• 19(current)
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore
Does that mean that SPMC is only going to be a benefit to those that are rooted from now on?

When update to Kodi v14 from SPMC, do yo have to install XBMC Gotham first and move userdata to it, then update that?
(2014-12-29, 03:33)Tight_wad Wrote: Does that mean that SPMC is only going to be a benefit to those that are rooted from now on?

Koying can provide some insight here, but I suspect SPMC will always have features included in it before they go mainline in Kodi.

(2014-12-29, 03:33)Tight_wad Wrote: When update to Kodi v14 from SPMC, do yo have to install XBMC Gotham first and move userdata to it, then update that?

Yes and no: you don't need to install Gotham. You can just install Helix and copy the userdata across.
if you're scouting for SPMC features, can you please include this in the next update?

Support ATSC Closed Captions.
Any plans for SPMC to be based on Helix?
First of all just wanted to say a big thank you to Koying for making this version of xbmc, it works fantastic on my fire TV Smile

I just have one niggle though which may be in the regular version of kodi/xbmc as well. I watch a lot of live streams but if I accidentally push either left/right or up/down or ff/rw on the remote whilst it is playing the screen freezes forcing me to either reboot the box or go to the main menu and force close spmc. Anyone else experience similar?

Cheers
Thanks for your work.

Can you upload SPMC 13.4 to the amazon app store?

Maybe a resubmit / update may also fix https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/27

Happy new year,
Christian
Anyone else have issues with VOBSUB subtitles rendered in a light blue/cyan color? Running SPMC on AFTV.
Liking spmc, but would like to know if there is a way to disable sleep mode with it and firetv. My one room I have setup is a bit unorthodox. Using computer monitor with analog speakers connected via an optical to analog converter and when my fire tv sleeps, it cuts audio to the speakers which affects my sound on directv since speakers are using splitter to connect both devices to speakers. Is there a way to disable sleep mode?
(2014-12-31, 07:53)sirmedia Wrote: Anyone else have issues with VOBSUB subtitles rendered in a light blue/cyan color? Running SPMC on AFTV.

It seems this issue affects only Android and RasPi but it was fixed recently:
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15146

Could the fix be backported to SPMC please?
At the moment I'm happy with SPMC-13.4@firetv but videodecoding is only in Software possible. It's enough for 720p, but HardwareDecode would be better.

If I enable libstagefright so SPMC crashes on HD-Videos from LiveTV. If I enable libMediaCodec so AmazonPrimeVideo does not work after I played a videofile with SPMC. So only SoftwareDecode is working.

The crash also occures on my Samsung-Tablet with SPMC-13.4.

I tried Kodi 14 and on this Version libstagefright is working. CPU-Usage is very low on HD-Decode.

@Koying:
Could you test your next SPMC-Version together with libstagefright-decode of HD-LiveTV ?
I tried all SPMC-Versions 13.2.0 to 13.4. All have the same issue on that.

Thanks
Ryker
GREAT WORK!!!

I am new to SPMC. I have both rooted and unrooted ATV's.
1. When will there be a SPMC based on the 14.0 Kodi?
2. What are the benefits from using SPMC on a rooted device compared to an unrooted device?

Thank you
(2015-01-09, 15:47)henningdalgaard Wrote: GREAT WORK!!!

2. What are the benefits from using SPMC on a rooted device compared to an unrooted device?

Thank you

1. There's already a SPMC Kodi Helix beta out and it works great.
2. Nothing, always best to root your device if you are an advanced user and need apps that write to system partition.
(2015-01-09, 17:25)mo123 Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 15:47)henningdalgaard Wrote: GREAT WORK!!!

Thank you

1. There's already a SPMC Kodi Helix beta out and it works great.
2. Nothing, always best to root your device if you are an advanced user and need apps that write to system partition.

Where can I find the helix beta?
Found it:
http://www.semperpax.be/owncloud/public....e65bec3c3d
What is the benefit of SPMC over regular Kodi?
Does PseudoTV Live works on your SPMC?
I've installed it and it starts but the EPG menu only appears the first time, after that it behaves like a normal video and pressing select on the remote triggers the standard OSD menu.
Also it doesn't quit.
When I exit the cpu load is still 100% and if I try to run it again it says PseudoTV live already running.

Anyone has it working on the fireTV with SPMC?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore5