

How would this look if the D was a solid arrow, and the | and < for the K were touching (but hopefully keeping the symmetrical spacing, even though the D and I won't be touching)?
(2014-08-05, 16:18)Karnagious Wrote:
(2014-08-05, 16:13)jjd-uk Wrote: Perhaps the left triangle could be gray then the right one white so the D is more defined Huh

Like this?

Yeah that's type of thing I had in mind
Last one for today, a few rounded versions of the logo before without the eyes.

Updated logo:

http://bit.ly/1zQI4Ja
No more symmetry… Sad

something like this:

(2014-08-05, 16:36)ximon Wrote: No more symmetry… Sad

I really like that, except take away the triangle in the K. Could you animate it and have the line for the D fade in with the i?
(2014-08-05, 16:36)ximon Wrote: No more symmetry… Sad

ah yeah, like that.

It can still be symmetrical in the animation, then fade to this. I do like the symmetry, but this might be a necessary tradeoff.
That's it, no more KOK lol

Prefer your version Ned.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Solid D

Don't strive to make it symetrical, will only get you in to trouble Tongue

Edit: In Ned's version, the "O" needs to move closer to the "K" and further from the "D", and the "I" should also be moved further from the "D" (imo).
I can also imagine the icon brackets opening up to reveal the full name.

• 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4