• 51(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
@uNiversal: Thanks for your awesome support and passion! Big Grin

The icons:

I made sure that any size looks perfect and that they work well on any background color. Smile
Monochrome version with IOS style icons

@blazer380: nice work! But... I suggest you to try making the icon a little more unique Smile also a more opaque inner bevel on the "little guy" to make it more visible on gray backgrounds.
I don't know why, but sometimes the images are not visible from tapatalk.
By example post #749, if I open that post within a browser they are shown.
Just a hint.
(2014-08-13, 17:19)samfisher Wrote: @blazer380: nice work! But... I suggest you to try making the icon a little more unique Smile also a more opaque inner bevel on the "little guy" to make it more visible on gray backgrounds.

Thank you for the suggestions Samfisher...

For me personally "less is more". The 'k' is unique enough to be recognized as an icon. A symbol icon (brand mark) is only recognized once the brand has been out there for a while. When people see the new logo, you want them to instantly think of the name kodi and a 'k' does just that. There are a ton of brands out there that use the first letter for their icon without extra flair.

As for the inner bevel color, that can all be adjusted at any time if the logo idea gets picked up. I don't want to focus too much on color at the moment since it can be changed/adjusted. The main thing now is to get the ideas out there.

Lightbulb 
After years of read this forum in silence I finally decide to sign in to submit some ideas I have about the new logo.

I think that a thing that is common to all XBM... errr Kodi users is the remote controller with the D-pad to move along the menus so that could be the distintive icon to this application, as viewed in several above submissions.

With this idea in mind I spent some time and bring these examples. Hope someone like them:
The letters from KODI could stand for Kaleidoscope of Diverse Ideals. Since the XBMC platform is a Kaleidoscope of sorts in that we use it to view or listen to media. By definition , an ideal is a conception of something in its perfection. Since colorful things tend to stimulate our human brains, the logo could be colorful like a kaleidoscope in whatever shape or form the logo itself is in. I'm not in graphics, just throwing out ideas for the imaginative! Wink

(2014-08-13, 19:00)tcelfer Wrote: Image

I like this design the best so far..... just my opinionWink
I really like this logo....
Well thought out and lots of meaning...
I like samfishers, but also have some comments on it. The D isn't easily distinguishable, making it look like 'KOOI' (which means 'cage' in Dutch). Also, the OD part kinda looks like a cartoony butt. Overall, however, it's one of the best submissions yet. The <OD part also kinda look like an eye, which is somewhat relevant.

I still think that there's some way to remedy ximons 'KOK problem' as well. Thoroughly like that one too.
(2014-08-13, 20:58)WeirdH Wrote: ...
I still think that there's some way to remedy ximons 'KOK problem' as well. Thoroughly like that one too.

I agree. Playing with colors did not quite fix the kok-thing, maybe a combination of ideas from ximon and this from neo_rambo http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1768964 is possible?
@WeirdH LOL! Yeah every time I look at my logo I find something new Smile a fish, a vhs cassette, an eye, the "X", now a butt! And I just tried rotating my head to the right to check out... I see an ice cream cup! Big Grin
(2014-08-13, 19:00)tcelfer Wrote: Image

I vote this one. It captures the spirit of the 'KODI' name without being ugly as heck or just ignoring the whole Play,Pause, Ect entirely.
(2014-08-13, 08:41)Tinwarble Wrote: Image

Wow Tinwarble, good job! works on many levels. The play button could easily be swapped for other elements like a power button, graphic of a tv, etc. The curly brackets are very representative of the customization and plugin nature of the program. (brackets like that make people think of simple programming and add-ons) How would it look in monotone (just black and white)?
Inspired by SamFisher's logo but a bit sharper edges and turned the circle.

• 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4