• 26(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas

Could you make the animation different. That the k, d and i, came out of the o?
(2014-08-06, 13:30)Verderer Wrote: Could you make the animation different. That the k, d and i, came out of the o?

Riffing on the buttons idea...

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2014-08-06, 13:45)ximon Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 13:30)Verderer Wrote: Could you make the animation different. That the k, d and i, came out of the o?

The K is very difficult to see. Other design was better but a lot of people read KOK Sad
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2014-08-06, 13:09)ximon Wrote: Image

As the basis for a logo design this works, (the colours not so sure about) love the tag line also.

It's lost that whole unfortunate alternate readability, and to my eye reads as it is meant to.

Top marks on this one ximon, really impressed with how you keep starting afresh with a new concept/back to the drawing board approach, very refreshing!
(2014-08-06, 14:11)evangelion Wrote: It's lost that whole unfortunate alternate readability, and to my eye reads as it is meant to.

That's because this logo is using the 'D' shape to be make the 'K' rather than the other way round.

Previous version was trying to use an inverted 'K' shape to read 'DI' which was leading to people reading 'KOK'.

Thanks for your feedback!
(2014-08-06, 14:15)ximon Wrote: That's because this logo is using the 'D' shape to be make the 'K' rather than the other way round.

Previous version was trying to use an inverted 'K' shape to read 'DI' which was leading to people reading 'KOK'.

Yep, I just compared the two and saw how you managed that, really clever stuff.
(2014-08-06, 14:15)ximon Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 14:11)evangelion Wrote: It's lost that whole unfortunate alternate readability, and to my eye reads as it is meant to.

That's because this logo is using the 'D' shape to be make the 'K' rather than the other way round.

Again very clever but I don't think this one would work printed on shirts, which is why I'm not keen on any of the logo's which involve shapes or letters merged over the top of each other.
(2014-08-06, 13:09)ximon Wrote: Image
I like the idea, but again I think a lot of people don't read Kodi. They read Idodi, or something like that. You can't ignore that legibility is very important right now.

I'm also not sure about the tag line. It now says KODI Kodi Entertainment Center, which doesn't really make sense.

I really don't want to shit on your designs, because I think they're beautiful, but in the beauty the legibility is lost.
(2014-08-06, 14:25)jjd-uk Wrote: Again very clever but I don't think this one would work printed on shirts, which is why I'm not keen on any of the logo's which involve shapes or letters merged over the top of each other.

This could absolutely be printed on tshirts: two shades of green plus white ink if the shirt is dark (I work in print btw).

(2014-08-06, 14:30)XBL. Wrote: I'm also not sure about the tag line. It now says KODI Kodi Entertainment Center, which doesn't really make sense.

Beware confusion between logos and wordmarks; this is a logo with a title beneath it. A logo is a graphical representation of a brand or product, it does not have to be 'read'. In this case the logo is an abstraction of the shapes of the letters in the name, but is not meant to be read as text but rather seen as a graphic.

For instance, we don't read "OOOO Audi"

"K-Kawasaki"

"W Warner Music Group"

Please keep the feedback coming though, it is all useful for me and everyone else contributing!
file:///media/p1/94E8-AB941/Sites/as-nv/kodi.png
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4