Youtube app only doing 720p....
(2015-02-05, 01:32)hghfdkjbfjb Wrote: I do good work whether I'm getting paid or not. The free work = I don't want to argument has been debunked repeatedly for several decades. The Kodi team will not implement DASH because only YouTube playback will benefit from it. It will not be added properly by the Kodi developers at all, but add-on developers with a more specific focus may get there if any inertia is built up.

As Bromix has made clear, he has no interest in DASH because he feels 720p to 1080p isn't enough of a difference to bother and he feels work is better spent on 4K and 60 FPS. Perhaps you should take off the shiny armor and cease white knighting for people you know nothing about- as you were completely wrong about the reasons why work has not been done on DASH so far. That's pretty much where this entire conversation stemmed from. Mind your own business and let people defend their own decisions and lack of results. They are not incapable of speaking on their own behalf.

Wow, you're a really rude jerk. o.o
(2015-02-05, 01:32)hghfdkjbfjb Wrote: I do good work whether I'm getting paid or not. The free work = I don't want to argument has been debunked repeatedly for several decades. The Kodi team will not implement DASH because only YouTube playback will benefit from it. It will not be added properly by the Kodi developers at all, but add-on developers with a more specific focus may get there if any inertia is built up.

As Bromix has made clear, he has no interest in DASH because he feels 720p to 1080p isn't enough of a difference to bother and he feels work is better spent on 4K and 60 FPS. Perhaps you should take off the shiny armor and cease white knighting for people you know nothing about- as you were completely wrong about the reasons why work has not been done on DASH so far. That's pretty much where this entire conversation stemmed from. Mind your own business and let people defend their own decisions and lack of results. They are not incapable of speaking on their own behalf.

Team Kodi is talking about adding DASH support in our internal team forum right now, you twat.

Bromix already told you why he can't do the hack solution:

(2015-02-04, 20:07)bromix Wrote: youtube-dl isn't pure python. It uses ffmpeg for muxing via console/shell (it creates the commands for the tool) or rtmpdump for downloading. This won't work Wink sorry - closed source in this addon will me not allow to push it to the repo.

Also keep in mind that the bitrate is quite (too) low for 1080p via YouTube and a difference to 720p is nearly not noticeable. Resolutions like 4k and/or 60fps...that something you will notice.

He didn't say the reason he isn't interested is because the difference isn't enough of a difference, he said it is because it won't work. The fact that he's interested in doing 4k (which requires DASH) should clue you into this. You do not understand how any of this works. You cannot access DASH streams with a python add-on. Youtube-dl simply sends a command to an external program. Can you read? Do you understand english?

I'm not trying to defend anyone. I'm just correcting your idiotic statements.
Is Team Kodi talking about a ETA on adding DASH support?
Shoutout to bromix for updating the YouTube addon so frequently and Team Kodi for this beautiful mediaplayer. Keep up the good work. Smile
I would also like to know that ETA if possible. Props to the team Smile
Also I would also like to know any ETA ?
No idea, but people are still trying different things and working on various ideas.
Could youtube-dl somehow be implemented as an addon? It supports pulling the DASH formats and ffmpeg at least mainline can mux the two streams together. I'm not sure about Kodi's ffmpeg implementation.

It's a set of python scripts so it should be possible. https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/

EDIT: Well I'll be damned there is a plugin for it. http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Youtube-dl there has to be a way this could be tied into the Youtube addon.
Hi brothers!

But the addons youtube used to work with files in 1080p? I do not understand because now.
Youtube introduced DASH, Kodi hasn't yet successfully responded.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok. I did not know, I did not know it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube app only doing 720p....0