• 5(current)
Release Fuse
Couldn't resist and made a little mockup of a even more "fanart-centered" version.
Feedback welcome...

I asked myself, do we realy need plot and poster ? Here just simple with enough info i think ... no need to cover the fanart image.
Jurial already posted something similar.

What do you think?

looks nice Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-08-16, 15:29)butchabay Wrote: I asked myself, do we realy need plot and poster ? Here just simple with enough info i think ... no need to cover the fanart image.

What do you think?

I agree about the plot.
But i`m an artwork freak. I d like to see the poster or logo or clearart etc
(2014-08-16, 15:29)butchabay Wrote: I asked myself, do we realy need plot and poster ? Here just simple with enough info i think ... no need to cover the fanart image.

What do you think?

You are right.. Ramash, it looks beautiful but its way to much all the pictures the texts and the options.. drives people crazy it needs to be simple and effective
its nice for a screensaver but not for a menu

i hope their will be a dark option because:
white drains energy
plasma TV's makes buzzing noise with white grrr
eyes hurt.. need darkness!

What do you think?

+1, fully agree butcha. please keep it clean, simple and straight forward instead of loading the screen with too much information!
I only made the previous mockup because I didn't want the fanart to be covered that much if users insist on having plot and stuff visible (like with your solid popup). Not having it at all is even better IMO, although I prefer posters instead of fanarts in general (better visual relation to the media via the poster/cover). But for a home screen fanart only is perfect. K.I.S.S.

edit: you know what? It might look great on some screens (not home menu) if you could "expand" the fanart by default and slide up on user interaction (like when users scroll down to see more, slim the fanart and show more content). Simmilar to what google is doing in it's apps (like the music player for example).
(2014-08-16, 16:34)futuro Wrote:

What do you think?

+1, fully agree butcha. please keep it clean, simple and straight forward instead of loading the screen with too much information!

I totally agree. This is the home screen and if you want more detail, just go in deeper.
This is what i love about your design, it keeps the home screen very clean: easy to read and crazy beautiful.
Like the perfect woman...
(2014-08-16, 17:32)carmenm Wrote: Like the perfect woman...
I didn't know that Fuse can serve beer as well Wink
I already said it but this skin is really beautiful. I can't wait!
I'm a fan of simplicity so I removed some of the decorations and leading text to see (just for fun) how an even more stripped back version would look...

Finished Movies and TV Shows Home Menu Smile

- 4 Custom Playlists for each section
- Added Ken Burns Zoom Animation for Fanart Images

Some Dark Combinations:

I honestly can't wait for this skin. I hope it doesn't end like do many others on these forums. I would be very very interested in test driving it as soon as the majority of the screens are present even if they're buggy or whatever
____
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fuse29