Library scraping by Episode Title?
I have a number of shows where I have no idea what the season and the episode number are, but the file name is the episode title, & the folder is the show title (eg cartoons)..

Can any one suggest a way to use the episode title as the key for the tv episode scraper, or as a way to use it to rename an episode file to include the season and episode no?
Take a look at this:

http://thetvdb.com/

search your TV show and compare the filenames (which are the episode name I suppose) and then rename those file matching to the seasons and episodes in this way:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Nam...le_episode

Greetings
Thanks for replying. I may have missed something, but all the stuff I found has suggested that XBMC cant do anything without the Episode number already in the file ( if 1 season) or Season number and Episode number( for multi season shows) . So for the scraper to work, I'd need the following structure.

---Showname
+-------------S1E1 EpisodeName.avi
+-------------S1E2 AnotherEpisodeName.avi
+-------------S1E3 YetAnotherEpisodeName.avi

Whereas my existing structure is :

---Showname
+-------------EpisodeName.avi
+-------------AnotherEpisodeName.avi
+-------------YetAnotherEpisodeName.avi

So I am looking for a smart parsing tool that will either take the combination of Showname & AnotherEpisodeName as the key, & return the best guess metadata from TheTVDB, or will provide a lookup to automatically rename AnotherEpisodeName.avi to S1E2 AnotherEpisodeName.avi, without having to do so manually.

Thanks again
(2014-08-05, 14:03)XBMCRichard Wrote: So I am looking for a smart parsing tool that will either take the combination of Showname & AnotherEpisodeName as the key, & return the best guess metadata from TheTVDB, or will provide a lookup to automatically rename AnotherEpisodeName.avi to S1E2 AnotherEpisodeName.avi, without having to do so manually.

Thanks again

Maybe I get you wrong, but what you are searching for is called "scraper" and under XBMC there are already scrapers, but they don´t work as you want them to. They worked like descripted above. So renaming those (old) files and do a proper naming in the future for new TV-shows, would be my first way. I have to rename parts of my library for myself, because I didn´t read the wiki carefully. But that´s my fault, and if I want to use XBMC in the way, the developers want it to, I have to play by their rules Wink. So I would recommend a proper naming before searching for other tools.

Maybe some external tools (non related to XBMC) will do that...maybe EMM could do. I don´t know for sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library scraping by Episode Title?0