• 5(current)
Release AUTOMATIC (and/or manual) AUDIO SWITCHER for different Audio Output
just a request, sure it could be done or not but could you possibly add a setting to switch between devices that both use pass through?

i have my nuc hooked up to my tv upstairs and my receiver downstairs via the 2 hdmi outs. when i'm downstairs i must go into the settings and switch the audio profile to use the receiver and the 7.1 speaker setup that has all audio codecs including DTS-hd, etc. upstairs goes through my tv's into a receiver with a 5.1 setup with no advanced codecs other than DTS.
Hi, looks fantastic i'll be trying this out when I get home tonight ... looks like just what i'm after !!!

Just a quick question are you able to have a manual button mapping to use all outputs at the same time ? I know Openelec lets you select HDMI and Analogue outputs however the onboard audio is **** so I use a hifiberry amp and in some circumstances I may want audio from both hdmi and the berry amp

Thanks in advance for your time

regards

James
@richardstam: still need to go through your debug log. could you try out the setup without using the spdif output?

@knives of ice: if i understand you correctly, you would need more than two profiles?? that's not possible, but you could use regss addon "audio profiles" where you can setup more profiles, which can be selected manually.

@jamesaamoore: kodi is limited to one audio output at the same time. there's a branch for dual audio output but i neither use nor support it.
it was worth a try Big Grin

set your script up last night and it's absolutely perfect thank you very much !!

ultimately means I don't have to mess about with remotes turning tv on and changing settings every time I want to use my PI as a stereo
Wow. Works great on a Raspberry Pi / HiFiBerry combination. Hope Kodi adopts this or something similar. Was fed up with changing output settings long hand. Well done that man!
Is it possible to have also a video switcher? I'd like to output video from my raspberry pi2 with hdmi and composite (I have 3.5mm to RCA cable)...
(2015-05-09, 17:50)marv_el Wrote: @richardstam: still need to go through your debug log. could you try out the setup without using the spdif output?

@knives of ice: if i understand you correctly, you would need more than two profiles?? that's not possible, but you could use regss addon "audio profiles" where you can setup more profiles, which can be selected manually.

@jamesaamoore: kodi is limited to one audio output at the same time. there's a branch for dual audio output but i neither use nor support it.
Finally got some time to try (on openelec 5.95.1)
When passthrough is not used, the wizard ends successfully. And switching works fine.

So, still got one problem left now: get it to work also with passthrough, since I sometimes would want to use my receiver when watching a movie.
richardstem: try to enable passthrough in the addon settings .it's also possible to change it after running the setup procedure.

matteo: this addon has the focus on audio and i am not sure if it is doable with python.
i am on vacation now, but i can take a look next week.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks allot marv_el, your script works like a charm!

Regards,
Felix
Thumbs Up 
This is exactly I was looking for years: all videos (incl. Live TV) in 5.1 with "Stereo upmix" enabled and all Music in Stereo 2.0.

Thanks marv_el!

Cheers,
Christoph
Truly excellent work, really appreciated! I will try this out tonight for sure!
Hi Marvel,

First, thank you for a great plugin. It work exactly as described.

However I do think usage can be a bit confusing at first.

I was in my couch with only my phone and my remote when I read about the plugin which has functionality that I really needed.

I installed it via the remote, but when I tried to add the plugin as a shortcut by editing skin settings of the default skin's program page I realized that selecting the shortcut did not do as I expected but rather facilitated saving of the configuration profiles. After re-reading the instruction in the forum I figured out that I had to edit files before I could actually use the plugin, which included getting out of the cozy couch to find my pc Wink

I am aware of the keyboard shortcut, url trigger and the favorite item, which all are very flexible and nice ways of using the plugin, but I still need a simple icon/shortcut below the programs entry in the main menu of the default skin home page that I can click and guide others to click.

May I suggest that the main entry point (launching the plugin) are changed to execute the plugin's main functionality, "display profile list" or "cycle profile", and not the configuration which you probably only need once or twice anyway.

Additional there could be added a configuration option to change main execution to either be "cycle profile" or "display list of profiles" just like the one that can already be activated on "play media start".

Finally saving of the configuration could be moved to the 4 entry profile list where you currently activate/deactivates profiles and edit there names.

With above changes you could get up and running entirely with a remote and execution of the main icon would have a logical purpose beyond initial one time setup and also the ability to be placed in the plugin shortcut trays on the skins home screen for easy access.

I hope my suggestion are usable!

Best regards,
iCE
hi ice:
you may try regss audio profiles switcher, which i think fits your needs:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200081

its in the official kodi repo!
(2015-08-23, 18:31)marv_el Wrote: hi ice:
you may try regss audio profiles switcher, which i think fits your needs:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200081

its in the official kodi repo!

OMG marvel, what a stupid thing i did there.. That post was actually for the other thread.. The exact one you.mention.. I'll see if i can delete it and will ofcourse repost it in the correct one.. Sorry
Hello,
I´m a beginner to this, and I ´m stuck!
I downloaded the script and installed it, I think... because I can´t find it in the service addonHuh
Running Kodi from opeelec,helix.
Please help me, this program is exactly what I NEED!!!

Best Regards
Johan
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AUTOMATIC (and/or manual) AUDIO SWITCHER for different Audio Output1