• 38(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
(2014-08-07, 07:47)Kib Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 15:55)dramaticraazrs Wrote: Just a different color palette

I am wondering what it looks like if the triangles are around the K in the logo

I think if you add the triangles to the K it'll look too cluttered and the subtleness will be lost. Also "natively" (as seen in the bottom image) if you print that with the triangles attached to the K, you'd have a weird looking shape in print (3rd image) because that whole area would end up as one fill. Would have to make an alternative (4th image) to make it work such than the triangles and the K are both visible in print by adding an outline or some such, if we do that you lose consistency in the brand. Losing consitency as in the colored version would look tad different to the BW version since the BW version would need an outline for it to work. However if it had to be done in grayscale no issues but it is always good to factor in if third party (eg, sponsored events) will just use black ink to print it out to cut down costs or hell even fax, they just might not have the patience or the time to use the alternative version of the same logo. So all in all if it works natively in BW there is little to be worried about someone else printing it however they please since it'll yield the same results no matter what.

My first try.

Second try.

And third.

Hope gives some inspiration!
Toby stole your design and modified it (inverted the colour set) for a bit of impact, and killed the second K not sure of the triangle, (might work if it was Blue) feel free to work it further.
(2014-08-08, 09:11)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 08:44)ximon Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 04:39)usheriko Wrote: Image

This is very nice!
I was thinking of something similar for your animated design using colour to stop KOK being read, my thought was white & blue (as orange is too Plex for me). So perhaps K is white, O is blue, D is white, I is blue, so animation starts blue circle surrounded by white arrows then blue and white lines fade in, they spin then when they come to rest white line forms part of K and blue line forms the I.

Hi there, here's another one considering some of your thoughts and a "loading/buffering" O Smile have a nice weekend.
Usher.
(2014-08-08, 21:35)PatK Wrote: Toby stole your design and modified it (inverted the colour set) for a bit of impact, and killed the second K not sure of the triangle, (might work if it was Blue) feel free to work it further.
Reminds me too much of kodak especially with that yellow
I borrowed the d-pad from Zeros' design because it can work as a standalone icon, but the KODI name is fully readable.

Some ideas I made out of pure boredom...

What does the Umbrella corp. logo within the 'O' supposed to represent? Also you might want to consider what your logo would look just black and white. I would almost try just the KODI text without the thing in the middle of the O.
I was thinking something like this. The star would make it more cowboy like. And perhaps more cool. Feel free to work on this idea. I hope you will.

posted image
(2014-08-08, 22:57)Anerlan Wrote: Image

Hey, this one is awesome. Simple, elegant and happy. Similar to old logo, but with a bit of a fresh air.

Very important is, that this one looks good monochromatic, just black on white. All these folor animations are mostly useless as a logo, since they are too complex or too colorful. Print them on black&white printer and you get garbage, nothing more.
@blazer - haha - I did not see the 'umbrella'!! This originally started as radial play buttons but I suppose that got a little lost.

Here is one without it and a few icons. I like the color (which really could be anything) and not just the monochrome. Why exactly do people care about the logo being monochrome?

(2014-08-08, 23:08)Forumian Wrote: I was thinking something like this. The star would make it more cowboy like. And perhaps more cool. Feel free to work on this idea. I hope you will.

Reminds me of this

(2014-08-08, 23:30)jkirk Wrote: @blazer - haha - I did not see the 'umbrella'!! This originally started as radial play buttons but I suppose that got a little lost.

Here is one without it and a few icons. I like the color (which really could be anything) and not just the monochrome. Why exactly do people care about the logo being monochrome?

That's better with just solid. The reason monochrome is important is for printing purposes. If a logo works as one solid color, it means any color can be applied to it. So say you have a blue t-shirt, but your logo has blue in it. If you print the logo on that shirt, parts of the logo will not be visible. If you have a solid white logo, it will show up properly. Same goes with solid black. Also the more colors, the more expensive it gets to print.
(2014-08-04, 17:14)Narfotic Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 16:53)Verderer Wrote: So far I would keep the main logo as simple as the current xbmc logo, and just play around a little with the fonts, maybe tweak them a little. So keep it REALLY simple.

The splash screens for the new releases, that's where we can get a bit nuts and creative ^^.

(Would like to give some examples, but all I got is my pad :/ )

Edit: The strong point of keeping it simple is that the logo would look really good on t-shirts and hoodies Smile

I agree. The logo should look good in one color. And you could go crazy with it on splash screens, like this.

This is fantastic!
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4