• 94(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2015-08-06, 16:03)tedbaker Wrote:
(2015-08-06, 15:51)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-08-04, 15:16)grey Wrote: hi, enen92!

any news on your new project?

Yes and unfortunately not the best ones. I don't have a lot of development hardware, this means I only use linux. It happens the modules I was using for plexus do not work on windows and this means that for plexus to happen that part needs to be totally re-written using other modules.

However, my primary system is now a raspberry pi 2, so I'm trying (along with some other friends) to be able to emulate (or run) the acestreamengine natively on the raspberry pi. If we are successfull, the proxy/server stuff won't have the importance it has now. Let's see if we can have something working Smile
Wish us luck

Good Luck Enen. I have open elec running on a mx2 box. If you need me to test anything during this process I would be more than happy to help you anytime.

If I manage to run it on the pi I'll later try to have it working on other linux platforms/distros. Openelec in linux arm7 boxes will be one of them (official images, unofficial ports like the one you're running might work as well but only with testing done). Don't count with loads of multiple distro support for distros that have little or no expression in kodi's ecosystem though.
But keep your expectations low, no promises of a working package (even for the pi) Blush
(2015-08-06, 16:17)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-08-06, 16:03)tedbaker Wrote:
(2015-08-06, 15:51)enen92 Wrote: Yes and unfortunately not the best ones. I don't have a lot of development hardware, this means I only use linux. It happens the modules I was using for plexus do not work on windows and this means that for plexus to happen that part needs to be totally re-written using other modules.

However, my primary system is now a raspberry pi 2, so I'm trying (along with some other friends) to be able to emulate (or run) the acestreamengine natively on the raspberry pi. If we are successfull, the proxy/server stuff won't have the importance it has now. Let's see if we can have something working Smile
Wish us luck

Good Luck Enen. I have open elec running on a mx2 box. If you need me to test anything during this process I would be more than happy to help you anytime.

If I manage to run it on the pi I'll later try to have it working on other linux platforms/distros. Openelec in linux arm7 boxes will be one of them (official images, unofficial ports like the one you're running might work as well but only with testing done). Don't count with loads of multiple distro support for distros that have little or no expression in kodi's ecosystem though.
But keep your expectations low, no promises of a working package (even for the pi) Blush

Is the engine open source now or how are you going to make it natively in the PI2? Wish you all the good luck.
(2015-08-07, 10:12)honorem Wrote: Is the engine open source now or how are you going to make it natively in the PI2? Wish you all the good luck.

It is still closed source and with no version for linux arm. But there is probably a way.
I was already able to run it on the pi but some errors still persist.
(2015-08-07, 16:24)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-08-07, 10:12)honorem Wrote: Is the engine open source now or how are you going to make it natively in the PI2? Wish you all the good luck.

It is still closed source and with no version for linux arm. But there is probably a way.
I was already able to run it on the pi but some errors still persist.

Okey, cool! Too bad they aren't developing it for more platforms. Wish you all the luck..
Hi enen92

Thank you for all your hard work on this very excellent Kodi App certainly my favourite. I am very much looking forward to been able to use its next incarnation and thank you again for the work you are putting into it. I am also very excited to read you are working on using the Acestream engine natively on a Raspberry Pi2 I understand the difficulties you face in achieving this goal but cannot express how grateful RPi2/Kodi users will be if you can make this happen, truly brilliant!

I came across this http://raspex.exton.se/?p=43 the other day another very interesting RPI2 development

Thanks again for all your brilliant hard work
(2015-08-08, 00:38)woogie74 Wrote: Hi enen92

Thank you for all your hard work on this very excellent Kodi App certainly my favourite. I am very much looking forward to been able to use its next incarnation and thank you again for the work you are putting into it. I am also very excited to read you are working on using the Acestream engine natively on a Raspberry Pi2 I understand the difficulties you face in achieving this goal but cannot express how grateful RPi2/Kodi users will be if you can make this happen, truly brilliant!

I came across this http://raspex.exton.se/?p=43 the other day another very interesting RPI2 development

Thanks again for all your brilliant hard work

Funny I've come accross that site moments ago Smile
I'm doing something similar however "without android". Android on the pi doesn't have hardware acceleration, plus this distro is paid and uses a patched kernel. My goal is to be able to run it on a decent linux distribution based on raspbian (or openelec).
(2015-04-04, 17:07)Bornnslippy Wrote: Can anyone tell me how to limit my upload as im uploading more than downloading which is causing me to be traffic managed by my internet company which is causing it to buffer freeze and stop

Ive limited the upload speed in the advanced settings of P2P but seems to have no affect

I just checked my speeds and im downloading at 300 - 400k and uploading 1400k

Anyway of reducing the upload as its killing my traffic management

Thxs

I'm fighting the same issue. It seems to me that when the max upload speed is reached it causes the player (kodi) to freeze. Any one found a solution to this problem?
Ths in advance,
My problem is opposite. I want upload more! My internet plan is 50/25 Mbps, and i never up more than 300 kbps/average.
(2015-08-08, 19:47)Amish Wrote:
(2015-04-04, 17:07)Bornnslippy Wrote: Can anyone tell me how to limit my upload as im uploading more than downloading which is causing me to be traffic managed by my internet company which is causing it to buffer freeze and stop

Ive limited the upload speed in the advanced settings of P2P but seems to have no affect

Thxs

I'm fighting the same issue. It seems to me that when the max upload speed is reached it causes the player (kodi) to freeze. Any one found a solution to this problem?
Ths in advance,

What OS are you running? have you tried changing the limits it in the application folder instead of in kodi?

(2015-08-09, 04:52)Amoghasiddhi Wrote: My problem is opposite. I want upload more! My internet plan is 50/25 Mbps, and i never up more than 300 kbps/average.

Have you forwarded the right ports? If you have, your ISP might be throttling your upload, in that case try a VPN with forwarding included.
(2015-08-09, 16:03)honorem Wrote:
(2015-08-08, 19:47)Amish Wrote:

Thxs

Ths in advance,

What OS are you running? have you tried changing the limits it in the application folder instead of in kodi?

(2015-08-09, 04:52)Amoghasiddhi Wrote: My problem is opposite. I want upload more! My internet plan is 50/25 Mbps, and i never up more than 300 kbps/average.

Have you forwarded the right ports? If you have, your ISP might be throttling your upload, in that case try a VPN with forwarding included.

Greetings,
The OS is android, the most strange thing is that it only happens from time to time and when watching a certain stream.
I did not forward any ports as I'm using 3 or 4 diferente clients (tablet, phone, TV box) but it works with all clients and most stream.
Could it be stream related?
I have a generic Android TV box and P2P Streams in Kodi works well, but I want to set things up how I use the app where Acestreams would play in the external app rather than inside Kodi.

Can anyone tell me how to open all Acestreams in the external player and not in Kodi. I have already chosen that option in the p2p streams configure page but streams always open within Kodi.

Ofcourse the Acestream app is installed correctly.

This used to work fine before I had to factory reset the Android box and reinstall everything.

Any help welcome.

Thanks.
Okay guys, I have exciting news for you!

After literally DAYS trying to make acestream to run on the raspberry pi (raspberry pi 2 with raspbian) I was finally successfull running it. It was a huge ammount of work and, also, a huge hack to get it working. It was however fun as always and it served to learn some new stuff Smile

The engine that is running on the pi is the android version of acestreamengine, without any modifications in the core module. This means, it's the last version (3.0.6) that is running there, no reverted code at all. Hopefully, acestreamengine developers won't have any reason to just break it again.

I also want to thank several people for the huge ammount of help provided. Namely:

-Diogo Santos (main pipplware raspberry pi distribution developer)
-krnlyng (one of the main developers of apkenv)
-aaa801 (razdroid project)

First impressions:
-It runs really well and the performance is great. Better han any android box crap.

A few notes:
-It won't probably work on the raspberry pi 1 (haven't tested it however the pi1 is arm6 and the rp2 is arm7)
-Haven't tried to run it on openelec yet, not sure if it will work

Screenshots:

Screenshots of kodi on the tv running p2p-streams with a LEGAL acestream and the acestreamengine plus netstat running on the pi (vnc). Netstat is running to prove you the acestreamengine is actually running on the raspberry pi 2 and not on a remote machine (port 62062, 8621 and 6878 listening).

cheers
(2015-08-10, 21:22)enen92 Wrote: Okay guys, I have exciting news for you!

After literally [NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]DAYS[/B] trying to make acestream to run on the raspberry pi (raspberry pi 2 with raspbian) I was finally successfull running it. It was a huge ammount of work and, also, a huge hack to get it working. It was however fun as always and it served to learn some new stuff Smile

The engine that is running on the pi is the android version of acestreamengine, without any modifications in the core module. This means, it's the last version (3.0.6) that is running there, no reverted code at all. Hopefully, acestreamengine developers won't have any reason to just break it again.

I also want to thank several people for the huge ammount of help provided. Namely:

-Diogo Santos (main pipplware raspberry pi distribution developer)
-krnlyng (one of the main developers of apkenv)
-aaa801 (razdroid project)

First impressions:
-It runs really well and the performance is great. Better han any android box crap.

A few notes:
-It won't probably work on the raspberry pi 1 (haven't tested it however the pi1 is arm6 and the rp2 is arm7)
-Haven't tried to run it on openelec yet, not sure if it will work

Screenshots:

Screenshots of kodi on the tv running p2p-streams with a [NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]LEGAL[/B] acestream and the acestreamengine plus netstat running on the pi (vnc). Netstat is running to prove you the acestreamengine is actually running on the raspberry pi 2 and not on a remote machine (port 62062, 8621 and 6878 listening).

cheers
Great news enen92 I've been following your posts for a while!
Your doing Great work and I only wish I knew how to do it and would help you.
If you need any testing doing let me know I have a Pi2 with openelec 5.0.8
I don't want to push you on a ETA Smile
If you need a pi1 tester , great enen, here I am Wink
I doubt it will work on the pi1 neno but I'll make sure I'll test it. Too much yet to be done before testing Smile Good luck for tomorrow.
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14