Raspberry Pi playback issue
I am using a model B version 1 Raspberry Pi. I am using a 2 AMP. rated power supply. I get the same effects when I overclock it or not. When I am playing standard definition videos it plays fine. When I play any high definition videos it is very jumpy and laggy. I thought it was an overheating issue so I added a heatsink to the processor but I am still getting playback issues.

I can steam the same videos to other rooms in my house just not to the Pi very well.

The videos are encoded as mpg2 and .MKV
If the Pi is 256MB, and you are getting the source files over the network, then it's not too surprising that HD shows problems on playback.
There is quite a long thread about using 256MB Pi on the stmlabs forum for raspbmc.
Derek
Debug Log will probably give a hint whats going on. I suspect you don't have a hardware decoding license for the codec in question. By default only h264 is accelerated.
How are you connecting? Ethernet out wireless?
I have the mpeg2 license. I will post the debug file once I get home. It is hardwired everything on my network is at least 1 gigabit.
(2014-08-10, 15:55)WakeUpWolfgang Wrote: I have the mpeg2 license. I will post the debug file once I get home. It is hardwired everything on my network is at least 1 gigabit.

Being a Gigabit network is irrelevant since the RaspPi is just 10/100.

Also, the MPEG2 license is irrelevant. If you were trying to play it back and were unlicensed, then it would just give you a blank screen.

I would be interested to know the bitrate of the files, especially since you say they are all HD. Even a Model B with 512MB cannot playback an SMB share over 30Mbps without stuttering. Blu-Rays often exceed this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi playback issue0