Req Make delete easier
Delete used to be right-click>click>click to delete. With v13 you then made it even harder! It's now right-click>click> click>click to delete. I understand that you are trying to group similar items but you just made a really annoying process nearly unbearable. I curse everytime I have to make the extra click.

Could you please make it a 2-step process to right-click>click to delete. Please, please, please! Thank you.
Oh wait. Or is getting to 'delete' skin-specific?
Being able to delete things from XBMC is the last thing we want to make easier, but you can map it directly to a button or control if you choose to do so, even on a mouse. Not sure why you would want to use a mouse with XBMC, though.
My HTPC is directly connected to the TV. I use a Logitec controller that has a D-pad/touch controller that makes navigating XBMC faster. I still don't understand the aversion to deleting shows or movies you don't wish to watch anymore. It can be a setting, it doesn't have to be hard coded, that way everybody wins.
I mapped delete to a long press remote key... Making it easier to delete viewed shows
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Simply because XBMC doesn't always handle deletions safely, and sometimes people are confused if they are removing something from the library vs deleting a file. Plus, if you are deleting things that often then chances are you're better off using Add-on:XBMC File Cleaner (wiki) or mapping a button on your controller for direct delete.

I think the real hangup with this is the slippery slope of people wanting this or that moved to the top level of the context menu. Adding settings to move the controls isn't that easy and makes the code more complicated. A better alternative would be some universal method of customizing the context menu, maybe with add-on hooks, or maybe it skinnable somehow, rather than dealing with each individual request like this.
(2014-08-09, 00:20)Ned Scott Wrote: Simply because XBMC doesn't always handle deletions safely, and sometimes people are confused if they are removing something from the library vs deleting a file. Plus, if you are deleting things that often then chances are you're better off using Add-on:XBMC File Cleaner (wiki) or mapping a button on your controller for direct delete.

I think the real hangup with this is the slippery slope of people wanting this or that moved to the top level of the context menu. Adding settings to move the controls isn't that easy and makes the code more complicated. A better alternative would be some universal method of customizing the context menu, maybe with add-on hooks, or maybe it skinnable somehow, rather than dealing with each individual request like this.
Well-said. Thank you. I don't like it but I completely respect your reply and I understand the complexities associated. Thank you for the explanation.
Kids will try to press every option. I prefer to delete on the server. Then again I am a hoarder.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make delete easier0