• 49(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
I really like blazer380 logo! Big Grin

@XBL.: There's an idea behind my last logo too, it's just that I didn't care to explain Smile

But here it is, just for curious people, I try to explain my logo (with bad english):

The "I" part of the "K" represents... a screen! Yes... a flat screen tv, your pc monitor, a tablet, a smartphone, whatever.
The "<OD" part represents... well.. nobody realized... but it's a tape! A "generic" tape. It doesn't specify if video/audio/image tape, just ALL of them.
The "i" represents a person, the user, you.
So yeah.. the tape (meaning: any type of media) goes inside the screen, then comes outside and goes toward the user(the lowercase "i"). But before that it does a rotation/revolution around the central "play symbol", the rotation symbol means"process" (it's used very often). I choose to use white for the "play" because it symbolizes the union of all colors, and in the logo this means that it can play all formats. So this is what the logo is saying: Kodi is a FUN and SMOOTH entertainment center that can be used in (almost) anything with a SCREEN and can PROCESS ALL kind of media and deliver those to YOU. Or at least that was my idea Big Grin

Though it also looks like a big green fish Big Grin
Thanks!

@samfisher, not sure if you intended this, but the K and the O with the play icon make it look like an eye. Similar to the NVIDIA logo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nvidia_logo.svg

As for the idea behind my latest entry, to me it says:

SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE SHOW
That's why I like your logo, it has a concept behind it Smile
Yes I'm aware it's similar to the nVidia logo in some parts, it wasn't intended, but when I noticed it, I just didn't care and just go with what I had in mind. Also if anybody sees an eye or an "X" hidden in the logo I think it's cool Smile
I think it is because the green color. It is one of very popular hues. Orange is also one of these. Maybe cyen would help a bit. Have you tried different colors, preferably rare hues?
Based on samfisher's loop idea, pushing it a bit further keeping legibility in mind. I tried turning OD as an infinity symbol but I think it's been done already if you do a google reverse image search or just google "OD" logos.

(2014-08-11, 19:21)samfisher Wrote: Just trying something a bit different. Big Grin

I like this but when I skimmed through the pages I first thought someone posted the Nvidia logo. But it's probably just because of the left part of the "<O" and the green color.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Quick idea based around some other peoples initial ideas...

Liked the idea of brackets relating to coding so tried to incorporate them and ended up turning them into the frame of a tv set, also turned the 'o' into a power button.

Not even really sure if I like them myself, but thought I'd throw them out there anyway Tongue

@jkufner: Yeah I tried a lot of colors, here it is a blue version.

But I still prefer the green one Smile
Its the only logo I would consider at this time for any real contender, you have my vote, no tthat it matters.

Can you do visualizations with tshirts white/black and the website/wiki mocks and favicons? and perhaps do a all caps and all lowercase since there always going to be those who hate the lowercase i (not me) I think its a winner already.
(2014-08-12, 19:22)Montellese Wrote:
(2014-08-11, 19:21)samfisher Wrote: Just trying something a bit different. Big Grin

I like this but when I skimmed through the pages I first thought someone posted the Nvidia logo. But it's probably just because of the left part of the "<O" and the green color.

* un1versal sighs and mutters something about comic sans "professional" failure logos

as a fyi to any it reminds me of comments, its absolute nothing like, its a bit silly you see yellow its plex blue media portal, green nvidia, wtf, it can just be black and white it still rocks.
(2014-08-12, 06:16)blazer380 Wrote: Little guy watching tv

Dude! This! This is quite simple but still absolutely sweet, strong and adorable. Well done, sir!
Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter
One of my favorites is samfisher's logo.

However, when I showed it to a friend who hadn't heard of the new name, he couldn't make out the "D" quickly and wasn't sure what it spelt. But once I told him the name was kodi he was able to make it out easily.

Perhaps repeating KODI on the line below, "KODI ENTERTAINMENT CENTER", would clear any confusion for new users.

Just my two cents!!

HOPE YOU LIKE IT

ONE MORE:

The last few pages have been clean & simple, I'd be more than happy to sport any of them, goes to show this community has talent and creative ideas.
I think Eddage's looks nice. Very clean and simple, but has an elegance about it. Not a fan of the power button though.

But Samfishers is quite amazing - a very well thought out and executed concept. Lends itself to almost everything that's required of a logo and unique.

Blazers little guy watching tv.. another very nice one. Out of the 3 it's Samfishers for me, unless Eddage can do something with the power button in his.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4