• 63(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
full version...

Orginal file 3000x2000px - download
Full HD for testing on the TV - download

...and ios icon
Thanks everyone!
But I'm not done yet, I've got two more Smile

The first one is an "evolution" of the previous logo, don't know if this can be used, but it's interesting I think! It looks like an origami Big Grin

Origami:
If you close the origami a X appears Big Grin

And this... I don't really know what this is, maybe a fusion of all my logos! Big Grin
(2014-08-23, 21:51)samfisher Wrote: And this... I don't really know what this is, maybe a fusion of all my logos! Big Grin

I like really like this one Smile

You've a lot of very good ideas samfisher Smile
(2014-08-23, 21:51)samfisher Wrote: And this... I don't really know what this is, maybe a fusion of all my logos! Big Grin

i think this is the best one i've seen!!! love the flow, colors, and logo!
think this should definitely be in contention for a winner!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2014-08-23, 19:28)turbodonkey Wrote: Is this thread going anywhere? There's been tonnes of great ideas, but is it going to a vote? or is the thread just going to carry on without any kind of deadline??

I don't think anyone is sure at this point. A couple of possibilities. Maybe the we do some form of informal poll to help engage the community some more, since this over-all thread has shown the positive effect the discussion has had. Whatever happens, I think (or I would like to see) it go down like this: Foundation members compile both over-all logos they like, as well as specific elements of logos they like, and see if this doghouse media group has anything to add/refine (such as small versions, alternative versions, etc). Whatever the result, the XBMC Foundation should end up with one or a few possible logos (maybe using a community poll or two to help whittle things down for us) that can then be tentatively used while the trademark application is being done, with one assumed to be "the logo" if all goes well.

There's no hard deadline just yet, and there isn't a rush for one as there are still interesting ideas coming in, but we do have many great candidates for a new logo already.
Just throwing ideas out there..

It needs a lot of polish, but I thought I would offer a concept:

I'm pleased with the smaller logo, but the letters are a bit misshapen. I'm a programmer, not a designer, so I'm sure someone with more skill could easily clean it up.
It's really astonishing to me that every time I see a new page, I see another logo design idea that I like.
(2014-08-23, 22:24)locomot1f Wrote:

Agreed, this is the best logo here by far.
(2014-08-23, 17:01)rap777 Wrote: I like it....

Just the spelling of Entertainment needs to be fixed.......

Great Job

Thanks

Alfred

(2014-08-23, 16:39)Buzniak Wrote: Fist time trying anything like this from scratch, try not to laugh. Its gotta look plain and nub to you guys. here we go.

with a little more opacity on BG

OMG; Shameful, yes Alfred thanks for that, embarrassing :/ Will fix.
fits perfectly, greatWink
(2014-08-24, 11:35)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-08-23, 22:24)locomot1f Wrote:

Agreed, this is the best logo here by far.

What app would you use to start such a art piece?
Any decent graphics editor really, preferably one that does vector illustrations. It's the artist that makes or breaks it, not the tools used Smile

The gimp is a good free and open source editor.
I don't know. That one and some of the other similar ones look alright, but they look a little too Chrome/Windows/something too me. I'd go for something without the different colors and that can stand out by shape/single color alone.
Spelling error fixed

• 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4