• 3(current)
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore
(2014-08-10, 19:43)Koying Wrote: Mmm... No idea why, nor anywhere do I see in some doc what the requirements might be...

Just a guess, but maybe it's because it has Launcher intent. The FTV is hard-coded to not allow other launchers, and they don't have any in the FTV approved store.

Of course, you can change the launcher when you're rooted.
Thanks for the try Koying... not working for me, either.

I've spent a couple of weeks off and on trying to get XBMC to work perfectly with my FTV. It's pretty depressing.

I "purchased" the app with the One-Click, managed to find it on my "Your Apps and Devices" page on Amazon, but no luck installing. Says it's not compatible.
(2014-08-13, 02:13)tRidiot Wrote: Thanks for the try Koying... not working for me, either.

I've spent a couple of weeks off and on trying to get XBMC to work perfectly with my FTV. It's pretty depressing.

I "purchased" the app with the One-Click, managed to find it on my "Your Apps and Devices" page on Amazon, but no luck installing. Says it's not compatible.

As noted above in this thread, SPMC hasn't been approved for the FTV by Amazon. The FTV store will only show apps approved for the FTV.
However, you could still sideload the APK.
I haven't had problems with XBMC or SPMC on my FTV.
I finally got my DTS and such working tonight through XBMC. I have some issues with the organization and all I need to work out, but I am finally happy(ish) that I can get surround sound from my PC through my FTV. It's been a pain, but I finally got it. Trying to coordinate settings between the PC, FTV, XBMC, Denon receiver and television have had me crosseyed. But I have it working fairly well now.

Oh, and thanks, elmerohueso, I wasn't aware the apk was available, so I went back and looked. Downloaded and will work on it tomorrow, trying it out. Big Grin
(2014-08-13, 06:00)tRidiot Wrote: I finally got my DTS and such working tonight through XBMC.
On XBMC or in SPMC? I had tried XBMC briefly and was under the impression 5.1 sound just wasn't working on it. 5.1 works in SPMC for the most part hassle free. If working in XBMC may I ask what settings you are using?
Any update yet on app store availability for fire TV?
(2014-08-14, 02:00)buckslayr Wrote: Any update yet on app store availability for fire TV?

When there is an update it will be posted no need to ask.

On another note FireTV is on sale for $15 off. Don't forget you can also price match best buy against amazon.com (in store).
Anyone successfully install SPMC from the Amazon Fire App store today on their Fire TV? I had it installed yesterday and it was working for me, but I accidentally uninstalled it when I was trying to uninstall a different version of SPMC. I tried repurchasing the app but can't get it back on the Fire TV. Any ideas?
There's no way to get it through amazon app store until they make it available for the Firetv.

Maybe everyone should add it to their wish list and mark it "high priority" Might help, couldn't hurt.
(2014-08-14, 18:15)mulliganman Wrote: Anyone successfully install SPMC from the Amazon Fire App store today on their Fire TV? I had it installed yesterday and it was working for me, but I accidentally uninstalled it when I was trying to uninstall a different version of SPMC. I tried repurchasing the app but can't get it back on the Fire TV. Any ideas?

I think you must of been the only one that was able to install in from the Amazon App store....
(2014-08-14, 19:05)HenryFord33 Wrote:
(2014-08-14, 18:15)mulliganman Wrote: Anyone successfully install SPMC from the Amazon Fire App store today on their Fire TV? I had it installed yesterday and it was working for me, but I accidentally uninstalled it when I was trying to uninstall a different version of SPMC. I tried repurchasing the app but can't get it back on the Fire TV. Any ideas?

I think you must of been the only one that was able to install in from the Amazon App store....

I know it's easy to claim something on an Internet forum, but it did happen. I'm pissed I accidentally uninstalled it. I spent time with amazon trying to get it back but no luck
(2014-08-13, 15:48)alarial Wrote:
(2014-08-13, 06:00)tRidiot Wrote: I finally got my DTS and such working tonight through XBMC.
On XBMC or in SPMC? I had tried XBMC briefly and was under the impression 5.1 sound just wasn't working on it. 5.1 works in SPMC for the most part hassle free. If working in XBMC may I ask what settings you are using?

This is weird. Are you using a fire tv? The only thing I had to do for audio was enable passthrough and change the other setting to "best match". Now, dts, ac3 and all works well with proper surround.
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
(2014-08-15, 14:50)ars92 Wrote:
(2014-08-13, 15:48)alarial Wrote:

This is weird. Are you using a fire tv? The only thing I had to do for audio was enable passthrough and change the other setting to "best match". Now, dts, ac3 and all works well with proper surround.
I played around with it after reading this thread I think my mistake was setting number of channels to 5.1 instead of just leaving it 2.0 and enabling pass through. Now it works.
Veeery opaque process at amazon.

Their response:
Quote:Hello,

Thank you for writing in and sorry for the delay. We consider a variety of factors as we evaluate each app for Kindle TV, including the quality of experience the app offers and compatibility with the device. While our goal is to offer a broad and compelling assortment to Kindle TV customers, not all apps available through Amazon Apps are currently available on Kindle TV.

Best regards,

to which I responded:

Quote:Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I understand you are "considering a variety of factors as we evaluate each app for Kindle TV", but if you don't specify which factors, I don't see how I can improve the app as to qualify for the Kindle Fire TV.
Could you specifically point the improvements I should implement as to qualify, please.

Note that a fair number of users already have sideloaded SPMC to their satisfaction.
They are now waiting to be able to use the Amazon Appstore to have the best user experience.

The really silly thing is that some, who have installed the Google Play store, are able to install the app this way.
I'm afraid your generic response will disappoint them a lot and might make them question the value of the Amazon Appstore.

Best Regards
haha Rofl
textbook robot response
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore5