Scraping TheTVDB vs Local NFO
I use media companion to get all my information for tvshows, in gotham you now have the option of using only local nfo information. If I leave the scraper as TheTVDB will is still first use local information like in previous releases or do I have to manually select local. I was just thinking because there are some shows that I do not use media companion for.
If a valid NFO is found for the show and episode, it will be used regardless. Scraper is called only if no valid NFO found, unless "local info only" is selected.

scott s.
Great thank-you very much! did quite a bit of searching and there is no clear answer in regards to how it works in Gotham
We discussed this in IRC. NedScott answered....

If you select a scraper and not "local NFO only", XBMC will look, if there´s a valid nfo file. If yes, XBMC will take this one. If not, XBMC will scrape the movie information for you...

If you want to update movie informations which are already set by local nfos, you can "update" your movie. XBMC will ask "Local NFO found....take this one or ignore and search online?"
At this point you can decide what do you want to take. But the first integration (if local nfos are available) would be done by the nfos.
(2014-08-14, 11:38)David1977 Wrote: We discussed this in IRC. NedScott answered....

If you select a scraper and not "local NFO only", XBMC will look, if there´s a valid nfo file. If yes, XBMC will take this one. If not, XBMC will scrape the movie information for you...

If you want to update movie informations which are already set by local nfos, you can "update" your movie. XBMC will ask "Local NFO found....take this one or ignore and search online?"
At this point you can decide what do you want to take. But the first integration (if local nfos are available) would be done by the nfos.

Awesome. thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping TheTVDB vs Local NFO0