Import .NFO without Scraper
Is there any way to force XBMC to import video files and read the .nfo file if either:

1. The scraper is set to none.
2. The scraper is set to shows, but the episodes (which are plain vids and not real episodes) don't have a file name that begins with SxxExx.
3. The scraper is set to movies, but I don't want these particular movies listed with my "regular" movies.

Thanks for any help!
Put them in a separate source and set the scraper to 'local only'
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is that a Gotham only feature?
I'm using Frodo and couldn't find that option or addon anywhere.
Yes it is a Gotham thing. But that is the current version.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you... I'll look to upgrade.
For all versions of XBMC/Kodi, if you have an NFO file then XBMC will always use the NFO file, no matter what the scraper settings are.
(2014-08-10, 04:37)Ned Scott Wrote: For all versions of XBMC/Kodi, if you have an NFO file then XBMC will always use the NFO file, no matter what the scraper settings are.

Yes, I have always observed this behavior. I have yet to figure out a usage case for the "local info only" scraper option.

scott s.
I think there are some people who don't connect their xbmc to the internet and don't want long timeouts on files that don't have an nfo.
(2014-08-11, 06:05)scott967 Wrote:
(2014-08-10, 04:37)Ned Scott Wrote: For all versions of XBMC/Kodi, if you have an NFO file then XBMC will always use the NFO file, no matter what the scraper settings are.

Yes, I have always observed this behavior. I have yet to figure out a usage case for the "local info only" scraper option.

scott s.

To prevent a lookup in the case the NFO file hasn't been generated yet. Some people prefer to generate their own NFO files.
I've been struggling with the nfo files this weekend after upgrading to Gotham and I can tell you that "use local info' only doesn't really work great. When using that options I had a lot of difficulties with scraping of my TV shows eventhough all of them have the appropriate nfo files (I use Vimediamanager) . After selecting the scraper (thetvdatabase), it did work using the local nfo's.
(2014-08-11, 06:09)nickr Wrote: I think there are some people who don't connect their xbmc to the internet and don't want long timeouts on files that don't have an nfo.
You don't just get a timeout if you aren't connected to the internet, you get a message saying that it can't connect to the database and asking whether you want to continue scanning. You'd be sitting there all day telling it "yes" after each failed lookup. With the .nfo setting, it just goes through everything without requiring user input.
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

It seems Local Info doesn't really help me in this case because I still have to specify a source type, such as movies, tv shows, etc, and they would become part of the main library for that particular source type.
I was able to work around my particular issue by addressing #3 on my list and modifying "Movies" on the home screen to point to a smartlist which excludes everything in that path.
(2014-08-11, 06:36)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-08-11, 06:05)scott967 Wrote: Yes, I have always observed this behavior. I have yet to figure out a usage case for the "local info only" scraper option.

To prevent a lookup in the case the NFO file hasn't been generated yet. Some people prefer to generate their own NFO files.

OK I can see that. I have "ignorererrors" set on video scanning in advancedsettings so don't pay it much attention.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import .NFO without Scraper0