• 56(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
(2014-08-14, 15:32)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-08-14, 02:16)steeb Wrote:
(2014-08-13, 17:03)samfisher Wrote: @uNiversal: Thanks for your awesome support and passion! Big Grin

The icons:

I made sure that any size looks perfect and that they work well on any background color. Smile

Still really like this. Why couldn't that be it? Just that central icon and forget about spelling Kodi in the logo?

Just have Kodi name underneath?

I agreed that design as a logo with Kodi Media Center alongside in plain text could work well

With pause " inside the central play icon?

Anyone want to take up the challenge I posted below? I would do this but I do not have the tools nor the skills.I believe that there are a couple of quick solutions that would make this a viable logo.

(2014-08-10, 20:02)phoenix79 Wrote: Can somebody create an animation for me using the animation below with some pointers?

I have read through all the posts and while there are some really good ones that I like; the best logo also has the biggest flaw. It reads KOK

What needs to happen is the D needs to be more pronounced. It has been shown a few times, but the D needs to be only one colour, but the D must be a different colour to the O & I next to it. I was thinking if a line was to appear to fill in the D then it should either fade into being or split from one of the circling lines to create the D

If it has a triangle inside it must be the same colour as the rest of the D to distinguish the text. After the lines rotate around it the Triangle can just fade into being as the lines are about to stop.

I also love having the I lower case as it distinguishes the text a lot more.I also like the idea of the version number being in the I yet I dont know how feasible that would be

The last part showing a swirl. I am unsure if the animation would work with that, but it's a nice touch. Maybe created by the rotating sections. Might look good animated.

Nice!!
(2014-08-15, 22:50)wpbpete Wrote:
(2014-08-14, 14:21)zag Wrote: Collection of the submissions

http://pho.to/6jwm7
http://pho.to/6jx0t
http://pho.to/6jxbF

Put a ticker on these and let's get the poll going, Time to start voting!!!

Hello, our proposal doesn't seem to appear in the list.

Can you add it please?
(2014-08-18, 11:27)beauxartsdesign Wrote:
(2014-08-15, 22:50)wpbpete Wrote:
(2014-08-14, 14:21)zag Wrote: Collection of the submissions

http://pho.to/6jwm7
http://pho.to/6jx0t
http://pho.to/6jxbF

Put a ticker on these and let's get the poll going, Time to start voting!!!

Hello, our proposal doesn't seem to appear in the list.

Can you add it please?

Mine either :

Please add them.
That list is just something Zag made for himself, so don't worry guys Smile
If it is in this thread, it has been seen.
(2014-08-10, 20:02)phoenix79 Wrote: Can somebody create an animation for me using the animation below with some pointers?

I have read through all the posts and while there are some really good ones that I like; the best logo also has the biggest flaw. It reads KOK

What needs to happen is the D needs to be more pronounced.

I like this as is, including the text "OPEN SOURCE ..."
I don't consider it a flaw that it can read KOK, this can also be a plus. Things not entirely clear stimulate the brain.
@ uNiversal: liked your last concept, so I made something out of it Smile

Nothing special, just for inspiration! Wink
(2014-08-18, 20:13)samfisher Wrote: @ uNiversal: liked your last concept, so I made something out of it Smile

Fantastic, just fantastic.
(2014-08-18, 20:13)samfisher Wrote: Image

Can we see this one without the metallic texture (actually, without as much texture as is sane without being the icon - modern is flat after all Wink) If that looks as good as I suspect, we have another contender Smile
(2014-08-18, 20:13)samfisher Wrote: @ uNiversal: liked your last concept, so I made something out of it Smile

Yours I see are fully dressed up (with textures and colors highlights etc) looks great, Certainly giving kodi the jovial and fun look while looking tight and crisp. the TV idea blends in well and starts to make you wanna have this splatterd all over. The arching on the letters/bulging is just right imo. This would look great black and white and the O prefectly suits the smaller icon job or even the logo + plain text with this font face just under it.

And here is my fart in the wind as a reference For reference

(2014-08-18, 20:13)samfisher Wrote: Image

This is more or less what I imagined, I particularly like the play "Jewel" texture , again fully dressed looking sharp, though the texture is radial on the O and brushed on the other letters. Again a good visial show off of how great a nice concept can go.

It would definitely be nice to see these stripped back, over like I did with my concept to aid visualize letterheads/websites/t-shirs etc.

@unfledged yes somehwat agree.

Im not entirely sure though that copying the current flat trend is exactly "the" modern look, aren't these Microsoft ideals on the metro UI? If so should we resign to copying MS? These things come and go but none the less while it is always nice to see artwork fully dressed up, which gives the jovial look on I would agree that a more stripped back versions help visualizing other uses for these beyond the electronic world.

For one I would like to see these stripped back and even without backgrounds at all so we can wack them over a tshirt, mugs, websites without much effort.

I for one would also like to see some animation of these suggestions. Smile

Great work as usual these in any case are both fantastic seriously great entries.

Personally stil enclined or moving towards the LOGO and then txt under the logo or beside the logo (the logo being the O either TV or Play sign or anything making it a casual yest project identifiable visualizer.

I cant wait to see what else your OCD is going to crack out of these concepts, on my head I have a few ideas. Thank you again for running with my idea and thank you for taking the time.
@ unfledged & uNiversal: I think one logo can have multiple version, and I'm just showing one, but just ask and here it is Smile

and

Stick the aerial antennas on the first one, and i know what i'm volting for Smile (assuming those goes to a user vote Wink)

Superb work - a professional feeling logo, with a fun and accessible edge. You (and Universal, for the inspiration) are to be congratulated Smile
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4