• 34(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
I admit to not having thoroughly read every post in this longish thread, so what I have to say may have been said before. Doesn't matter, I think it may be important.
It also may or may not be completely obvious.

I think it is a good idea to be careful with the brand. I have no figures, but I do believe XBMC's brand is a rather strong one, most people I speak with has at least heard about it. The name change is thus a risk in it self, This is a good reason to try and make the Kodi logo as similar to the XBMC one as possible, at least for the first period after the name change. Keep the fonts, colours, graphic elements and mascots, maybe brush them up a little, but don't throw the established visual identity overboard. Not that I think it would utterly destroy the brand, but I do believe it would mean taking a (propably unnecessary) risk. XBMC has a good reputation, make it easy for people to recognise Kodi as the new XBMC.

If you do wish a completely new visual identity (in addition to the name change) I would advise to wait a year or so, to let the new name settle. You propably have people better suited than I to work out the strategy.

I have seen several suggestions in the thread that seem to be on the same page as I am here. I have also seen some good suggestions that would mean a new visual language. Maybe you could keep one of these for later.
:Here's my attempt as the saying goes if it ain't broke tweak it Big Grin

Here's my suggestion. I'm no artist but I liked the looks of it when I doodled it.

I'm not very good at art in general, but here's my idea. It has the letters KODI, back/forth/rewind/skip arrows, curly braces because Kodi sounds like code, and a hexagon in the middle 'cause I like hexagons and it could also kinda look like a stop symbol. Also, negative space chevrons! May be a little KOK issue here though. Could also look good with a little line above/below the I, but I can't be bothered to add that. |<{ }>|

(2014-08-07, 14:01)paulodanfsousa Wrote: my logo for kodi Smile

Nice. Very nice.
Really nice seeing all of these logos, there is so much talent out there from ex xbmc now Kodi users.

But most of this thread is still all about Graphical options and most of the Graphics include a word that I believe still causes discrepancy.

If the xbmc organization has now commited to this name change could we also have some discussion on Media Center or Media Centre? As this was also part of this thread?

Microsoft committed themselves to 'Center' with MCE being an egocentric US Company.

Could we see a change away from Kodi here with such a strong international community to something like 'Entertainment Hub'? 'Media Hub'?

I like the word hub just an example Big Grin
The sub line in not for discussion in this thread. It's not part of the logo.
Thread opening post also says it only about graphics
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ummm

"Important notes:

We're not sure yet what kind of "subtitle" Kodi is going to have, such as "Media Center", "Entertainment Platform", "Entertainment Center", or whatever (feel free to give your input on that as well!), so feel free to include any of those in your logo examples, or even just "Kodi" alone. You may even want to show a couple of examples with different sub-titles."

Surely I have mis-understood something quite obvious then?

"Feel free to give your input on that as well?"

Ummm very unsure what to say. I am on your side
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-08-08, 01:04)steeb Wrote: Ummm

"Important notes:

We're not sure yet what kind of "subtitle" Kodi is going to have, such as "Media Center", "Entertainment Platform", "Entertainment Center", or whatever (feel free to give your input on that as well!), so feel free to include any of those in your logo examples, or even just "Kodi" alone. You may even want to show a couple of examples with different sub-titles."

Hmm guess I didn't see that part of the post. Imo it shouldn't be in this thread to discuss what it will be. Only examples then.

Note: Hub sounds awful.
This looks sooooo good!
Everyday I see a new favorite Logo.....!
This one I like, simple yet elegant....
Very talented!

Regards

Alfred

(2014-08-08, 01:05)Tinwarble Wrote: Image
(2014-08-08, 01:11)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 01:04)steeb Wrote: Ummm

"Important notes:

Hmm guess I didn't see that part of the post. Imo it shouldn't be in this thread to discuss what it will be. Only examples then.

Note: Hub sounds awful.

No problem Martijn,

I only went with what I had seen written. I do think that this is an important part of how this plays out. Center and Centre IMHO should not have to exist any more as Kodi is so Universal. I like Hub because the simple meaning is what Kodi does.

But totally respect your opinion and I won't chat about this any more on this thread.

I vaguely understand what you guys have had to go through making this change and understand it must be very frustrating.

I have to once again give a big thumbs up to Ned Scott for being so calm and taking most of the flak.

very best
Thx Smile
Likely well be seeing some nice alternatives for the sub line passing by.
(2014-08-07, 21:59)SmoothEmJay Wrote:
(2014-08-07, 12:42)Zeros Wrote: Image

I love this one, absolutely fantastic and minimalistic as well. Top work.

I could easily see this in my Kodi boot screen. Love it. I have no Ida how you can make it so minimal yet elegant.

(2014-08-08, 01:05)Tinwarble Wrote: Image

Very slick, I like it. Tough time choosing my favorite. I could see this as the splash screen too.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4