• 15(current)
Release [Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)
Have tried for days to get this working and still get 0 kb for compilations although decomp is working fine I even tried compiling folders that I previously compiled with same results makes no sense actually one day it just stopped working. Has anyone ever figured out the issue with the 0 kb bug? Frustrating as this makes the job so much easier than having to command line everything this is an awesome tool when it works and cannot find any earlier versions to try them.
I just reinstalled windows 10 and now my texture tool wont work. when I try to decompile the xbt file all it does is says please wait and opens the folder I created named texture. nothing else happens. I'm confused.
threads merged
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I've tested the v.2.7.3 at windows 10/7 32/64 bit Systems. 4 times. Everythings running fine here.
anyway, please try to attach the logs when you need support.

Be sure vcredist is installed, since there were many that are having this issue cause its missing.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download...x?id=48145

for those having the (like you call it) '0 kb bug'.

You can debug it by yourself:

1. Run Texture Tool and do all steps til' the file gets not created (0 kb)
2. open the TextureTool.log file and look for "running command:" (for example: Running command:TexturePacker -input C:\Users\me\Downloads\test -output C:\Users\me\Downloads\test\Textures.xbt)
3. copy the red marked command
4. open your %temp% directory. (C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\")
5. shift+ rightclick at some free space and click on "open commandline here"
6. paste the command and press enter

Texture Tool is running now manually. If there are any errors you will see them there, maybe you could also post the error for me that i can debug the issue.
Many thanks
unfortunately texturepacker is not supporting any spaces in directory name
It will unpack my files but won't pack them again
Hello guys, i was broking my head trying to decompile Textures.xbt, and i found a solution, you have to download this https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download...x?id=26999
Install both, x86 and x64.

Hope it helps.
i have extracted the texture.xbt file and added some .png file to be shown as mpaa log file. But the file is not getting added to the texture.xbt file. Is there any restriction for the .xbt file and i have created the file in Adobe Photoshop and saved as .png file. The command line does not include the added .png file.Appreciate any help.
Hi im getting this too

unfortunately texturepacker is not supporting any spaces in directory name
It will unpack my files but won't pack them again
Unfortunately texturepacker is not supporting any spaces in directory name

Just a heads up

I sorted this by moving my whole extracted file to a separate partition on my hard drive and it worked

Maybe move it to a usb stick or external hard drive if u havent got a partion on your harddrive

But this worked for me
any help here plz?...i installed windows 10 in virtual box in my imac
but i cant make kodi texture tool to work!im getting empty folder on extraction of the xbt file here is the log too
Quote:******************Program start*****************
Current Time: 2017.11.11-20:42:07
Running Version: 2.7.3
RegRead: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\VC\VCRedist\x86:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp140.dll: 1
C:\Windows\system32\msvcp140.dll: 1
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\VCRUNTIME140.dll: 1
C:\Windows\system32\VCRUNTIME140.dll: 1
20:42:07: TexturePacker Version: 1.1.1.0
20:42:07: Update function started.
20:42:08: No update found!
20:42:19: Decompile Mode started.
20:42:28: Path to .xbt File: C:\Users\bugatsinho\Desktop\XONFLUNCE\Textures.xbt
20:42:29: Path to output directory:C:\Users\bugatsinho\Desktop\XONFLUNCE\defaults
20:42:39: Running command:base.exe "C:\Users\bugatsinho\Desktop\XONFLUNCE\Textures.xbt" "C:\Users\bugatsinho\Desktop\XONFLUNCE\defaults
20:42:39: base.exe running.
20:42:39: base.exe closed.
20:42:39: Opening outputdirectory.

thank you
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio (vcredist.exe) installed?
Version 2.8.0 (MD5: 28bfc6983e1f17a84fb9898bfa56f363)

- fixxed small display issue
- removed some stuff
Ok so the latest release of the texture tool contains alot of malware and a virus don't know if it's been reported yet or you guys know about it but could you take a look please. Thanks
(2017-11-12, 03:40)bugatsinho Wrote: any help here plz?...i installed windows 10 in virtual box in my imac
but i cant make kodi texture tool to work!im getting empty folder on extraction of the xbt file here is the log too
Quote:******************Program start*****************
Current Time: 2017.11.11-20:42:07
Running Version: 2.7.3
RegRead: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\VC\VCRedist\x86:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp140.dll: 1
C:\Windows\system32\msvcp140.dll: 1
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\VCRUNTIME140.dll: 1
C:\Windows\system32\VCRUNTIME140.dll: 1
20:42:07: TexturePacker Version: 1.1.1.0
20:42:07: Update function started.
20:42:08: No update found!
20:42:19: Decompile Mode started.
20:42:28: Path to .xbt File: C:\Users\bugatsinho\Desktop\XONFLUNCE\Textures.xbt
20:42:29: Path to output directory:C:\Users\bugatsinho\Desktop\XONFLUNCE\defaults
20:42:39: Running command:base.exe "C:\Users\bugatsinho\Desktop\XONFLUNCE\Textures.xbt" "C:\Users\bugatsinho\Desktop\XONFLUNCE\defaults
20:42:39: base.exe running.
20:42:39: base.exe closed.
20:42:39: Opening outputdirectory.

thank you 
 Just to notify that I have exactly the same issue (and log). Using version 2.8.0 on a Windows 10 64 platform. The requestes vcredist is installed too.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
I extracted the media icons coloured textures xbt file which is around 75mb.

I changed the colour of one image and recompiled but the file size is much larger 94mb?

Extracted both original and new textures and checked folder size is the same.

What could be causing the extra space.

Anybody else experienced this?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)2