• 69(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
All my images can be found here LINK And can be downloaded in full?
I'm not worthy to criticise any of the artwork here, as I'm dangerous with a crayon, so a heartfelt "wow" and "well done" to everyone.

However... it feels like folks are floundering in the dark. What does the 'Kodi' brand mean? Is it meant to be cuddly and friendly, or clinical and technical? Is it just a media player, or is there something else (e.g. the Retroplayer branch) that makes it more - and do the play/pause/etc. reflect that? If you had to list five adjectives to describe XBMC now, Kodi tomorrow or even Kodi long-term - what words would you use, and how do they find their way into the logo's 'values'?

I'll stop being so corporate now, feel free to ignore/yell at me Smile
This one gets my vote, amazing work samfisher.

(2014-08-30, 08:53)samfisher Wrote: Kodi: The missing piece of your entertainment system. Or something like that! Big Grin

Just wanted to try this font I've been working on using the golden ratio thing, to me it looks well balanced and appealing.
Long time XBMC fan, now a XBMC for Boxee fan.

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-08-30, 23:20)steviehaway Wrote: This one gets my vote, amazing work samfisher.

(2014-08-30, 08:53)samfisher Wrote: Kodi: The missing piece of your entertainment system. Or something like that! Big Grin

Just wanted to try this font I've been working on using the golden ratio thing, to me it looks well balanced and appealing.

I like the ideas, I do, but the !14 alpha Helix! text feels out of place in all presentations altogether, its not a splash screen design. having said that, I feel the kodi text/font and the entertainment center at the bottom with the bounding frame really have strong and simple presence, the puzzle bit, all though well rendered lacks something, seems somewhat out of balnce perhaps because the puzzle fit bits are way too small proportionally. But generally the idea is simple enough.

The other 4 entries are ok I like the one with the reel best as the wavy bit looks ike the film spooling out.
Thanks everyone! Smile

@uNiversal: Thanks for all your suggestions! I think the "14 Alpha Helix" text can be edited later, I just put it there to simulate the splash screen, as you say. Yeah we can make the puzzle fit bits a little bigger, but the K will be smaller. Or we can make the fit bits triangle shapes, or something.

Another one! Big Grin

Green:

Red:

Metal:

Simple:
(2014-08-31, 21:53)samfisher Wrote: Thanks everyone! Smile

@uNiversal: Thanks for all your suggestions! I think the "14 Alpha Helix" text can be edited later, I just put it there to simulate the splash screen, as you say. Yeah we can make the puzzle fit bits a little bigger, but the K will be smaller. Or we can make the fit bits triangle shapes, or something.

Another one! Big Grin

Green:

i like it!
(2014-08-31, 21:53)samfisher Wrote: Image
Make it blue, and I feel like im looking in the 'eye' of a dalek Smile

Green:

THIS! Looks awesome and unique. Great job samfisher.
(2014-08-05, 14:20)ximon Wrote: Image

Yeah! My fav so far! :thumbup:
Nice work.
Greetz Stealth
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
Sound : Logitech Z5500 over optical
Storage : Qnap 412 4x3TB Raid5
"offtopic"

He guys
Here are so many faboulus logo concepts, amazing how creative you are.
I have a littele thread in the german xbmcnerds forum to create a logo for my nickname
"StealthDefender". Link: http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...6&pageNo=2
If anybody have an idea or concept it would be nice to see some pics.
Something with an Hexxagon Style would be nice. ;-)
The logo is not for commercial use, only for Forum Avatars, Homepage banner and something like this.
Something like this would be in my mind http://www.google.at/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&e...8510322450
Also only with the letters SD and/or the full StealthDefender name with a hexxagon font.
Sorry for offtopic here but i see so nice artworks here and i am a noob on grafic design!
Greetz Stealth

"back to topic"
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
Sound : Logitech Z5500 over optical
Storage : Qnap 412 4x3TB Raid5

Another one! Big Grin

Green:

Red:

Metal:

Simple:

Yep, another one for the collection. I do like the balance of the logo/icon text placing/format on these last ones. and the i grew up a little bit, nice idea.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-08-14, 09:14)matthuisman Wrote: LOOK AT MY Image

so many awesome works :oneup:
this get my vote :rock:
@samfisher - the new green and red logos you've done (above) look fantastic. One thing though, could the monochrome icon be jazzed up a bit to represent the 3d icon a bit better.
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4