• 1(current)
Release [Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)
Star 

until now, there wasn't a way to decompile any texture files (.xbt) without the notepad ++ plugin.
based on this, there was also a graphical user interface missing for texturepacker, so i came to the decision to code the "Kodi - Texture Tool" that will support both features included with a GUI.

the tool is based on tiben20's command line extractor and Texturepacker, that only support cli.
If you're using Version 2.5.4 and above you will get further updates automatically by starting the tool.
Dev Mode is now available by using Shift+alt+d.

For more Informations check the Kodi Wiki Article here!

It's actually pretty simple to use it:

How to decompile:

1. Select Source File.
2. Select Destination Dir
3. Press Start
4. Wait until done.

How to compile:

1. Select source
2. Select Destination
3. Press Start
4. Wait until done

Github

Example Usage:

Quote:Changelog:

Version 2.9.2

- new texturepacker
- lz0 removed since not available anymore
- changed domain for updates

Version 2.9.1

- added new Texturepacker
- disable lz0 since deprecated
- disable force update

Version 2.9.0

- changed behavior to unpack
- downgrade to texturepacker 1.1.0 (0kb bug fixxed)
- removed patching vcredist 
- changed progressbar check
- removed update force
- updatedcheck with info hint for new updates
- small fixes / label changes
Version 2.8.0 (MD5: 28bfc6983e1f17a84fb9898bfa56f363)
- fixxed small display issue
- removed some stuff

Version 2.7.3

- fixxed updater bug

Version 2.7.2

- checking vcredist via 2 system dlls.
- added about window stuff

Version 2.7.1

- complete new update function including progressbar
- vcredist check in log
- extended loglevel
- Traytip string changes

Version 2.7.0

- fixxed running command for texturepacker
- included log function at tool directory
- submit log function to thread

Version 2.6.5

- TexturePacker 1.1.1 (available since yesterday on file host)
- new check for decompile/compile status
- Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 hint at first start

[old release changelogs deleted, we dont need to waste so much space here Smile ]
Works perfectly for me, thanks! I was using the Notepad++ extractor but I found it a little temperamental on occasion.
thanks for your feedback ! Next step i will include the texturepacker mode, so that there is one tool with both functions
you know that nearly every single skin out there can be found unpacked? Smile
except some commercial ones i guess but we don't host/provide those.

still nice to see a tool out there just in case
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
sure i know that Wink but in my case there were backgrounds in the textures.xbt media subfolder and i wanted to change them with personal one.
the feature was not given in the skin yet so i had to do this manually by extracting the .xbt file and compile it new

// edit

released v.1.2
hi. tested ur app & my designated folder popped up at the end of the process, but nothing extracted. any ideas?
seems to be an issue with the file then, can you upload me the file somewhere that i can give it a try in debug mode?
(2014-08-12, 10:58)e0xify Wrote: seems to be an issue with the file then, can you upload me the file somewhere that i can give it a try in debug mode?

dont kno how to upload on forum here. i tested 3 random xbt files, but no extraction. i used random xbt files from MQ5 media case tread to test out ur app.
took the textures.xbt of the latest Aeon MQ5 version and no problems with extracting.

Maybe there is an issue with the Source or Destination, CLI might have problems with source/destination

copy textures.xbt to desktop as source and create a new destination folder and give this a try please.

anyone else with those issues, yet?
(2014-08-12, 16:06)e0xify Wrote: took the textures.xbt of the latest Aeon MQ5 version and no problems with extracting.

Maybe there is an issue with the Source or Destination, CLI might have problems with source/destination

copy textures.xbt to desktop as source and create a new destination folder and give this a try please.

tried what u suggested, but still no extraction. this should be an easy& simple process tho. but it doesn't work for me.
Great tool, but unfortunately it only partially worked for me. Had to use the command line to create a fully working .xbt file.
just had to say thank you works a treat win8.1 64b
(2014-08-13, 09:05)alexp4re Wrote:
(2014-08-12, 16:06)e0xify Wrote: took the textures.xbt of the latest Aeon MQ5 version and no problems with extracting.

tried what u suggested, but still no extraction. this should be an easy& simple process tho. but it doesn't work for me.

Are you using x64 or x86 Windows? Not able to test it on 32bit systems right now, but it seems that this might be the problem here
great stuff Wink
released v 1.4

It seems that the CLI of Texturepacker isn't supporting any spaces in directory or folders like "new folder" so i coded a query for crosschecking the selected folder.
Maybe thats why some of you are getting those issues. Still not sure, need more feedback Smile
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)2