• 45(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
The studio could easily make a monochrome version which would look something l;ike this:

probably with a little bit more rounded bottom, this was a hackjob in paint Smile
Yep Thats no problem at all.

Can somebody create an animation for me using the animation below with some pointers?

I have read through all the posts and while there are some really good ones that I like; the best logo also has the biggest flaw. It reads KOK

What needs to happen is the D needs to be more pronounced. It has been shown a few times, but the D needs to be only one colour, but the D must be a different colour to the O & I next to it. I was thinking if a line was to appear to fill in the D then it should either fade into being or split from one of the circling lines to create the D

If it has a triangle inside it must be the same colour as the rest of the D to distinguish the text. After the lines rotate around it the Triangle can just fade into being as the lines are about to stop.

I also love having the I lower case as it distinguishes the text a lot more.I also like the idea of the version number being in the I yet I dont know how feasible that would be

The last part showing a swirl. I am unsure if the animation would work with that, but it's a nice touch. Maybe created by the rotating sections. Might look good animated.
(2014-08-10, 19:16)Kib Wrote: The studio could easily make a monochrome version which would look something l;ike this:

probably with a little bit more rounded bottom, this was a hackjob in paint Smile
(2014-08-10, 19:34)usheriko Wrote: Yep Thats no problem at all.
yes, something like that, but I don't like how the D is attached to the O. The shapes are not clearly readable like with the gradients. So you would have to add cuts all around the O to separate the D, and that was my main concern if this would still look nice and not change the visual identity
been using XBMC for years, time to give something back... my attempt at a logo design. clean and simpleBig Grin
watch gallery
Here's my version, both normal and monochrome. And a few variations.

(2014-08-10, 20:47)samfisher Wrote: Here's my version, both normal and monochrome. And a few variations.

I like the first blue design

(2014-08-09, 23:55)usheriko Wrote: Another one Big Grin

Very nice Smile

This is a rought idea what i would like to see from this idea.

So the O and th D become something like what you have now but a union like Image

like ROUGHT pant job missing blends Image

I think marrying those concepts + the blend states you offering it would be very interesting to see. it done please see what you can muster, I,de be gald to see it.
(2014-08-10, 19:36)schaefner Wrote: Image

Like the bottom one.
As it was already mentioned - please don't use the notion KODi - we will get sued by a german cheap ass discounter because they use the small i in their logo ... (just kidding - but keep it Kodi or KODI)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-08-10, 19:36)schaefner Wrote: Image

Nice!
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4