• 77(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
The favicons in different colours was a personal request from me in one of the discussion threads Smile I regularly have about 10 tabs open and thought it would be nice to have different colours for different subsections.

Not a requirement of any kind though.
(2014-08-25, 23:40)phoenix79 Wrote: Yet again WOW! I did not see it that way but that was Brilliant. Ok So the KOK animation works as a loading animation. Any chance that the O might be circling around inside the diamond before it stops and the rest of the word appears.

(2014-08-25, 03:44)tstaylor7 Wrote:
(2014-08-24, 22:21)phoenix79 Wrote: Ok now we're getting someplace. Excellent Job tstaylor7!!! Any chance that this can be animated akin to the KOK logo? What I would see is the lines moving around the logo and then before they completely stop one or two of the lines split and cause the D to appear. Any talented people out where wish to take up the challenge?
[...]
(2014-08-24, 05:42)tstaylor7 Wrote: [...]
[...]

(2014-08-17, 12:32)phoenix79 Wrote: Image
[...]

Thanks, and here's a quick animation:

The timing needs some tweaking, but it's not worth a bunch of time.
Here are some variations on a clean and simple presentation:

Before I say my piece, can I just say I love how the creativity is jumping through the roof in this thread!
Really fun to scroll through and see people's imaginations go wild.

Now...
(2014-09-07, 09:09)samfisher Wrote: Image

I must say... IMHO, as much as this logo looks great and is sleek and all - aren't we forgetting the things it's supposed to stand for?
I believe some people before me wrote that the logo should visually remind you of: the pause/play buttons, a TV, or source code. I agree with those opinions, I think it should represent some of its past. And all the while, indeed be graphically professional and good looking.

I think this logo concentrates on the "good looking" part... it doesn't convey any of the visual concepts I mentioned (maybe a bit of glowing TV screen?... not really).

Also, someone wrote that the logo doesn't have to SPELL Kodi - just like Audi, Mercedes etc. don't. TOTALLY AGREE!

Here are some other logos, that have visual concepts in them that I think we should keep, all the while looking good and professional.
Not sure which one is my favorite...

(2014-08-05, 18:39)mag.py Wrote: Image

(2014-08-04, 17:05)airpoint Wrote: Image

(2014-08-05, 16:00)Karnagious Wrote: Image

(2014-08-06, 15:14)ximon Wrote: Image

(2014-08-22, 16:00)samfisher Wrote: Image
NO, the logo doesn't have to contain any back reference or play/pause, code, TV-frame thingy. Only the name Kodi origined from mixing up ASCII versions of player symbols. I'd rather see a unique (but still somewhat suitable ofc) looking icon in our new logo than yet another circle with a play symbol like 1000 other apps have. This doesn't mean though that it couldn't be some circle with a play symbol - as long as it's visually unique enough. But that's the point - it has to look unique and ideally should not to be confused with similar logos/icons.
(2014-09-15, 22:02)da-anda Wrote: ideally should not to be confused with similar logos/icons.

Actually this is a MUST.
If it's anything similar you can not trademark it and it will be abused again.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-09-15, 22:28)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-09-15, 22:02)da-anda Wrote: ideally should not to be confused with similar logos/icons.

Actually this is a MUST.
If it's anything similar you can not trademark it and it will be abused again.
That ofc, but even a trademarkable logo could have simmilarities to another in one way or another, and ideally we should also avoid that by using unique shapes etc (which will always work to identify the "brand", regardless of colour and size, so shape/shiluette matter most IMO)
(2014-09-15, 15:05)Zampa Wrote: Here are some variations on a clean and simple presentation:

and three more variations of: spacing, subtitle, and one without a subtitle...

Zampa, any way you could post those without the background on just plain white or plain black backgrounds?
(2014-09-16, 02:49)natethomas Wrote: Zampa, any way you could post those without the background on just plain white or plain black backgrounds?

Absolutely.

Nice! Also, as this is a trademark we're attempting to register, it'd also be pretty cool to see a logo with the little round circled r.
(2014-09-16, 02:56)natethomas Wrote: Nice! Also, as this is a trademark we're attempting to register, it'd also be pretty cool to see a logo with the little round circled r.

Sure thing.

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-09-15, 21:18)EtgarDizz Wrote: Before I say my piece, can I just say I love how the creativity is jumping through the roof in this thread!
Really fun to scroll through and see people's imaginations go wild.

Now...
(2014-09-07, 09:09)samfisher Wrote: Image

I must say... IMHO, as much as this logo looks great and is sleek and all - aren't we forgetting the things it's supposed to stand for?
I believe some people before me wrote that the logo should visually remind you of: the pause/play buttons, a TV, or source code. I agree with those opinions, I think it should represent some of its past. And all the while, indeed be graphically professional and good looking.

I think this logo concentrates on the "good looking" part... it doesn't convey any of the visual concepts I mentioned (maybe a bit of glowing TV screen?... not really).

Also, someone wrote that the logo doesn't have to SPELL Kodi - just like Audi, Mercedes etc. don't. TOTALLY AGREE!

Here are some other logos, that have visual concepts in them that I think we should keep, all the while looking good and professional.
Not sure which one is my favorite...

(2014-08-05, 18:39)mag.py Wrote: Image

(2014-08-04, 17:05)airpoint Wrote: Image

(2014-08-05, 16:00)Karnagious Wrote: Image

(2014-08-06, 15:14)ximon Wrote: Image

(2014-08-22, 16:00)samfisher Wrote: Image

I am sorry too, but it's almost impossible to disagree with you much more.
In my opinion samfisher's designs are just looking good, perhaps you are defending your own designs with different usernames, but for me it's very clear the best designer of the kodi logo would be samfisher. I do also like the designs from ximon. The other designs you suggested are just too simplistic or just ugly, or still have the kok problem.

I think it's time to make a decision, I would suggest to choose a designer in stead of a design.
@jjd-uk & Kib: Thanks for the info!
@hstegeman: Thanks! But I prefer to work together with other people Smile also remember that making a logo could take months. Why? Because you have to consider that a logo will be used forever (or for a very long time), so even if a logo looks awesome, it could get "boring" after a month or so. So the better way is making a lot of concept and keep them there, watch them, and after a while consider "how you feel" about them. Something like that! Hope I did explain myself Big Grin

Just something ultra simple. No Photoshop Cool
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4