• 27(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
The Warners Logo is interesting as it uses the one letter to evoke the entire company, in fact it's not even a letter, just three blobs that simulate the letter W.

Worth pursuing?

Edit: Posted too quick.

(2014-08-06, 15:03)ximon Wrote: Image

Is that a real T-shirt!? I wants one!!

Hardware. Asrock VisionX, Onkyo TX-SR508, LG 47", ReadyNAS Ultra 6 TB | Software. XBMC Frodo, Aeon Nox 4.0, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, SABnzbd
[trakt.tv]
(2014-08-06, 15:04)evangelion Wrote: The Warners Logo is interesting as it uses the one letter to evoke the entire company, in fact it's not even a letter, just three blobs that simulate the letter W.

Worth pursuing?

Interesting…

(2014-08-06, 13:45)ximon Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 13:30)Verderer Wrote: Could you make the animation different. That the k, d and i, came out of the o?

I like this very much. I also like the way you are essentially making it unnecessary to read the logo. Good thinking there.

With that said, if it weren't for the unfortunate KOK issue, I'd still like you other version more. The animation is cooler and I somewhat prefer the angularity.

I wonder if there's any way to mostly keep the other logo, but somehow incorporate the K to D switch.
(2014-08-06, 15:14)ximon Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 15:04)evangelion Wrote: The Warners Logo is interesting as it uses the one letter to evoke the entire company, in fact it's not even a letter, just three blobs that simulate the letter W.

Worth pursuing?

Interesting…

I don't think it looks enough like a K. Looks too much like I C
(2014-08-06, 14:46)ximon Wrote: Beware confusion between logos and wordmarks; this is a logo with a title beneath it. A logo is a graphical representation of a brand or product, it does not have to be 'read'. In this case the logo is an abstraction of the shapes of the letters in the name, but is not meant to be read as text but rather seen as a graphic.

Fair enough, but wouldn't it make more sense then to actually make a graphic instead of trying to write the brand in (too) fancy letters? E.g., Coca Cola clearly chose to spell out their brand name in the logo - this probably meant it had to be legible.

Edit: basically the stuff you posted while I was typing this reply Wink.

(2014-08-06, 14:49)Angorano Wrote: file:///media/p1/94E8-AB941/Sites/as-nv/kodi.png

That's not gonna work, mate. You have to upload the picture somewhere, e.g. on http://imgur.com.
(2014-08-06, 10:04)lonjemoco Wrote: Is it KODI or Kodi? Does it matter for the logo?
KODI has good visual balance and makes up for the space when you add the tag line as well and this I believe balances out the size ratio. However I think they should register both Kodi and KODI and kodi. Like what Intel does, there will be instances where you'll need to use it in a sentence like in an agreement or contract and as such KODI will stand out more than kodi or Kodi. Lowercase company names are not given enough attention in such instances when you put it in a sentence and so on.
(2014-08-06, 15:03)ximon Wrote: Image

Not as clear on the shirt for me as the design as originally posted and certainly wouldn't work without the strapline.

To be honest I'm not entirely sure what we're after Huh is it a kodi wordmark so a text based logo with graphical elements? a logo people can go crazy with alongside Kodi in plain text? or maybe both are acceptableHuh
(2014-08-06, 15:16)natethomas Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 13:45)ximon Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 13:30)Verderer Wrote: Could you make the animation different. That the k, d and i, came out of the o?

With that said, if it weren't for the unfortunate KOK issue, I'd still like you other version more. The animation is cooler and I somewhat prefer the angularity.

I wonder if there's any way to mostly keep the other logo, but somehow incorporate the K to D switch.

+1

This one is too rounded Sad
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2014-08-06, 15:14)ximon Wrote: Image

Hmm, makes for an interesting detour, works to a degree, the "K" reads fine for me thanks to the double arrow ... and the tag line now has purpose.

I'm guessing you're still looking at alternative "K" symbols at this point, explore all avenues before discarding etc ..
(2014-08-06, 15:18)XBL. Wrote: Fair enough, but wouldn't it make more sense then to actually make a graphic instead of trying to write the brand in (too) fancy letters?

Writing the brand in 'too fancy' letters *is* a graphic. Just ask LG, Northwest Airlines, Sun Microsystems, etc.

Anywho, we're all just throwing ideas around at this point…
(2014-08-06, 13:09)ximon Wrote: Image

A very interesting concept. Would it not look better with the O in the middle being darker than the rest of the shapes?
It would also be interesting to see how a bigger O would impact the rest of the shapes too. It may make the K more defined along with the D.

Playing with K…

Keep playing ... that one's gonna get howled at I can guarantee it lol

What font are you using for the tag/strap line btw? That HAS to stay, just the "KODI" in itself looks spot-on.
Just a different color palette

• 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4