• 75(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
(2014-09-11, 13:50)samfisher Wrote: Thanks! Smile
@jjd-uk & pipe1801: Yeah it's possible but that would require a LOT of time, because making the same exact thing in 3d is very complex and probably it wouldn't look the same as the "image" version (who knows, maybe it could be better!). But I'll do that if it's really needed and the majority prefers the "old" style. Smile

Only asked in case it was easy for someone of your skills Smile

I believe for any shortlisted logo the author will be asked to resubmit using a standard set of templates to allow an easier and fairer comparison, although I don't believe anything is set in stone yet on how this is going to work out.
(2014-09-10, 14:07)samfisher Wrote: Thanks for all the comments!
@voochi: That's a matter of personal preferences, but yeah we should try different versions! You prefer flat and modern? Here it is. Smile

http://i.imgur.com/oFBJYc6.png

Specifically referring to the central logo - I think the basic concept of this is a winner. It works very well in monochrome and captures a lot of the 'button' theme/suggestions without the silliness of the KOK stuff earlier in the thread.

There is some scope for minor tweaks in the outer contours, position of the K etc. I would love to see some variations just to help hone in on the perfect shape, colours etc. Once you get the logo perfect I think the full KODI bit will follow naturally.
Can anyone throw something together with a sideways K? Because if you look at it, it almost looks like old rabbit ears (antenna) that would sit on top of a TV. I've browsed the thread and I don't remember seeing that.
If you look at samfishers posts you will see things like that. see http://forum.xbmc.org/search.php?action=...c4c3450b12

@samfisher

Yes it takes a very long tme to do 3D animations that have other effects just spinning like that is way too wooaa. My old eyes made me dizzy looking at it for 5 seconds.
And now for something completely different

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
hahaha, I like it :D
@Tinwarble: so cool! Laugh
@voochi: I will make a lot of variations if needed, so we can make it perfect.

Ok I made it. It was a lot easier than I expected Tongue
Ok Im dizzy

Its a "cool" and simple animation but something about the speed make me really queezy after 10 seconds.
@ned Scott, Thanks, I thought some people might get a kick out of "The Vitruvian Zappy". Wink

@samfisher, Thanks and I'd talk. Very nice animation, very cool. Big Grin
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@uNiversal: makes me dizzy too Rofl
I made it super fast because i wanted the gif to be small and smooth at the same time. It's 30fps & around 75 frames in total, for about just 500kb.
It's just an example of what can be done with this, but we can do much more, I made the 3d project in a way that it will be easy to deform and do other cool effects. Big Grin

It's a resource we can use for a lot of stuff. And speaking of resources, I'm making the whole font based on the logo, so we can use it if needed.
Here are some examples:

Image Image

Image Image
Hi there!

I'm pretty excited about the new name/image/brand for XBMC, and the stuff that's been posted here has been really impressive.

I had a little spare time this week, so I thought I'd knock up a quick logo. My style is very clean and geometric, as you can see...

But I really wanted something that worked as an icon or a metal case badge. So I compressed the letters...

...neatened them up...

...and took the negative space to make the icon...

...which might look like this when turned into a shiny metal badge for your snazzy HTPC.

If I had the time, I would animate the logo sliding together to create the icon (or vice versa) but, alas, I am chocka block at the moment!

Cheers,
Dan
My Favorite, so far <3
(2014-08-07, 12:42)Zeros Wrote: Image

(2014-09-12, 22:23)dt1000 Wrote: Hi there!

I'm pretty excited about the new name/image/brand for XBMC, and the stuff that's been posted here has been really impressive.

I had a little spare time this week, so I thought I'd knock up a quick logo. My style is very clean and geometric, as you can see...

If I had the time, I would animate the logo sliding together to create the icon (or vice versa) but, alas, I am chocka block at the moment!

Cheers,
Dan

Cheers, I like the simplicity.

What typeface (and weight/style) are you using?

If the font-family is differs between what you used to create the logo with the full name and the X-Menesque logo, please include both.

An idea occurred to me to animate the way you mentioned, and I want to see if it works.. Cleaning up the artifacts from the compression or whatever, and then using WhatTheFont, it looks like the primary font is Futura or Simplo, and for the subtext you went with Neue Haus. Would be better to have the exact fonts tho Smile
(2014-09-13, 04:44)wil.fortune Wrote: Cheers, I like the simplicity.

What typeface (and weight/style) are you using?

If the font-family is differs between what you used to create the logo with the full name and the X-Menesque logo, please include both.

An idea occurred to me to animate the way you mentioned, and I want to see if it works.. Cleaning up the artifacts from the compression or whatever, and then using WhatTheFont, it looks like the primary font is Futura or Simplo, and for the subtext you went with Neue Haus. Would be better to have the exact fonts tho Smile

Thanks, Wil.

The KODI is hand drawn to get the exact proportions I need. The other typeface is plain old Arial (I didn't have a lot of time, so I picked the first font on my list!)

I'd love to get an idea of how this would look animated... I can send you vectors on Monday if you like (I left the files on my PC at work!)
(2014-08-07, 12:42)Zeros Wrote: Image

This is brilliant. Understated, classy and minimalistic
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4