Bug Music-Library: Album is added but not the artist
Hi,

I have added some folder to the Music-Library.

All albums are added as albums to the database, but the artits of some albums are not added to the database?

Any idea?

TIA, Thomas
Check tags. I always make sure that both ARTIST and ALBUM ARTIST are populated with the same entry. If they have different entries, it may be seen as a compilation, in which case you won't see those artists if your music settings are set to ignore compilation artists.
I have found the issue!!

There are some musicbrainz-tags saying its a compilation. So I have to enable "Include artists who appear only on compilations". Then I see the artists ..

BUT I have disabled "Override song tags with online information", so the musicbrainz-tags should not be used.

Is it a bug? (I am using 13.2beta from debian multimedia).

(2014-08-13, 16:37)whitebelly Wrote: Check tags. I always make sure that both ARTIST and ALBUM ARTIST are populated with the same entry. If they have different entries, it may be seen as a compilation, in which case you won't see those artists if your music settings are set to ignore compilation artists.

Thanks for the answer. They are always the same, but I have found the problem: It is a musicbrainz iussue (see my previous post)
"Override song tags" just causes the artist name and album name spelling found in MusicBrainz for a given MBID to be used, instead of the spelling in the artist or album tag.

Finding a compilation is caused by XBMC. It could be a problem of having the same artist on an album on different songs, with differing or no MBID artist tags, though I would have to test this to make sure. In general, if there are MBID tags in your music files XBMC assumes you know what you are doing and the MBID tags are correct (if tags differ it assumes it means you want to treat the artists as different).

scott s.
If XBMC still identifies an album as a compilation due to an MBID tag when Override Songs Tags is off, then I would say that is either a bug or an undesirable behavior.
I have removed all MusicBrainz-Tags from all of my MP3s and now everything is correct: No unexpected compilations or multiple albums in xbmc for the same album in cause of different MusicBrainz-Tags.
It does sound to me like a bug, if someone could report it on the bugtracker (trac) with some sample files and a debug log of them being scanned then one of the devs can take a look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music-Library: Album is added but not the artist0