• 14(current)
Release [Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)
(2016-08-29, 21:12)DolGuldur Wrote: Hi supp, great tool by the way, but Can the decompiler affect the quality of png files, because I unpacked the texture.xbt file that comes with the newly released aeon mq7 skin and then repacked it after adding some images without editing or deleting anything, and I noticed that the vollume progress bar doesn't fill all the way in like it was with the original xbt file, I even repeated the process twice, once with the option dupcheck on and once off, during both decompiling and recompiling, so what are your thoughts on this
The file that is affected is progress_mid.png
I tried this on the root of my hard disc, just to overcome any problems related to folder names, and there is no any spaces or capital letters in the folder names

Thanks. Good Point, but i have to tell you that i'm not the coder of the decompile process so i cant help you with that i guess. Kodi Texture Tool is only providing a graphical user interface for texture packer and the extraction tool developed by tiben20.
Maybe he can help you with that issue.

check here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=179551
Hello All , I'm sorry my English is not the best. I'm having the same problem mentioned by DolGuldur earlier. I'm trying to decompile one Texture.xbt file of skin Aeonmq7 and end of the process I get several .png files with corrupted quality. I think perhaps the plugin can not decompile this specific file , for some reason perhaps Mark Qui ( developer Skin) can enlighten us .
Hello

I have the same problem that vb_guy2
The folowing popup message error appear

"Line 12467 (File "C:\Users\Util\Desktop\Kodi.Texture.exe"):
Error: Variable used without being declared."

And app close.

My working pc (Windows 10 x64) is not connected to the internet. I have tested in others machines (win10 x64) with internet connection and error disappeared.
Disconnect internet, and error return.

It's possible to implement a routine in the software to allow use with no internet connection.

Tanks in advice.

Sorry my bad english.Big Grin
(2016-09-08, 01:28)gscosta Wrote: Hello

I have the same problem that vb_guy2
The folowing popup message error appear

"Line 12467 (File "C:\Users\Util\Desktop\Kodi.Texture.exe"):
Error: Variable used without being declared."

And app close.

My working pc (Windows 10 x64) is not connected to the internet. I have tested in others machines (win10 x64) with internet connection and error disappeared.
Disconnect internet, and error return.

It's possible to implement a routine in the software to allow use with no internet connection.

Tanks in advice.

Sorry my bad english.Big Grin

yea the tool crashed when the updatehost was not reachable. another bug in the update function.
i fixxed it.

2.7.3 released.
I am able to decompile without any issues and when I recompile it says it's complete but the new xbt file hasn't been created.[/quote]

Log file text:
10:41:42: Systemfiles patched for VCREDIST!
10:42:39: Compile Mode started.
10:43:58: Directory is fine.
10:43:58: Path to directory: C:\textures
10:44:13: Directory is fine.
10:44:13: Path to output file: C:\recompiled\Textures.xbt
10:44:56: Running command:TexturePacker -dupecheck -input C:\textures -output C:\recompiled\Textures.xbt
10:44:56: TexturePacker.exe running.
10:45:03: TexturePacker.exe closed.
the new texturetool 2.73 don,t compile: anymore i run texturetool on linux using wine one some reason compile don,t work anymore running please wait and nothing happen decompile works ok do i miss something other script ?
Same issue can't compile my log looks just like ausfarmlad but the xbt is empty
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2016-09-13, 03:30)ausfarmlad Wrote: I am able to decompile without any issues and when I recompile it says it's complete but the new xbt file hasn't been created.

Log file text:
10:41:42: Systemfiles patched for VCREDIST!
10:42:39: Compile Mode started.
10:43:58: Directory is fine.
10:43:58: Path to directory: C:\textures
10:44:13: Directory is fine.
10:44:13: Path to output file: C:\recompiled\Textures.xbt
10:44:56: Running command:TexturePacker -dupecheck -input C:\textures -output C:\recompiled\Textures.xbt
10:44:56: TexturePacker.exe running.
10:45:03: TexturePacker.exe closed.
[/quote]

are you using the latest version of the tool?
Texturepacker is running for 7 seconds so there is something happening in the background for sure.
the textures.xbt file should be in the directory at least with 0 bytes.
maybe try restarting the tool after patching system files.

did the same here with dupecheck enabled to reproduce the issue, everything works fine.
I am getting the texture.xbt with 0bytes. So does that mean I am doing something wrong
Can you provide me your logs please?Smile
Sure will do when I get home but they are identical to the one above.
Will be busy the rest of the week I will try to get the log up next week
There won't be any further releases til' a new version texturepacker is available or the functionality is not given anymore.
Not sure if i will release a version even then.
The Texture Tool was just a hobby development for me and I'm going to be a father again so there isn't that much time.

Thanks for any feedback and help to make the Texture Tool like it is today.
Development closed.

continued.
Same issue was working for a few days then just started giving 0 byte files has anyone managed to figure it out since dev has closed for now.
Some where along the way I guess I got the right version and it has worked for me .... I am not sure off the top of me head which it is... Nor have I changed it
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)2