• 23(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
@Tinwarble I like this logo most of all..
Don't know the folks at DogHouse media, but I hope they're good, 'cause some of the logo flying in here look great !
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
(2014-08-05, 08:33)topfs2 Wrote: Just need to +1 Memphiz comment, really nice work everyone! So much fun reading through this and amazed at the logo submissions. Fun times!

(2014-08-05, 06:08)OMGrant Wrote: I think aphaits is unfortunately too simple and similar to KDE

Not that similar IMO http://www.kde.org/stuff/clipart/klogo-o...0x3000.png

Nod It's similar enough. A large "K" in an icon is pretty easily identified and synonymous with the KDE project.
(2014-08-05, 21:48)mikebzh44 Wrote:
(2014-08-05, 17:39)ximon Wrote: Animated:

Static (paper, etc.):

For me, we are loosing the spirit.

May be this is a good compromise :

(2014-08-05, 16:00)Karnagious Wrote: This is what I mean. You can tell it says Kodi.

Agreed. The wife who doesnt know XBMC is becoming KODI, showed her it and she said "what's KODI?"
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-08-05, 21:40)Memphiz Wrote: Just to show you that IT is possible:

http://youtu.be/XfloG4hoxbg

Cool!!

What's the software you use to code?
Obviously I'm no graphic artist...... But if someone who knows what they are doing wants to run with it....

It's basic, but I always loved the idea of XBMC/KODI being "Turn it on. Press play" simplicity.

Another idea....

Some of these look it little too much like the Xbox 360 ring to me.
(2014-08-05, 18:39)mag.py Wrote: Tried adding a little logo instead of clever text manipulation. The square is split in order to represent both stop and pause, with the triangle being play.

So clean. So nice. The symbol would make a great icon as well.

Incorporating remote buttons as the logo text is a non-starter. Too illegible, IMO.
My second attempt

(2014-08-04, 20:54)aphaits Wrote: Trying out logo placements and replaced 'media hub' with 'media center'

'Entertainment center' sounds wrong somehow if it does not incorporate interactive media like video games.

Just read 23 pages and this is the hands down favorite. I think this logo would win back a lot of name change haters - very slick and clean, and provides lots of options for taglines, versions, icons, etc. The other contender floating around here looks like KOK to the uninitiated.
No matter what happens with the final logo, the best of this lot should be loaded as the default screen saver!
(2014-08-05, 16:18)Karnagious Wrote:
(2014-08-05, 16:13)jjd-uk Wrote: Perhaps the left triangle could be gray then the right one white so the D is more defined Huh

Like this?

Gets my vote (with the animation being a user toggled option after the first boot)
Did a bunch of new designs. Pretty happy with them. Using lowercase Segoe UI just to see what it looks like but I might go back to uppercase.

• 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4