• 46(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
Best 3 ideas i've seen:

(2014-08-04, 17:05)airpoint Wrote: for me, XBMC/KODI represents a cinematic experience on my flat widescreen display:

(2014-08-04, 17:11)aphaits Wrote: One more experimental one because why not.

(2014-08-04, 18:47)RefleX-mrl Wrote: I like it minimalistic. Ideas here:

Btw.. Hi there! First Post Tongue
(2014-08-10, 20:47)samfisher Wrote: Here's my version, both normal and monochrome. And a few variations.

I don't know what other Team members feelings are so this is just my personal opinion, but whenever I see orange used like that I think of Plex, I would suggest avoiding all usage of orange.
I don't give a ... about Plex also using orange. In same way you could say don't use blue because MediaPortal does and we can't use anything green because of Boxee?. As long as the shapes are clearly different it doesn't matter to me if someone else is using the same or a simmilar colour.
A suggestion for the Kodi Logo

(2014-08-11, 10:23)da-anda Wrote: I don't give a ... about Plex also using orange. In same way you could say don't use blue because MediaPortal does and we can't use anything green because of Boxee?. As long as the shapes are clearly different it doesn't matter to me if someone else is using the same or a simmilar colour.

It's more the use of orange in the play symbol which in my mind is heavily associated with Plex as they use a version for their app icon, for example this is one of their icons

To me we should avoid any possible confusion.
@jjd-uk - sure, confusion has to be avoided. But as I said, as long as the shape itself is unique enough, colours shouldn't matter that much.

edit: you won't confuse this with Plex, would you? Image - so it's not only the colour
Maybe it's just me, but if it was an app icon with that play symbol a prominent part of the design, then yes I'd still think Plex.
It might be too busy for some of the logos, but I like uNiversal's idea of not just using the play button, but the entire remote circle (up, down, left, right, select), where select is also "play" on some remotes. That way it's not just that there's a play button there, but it's also emphasizing the remote control, but still throws that play button in there.
I've seen too much KOK the last few pages.
That is what i had in my mind... Smile

Another idea is to create a unique logo, no letters in the logo, and add "kodi" in plain simple lettering, just like the image above Big Grin

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Just trying something a bit different. Big Grin

@samfisher love it.
(2014-08-11, 19:45)helta Wrote: @samfisher love it.

+1
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4