• 28(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
LOL.

The font is Gotham, such a great font.

Not open source, but unless you want to use it in Kodi's menus and UI that shouldn't be a problem. You don't need a license to reproduce a logo set in a commercial font.
Thanks for that, thought I didn't recognise it, and yes, very nice font!
(2014-08-06, 15:57)ximon Wrote: LOL.

The font is Gotham, such a great font.

Not open source, but unless you want to use it in Kodi's menus and UI that shouldn't be a problem. You don't need a license to reproduce a logo set in a commercial font.

Bear in mind we'll need to able to trademark/copyright the chosen logo so the licenses for elements used should allow this.
Little mod from Ximon first logo :

Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
This is mine ! :

More subtle

(2014-08-06, 17:14)blazer380 Wrote: More subtle

Looks nice, modern and professional.
Idea being - popcorn, stage curtains, movement
Typeface - opensans

Nice!

The logo is shown in a couple orientations and as an icon with just the triangle and letter k.

The logo has a couple simple elements:

"play" triangle and letter "k" create an "x" as a reminder of the software's roots

the font uses circles for the "o" and "d" suggesting the viewer eyes

the lower case "i" can be interpreted as a person.

The logo as shown would be the standard logo but the elements could be used playfully in other contexts.

The implied x could be made more explicit in an animation or transitional logo.

And the eyes could be made to blink, wink or roll in an animation,

Or they could be replaced with DVD disks or other similar graphics (power button etc.)

The letter i could also be manipulated as a "person" both graphically and in animations.

The standard logo however remain clean, easy to read and reproduce.
(2014-08-05, 17:55)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: i do also Like the one which is "officaly" postet (with a small chanche --> the "o")

i don't think it looks too "Childish" as some say. I like things who look "light" and not so "heavy" stuff.

Can someone improve this "official one please i don't have a particular design in mind, whoever it is just make it random.
It would be Kodi's most presentable splash image.. It's like a TiVo stuff Smile

(2014-08-05, 20:07)StigtriX Wrote: This thread has got more kok than Smith & Wesson! Tongue I really think the "D" must be a lot clearer for the logo not to be a complete failure.

It mustn't be 100%, There is a company already assigned to do the final touches, IIRC Big Grin
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
(2014-08-06, 18:43)dramaticraazrs Wrote: Idea being - popcorn, stage curtains, movement
Typeface - opensans

This is so so good. By far my favourite so far.
(2014-08-06, 15:03)ximon Wrote: Image

Now that's DOPE. Blush Wink Wink

This should be the "Official" - OFFICIAL I'd buy that at $150 Bucks without worries Big Grin
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
I did not create this, I am just posting an idea to make it not spell KOK accidentally.

If it is broken: Link
(2014-08-06, 20:02)nibble128 Wrote: I did not create this, I am just posting an idea to make it not spell KOK accidentally.

If it is broken: Link

Having the triangle on both sides like that still keeps it balanced and looking like KOK though.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4