• 48(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
Video 
here are some ideas remember the early radios they were like an upsidedown (u) or the early tv's(philco predicta) where the tv tube set above the box on a stem another idea is an expanded take on(juramusger's) post a film reel for the (O) and the film spelling the rest sorry iam not an artest
use the film frames to denote media a stylized music note for music a a stylized tv for tv shows a famous picture for pictures a stylized movie theater
for movies
(2014-08-11, 22:47)samfisher Wrote: Monochrome version.

I like it, reminds me of the Disney logo!
(2014-08-11, 19:21)samfisher Wrote: Just trying something a bit different. Big Grin

Awesome logo! I really like it.
(2014-08-12, 04:23)JEDI JF Wrote:
(2014-08-11, 19:21)samfisher Wrote: Just trying something a bit different. Big Grin

Awesome logo! I really like it.
Yes, this is the best logo I have seen so far. It's just beautiful.
The lowercase "i" is no problem for me, I think it's looking like a person too.

Edit:
An other good example of a good logo has been made by ximon.
see post #234.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1766499

(2014-08-05, 14:20)ximon Wrote: Image

I really like the animation, but it has that "kok" problem.

Perhaps a fusion of both logo's is possible?
Little guy watching tv

(2014-08-09, 23:55)usheriko Wrote: Another one Big Grin

Very nice.
HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
(2014-08-12, 06:16)blazer380 Wrote: Little guy watching tv

I like this idea, very simple and strong
(2014-08-11, 21:38)fritsch Wrote: We cannot allow a logo that is smoother than our playback :-)

+1
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
(2014-08-11, 23:48)uNiversal Wrote:

I love it, the way the KO continuity and to the D and general effect does it, and it happens to be a great color scheme, and the ppl who are hung up on other colors because of one project or another cant moan and complain, not to mention the O on itslef works for any possible icons and smaller gfx like favicon and similar. Most importantly there's a hidden X, which with or without purposeful inclusion gives the project some identity to its roots. I also like that there is no particular font being used and feels more like a proper design. Yes this is one of the only submissions I could swear their are both professional and professional looking.

There has been many great ones, but this stands out .. + the subtle hint of resemblance to this is really cool ;

Fantastic idea.

I also like Samfishers proposal.
(2014-08-12, 01:28)Ned Scott Wrote: It looks great, but also looks very... "fun" (for a lack of better words), and I think some people are seeing fun as being kiddish/cody/casual/etc. Especially when this one also has the lowercase "i" on the end.
This.

I love this one, especially the idea behind it (although one might argue the same things as Ned Scott, but imo this one has a more mature feel to it).
Well, if the entire logo is just in normal case and not all upper case, then it's fine. It just looks weird to me when the "i" is the only letter not in upper case in an all upper case logo.
Here's another try
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2014-08-12, 12:58)Ned Scott Wrote: Well, if the entire logo is just in normal case and not all upper case, then it's fine. It just looks weird to me when the "i" is the only letter not in upper case in an all upper case logo.

IMHO:
  • For someone who does not already know Kodi, the logo is more easily readable with a lowercase i.
  • we can write the version number in the dot of the letter i.
  • With a uppercase i, it shows some semblance of symmetry which leads to be able to read KOK. Do not provide moaners new reasons to bash with the new logo. They are the ones who do the most harm to the reputation of the software, rather than all the name changes in the world.

But in my case the real problem is not there. Now I do not imagine that I could not be disappointed by discovering the logo that has been concocted by doghousemedia. They better be really really good Wink
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4