• 39(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
(2014-08-08, 23:12)jkufner Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 22:57)Anerlan Wrote: Image

Hey, this one is awesome. Simple, elegant and happy. Similar to old logo, but with a bit of a fresh air.

Very important is, that this one looks good monochromatic, just black on white. All these folor animations are mostly useless as a logo, since they are too complex or too colorful. Print them on black&white printer and you get garbage, nothing more.

I like this one too. Not overly complex and reminiscent of the old name. Might need a little more flare than that though, I dunno.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-08-08, 23:46)blazer380 Wrote: That's better with just solid. The reason monochrome is important is for printing purposes. If a logo works as one solid color, it means any color can be applied to it. So say you have a blue t-shirt, but your logo has blue in it. If you print the logo on that shirt, parts of the logo will not be visible. If you have a solid white logo, it will show up properly. Same goes with solid black. Also the more colors, the more expensive it gets to print.

I would seriously doubt that printing costs for t-shirts is high on the priority list for logo design consideration. Smile
Anerlan's logo http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1769119 is my favourite so far out of the many wonderful logos people have made. It's got something special about it without being kiddish. Really great work.

I like the font used in this one quite a lot. Very reminiscent of the xbmc logo.
(2014-08-08, 21:35)PatK Wrote: Toby stole your design and modified it (inverted the colour set) for a bit of impact, and killed the second K not sure of the triangle, (might work if it was Blue) feel free to work it further.
Tried making it blue, but I honestly like the green one better. Any other suggestions?

Firstly, may I say how amazing it is to see so many newbies posting on this thread. The fact that so many people have not only taken the time to register on the forum, but also to share their logo ideas and their opinions - is amazing to me. It shows just how much people feel a part of this community even if they've never contributed before. Something as simple as asking people for logo ideas has genuinely excited those who love this software (whatever it's called) and encouraged them to contribute. If nothing else comes from this thread, that's a great achievement, and will hopefully encourage the team to consult the community more often in the future.

However, I'd like to briefly voice my concern over the logo's presented here. Thre are some amazing logos being presented. Many of them, though, are based on final or near-final designs - whether that's in the form of a splashscreen, an icon, a t-shirt, whatever. I sincerely hope the team takes into account the potential of the logo - and not the presented logo itself - when choosing which logos are contenders for Kodi's official design.

Oh, and keep it up community - I'm loving looking at what you all have come up with Smile
@Anerlan your stuff looks really great Smile - is this font free?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
A suggestion to add to the first post which will help people develop suitable logos: add the descriptive adjectives for what the Kodi brand is all about. Is it cool, fun, sleek, easy to use, cutting edge, etc. The name, logo, colors should all evoke those words.
(2014-08-09, 00:49)Unfledged Wrote: However, I'd like to briefly voice my concern over the logo's presented here. Thre are some amazing logos being presented. Many of them, though, are based on final or near-final designs - whether that's in the form of a splashscreen, an icon, a t-shirt, whatever. I sincerely hope the team takes into account the potential of the logo - and not the presented logo itself - when choosing which logos are contenders for Kodi's official design.
no worries, I'll take care of that. Having a graphical education (even though I'm more into coding by now) I'll make sure to focus on the core requirements and let any bloat like animations and blending fanart/backgrounds aside while judging. We probably should prepare a template and ask the creators of our top X favourite logos to use it and bring their ideas into a uniform presentation form for better comparisson.

This is my favourite yet, excellent work.

It's professional, sleek and simple. The font is what makes it for me though, similar to the XBMC font with a more modern feel. I think it looks great on this colour as I feel that a plain black background is a little dull.
This is my submission Nod
(2014-08-09, 01:08)da-anda Wrote:
(2014-08-09, 00:49)Unfledged Wrote: However, I'd like to briefly voice my concern over the logo's presented here. Thre are some amazing logos being presented. Many of them, though, are based on final or near-final designs - whether that's in the form of a splashscreen, an icon, a t-shirt, whatever. I sincerely hope the team takes into account the potential of the logo - and not the presented logo itself - when choosing which logos are contenders for Kodi's official design.
no worries, I'll take care of that. Having a graphical education (even though I'm more into coding by now) I'll make sure to focus on the core requirements and let any bloat like animations and blending fanart/backgrounds aside while judging. We probably should prepare a template and ask the creators of our top X favourite logos to use it and bring their ideas into a uniform presentation form for better comparisson.

Should have known you (or Ned) would take care of that. As much as i'm loving looking at the logo ideas, I'm eager for an opportunity to objectively judge them against each other Smile
(2014-08-09, 01:10)itry Wrote:

This is my favourite yet, excellent work.

It's professional, sleek and simple. The font is what makes it for me though, similar to the XBMC font with a more modern feel. I think it looks great on this colour as I feel that a plain black background is a little dull.

I guess any reasonable darker wallpaper (e.g. night landscape) will do the trick.
(2014-08-08, 22:57)Anerlan Wrote: Some ideas I made out of pure boredom...

This one definitely makes it into my top 3. I like the reference to the old logo and really like the icon. Shared first place with the [Kodi] logo.

Edit: with [Kodi] logo I am referencing:
(2014-08-04, 18:19)aphaits Wrote: Here's one without the '1' accent on the 'i'.

watch gallery
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4