Kodi 14 Alpha Build - RetroPlayer?
Is RetroPlayer included in the just released Kodi 14 alpha build?
No
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
And although Helix was the target, I'd be surprises if it would-be make the cut.
(2014-08-13, 19:18)Scourge Wrote: And although Helix was the target, I'd be surprises if it would-be make the cut.

Oh, I wasn't aware, I thought that RetroPlayer was slated for version 14 release.
Retro player itself might be functional, but there are many other things that need to be implemented to get a polished product. Input for example which is what garbear said he would be tackling next and then you need scrapers and database, config ui and probably a bunch of other stuff so a fair way to go before its ready for mainline unfortunately.
(2014-08-13, 22:40)OmniBlade Wrote: Retro player itself might be functional, but there are many other things that need to be implemented to get a polished product. Input for example which is what garbear said he would be tackling next and then you need scrapers and database, config ui and probably a bunch of other stuff so a fair way to go before its ready for mainline unfortunately.

Gotcha, I am just excited for this feature, I remember sqeeing like a girl when I first read about it.
Personally I think that RetroPlayer should go into mainline now as it is, bugs and all, and just worry about improving it later while its in the mainline.

I can then imagine how in a couple of years the user experience in XBMC/Kodi will slowly become like a mix between Ignition, Advanced Launcher, and Rom Collection Browser

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70115
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=202061

Regardless, only when it is in mainline will it get more attention from more developers, just like how the PVR feature did once it was in mainline.
I agree, the earlier it goes mainline the sooner we will see skin mods, scrappers, configs, etc., but I will leave it the hands of the very talented Kodi developers, you guys are the wind beneath my metaphorical wings. Sorry, got carried away there.
+1 for inclusion in mainline to attract more developer.
That would be great if they could get it in there, when is the freeze for Kodi 14 anyway?

God It feels like Gotham just came out.
Based on last blog post Retroplayer (& heimdall) is a MEGAtock. Don´t fit in a tick release like helix.
I hope a short release cycle
So i see something have changed. Dev were talking about retroplayer in 14 but now .... i don't see a word about previouse promises.
Well i never read a post saying it was promised or announced. I think 14 was more like an aim.
I'm glad garbear isn't rushing it to merge it. I'd rather wait so more so i can easily configure my gamepads and can play Mario without crashes from my sofa.Big Grin

keep up the good work garbear, that schematics of the new layout look promising Nod
(2014-08-22, 16:54)Szymon_Zy Wrote: So i see something have changed. Dev were talking about retroplayer in 14 but now .... i don't see a word about previouse promises.

Not really.

What was said was that once it was time for 14 there would probably be a decision to be made between Retroplayer and another major feature (can't remember which one it was, probably server client). But nothing was promised.

And the name change to Kodi took the spot of that decision, so I suppose we will see what 15 brings.
+1 for Retroplayer in 14 Kodi!
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14 Alpha Build - RetroPlayer?0