Release Conq - Helix
While I was adding a few things to Conq today I thought I'd look at updating it for Helix and here's the result.

watch gallery

Donations for Conq gratefully accepted.

Many thanks.
Cool! But where to download it?

EDIT: if the current update should already include this then it seems to not work. Pressing on LiveTV just starts tv for the first channel but does not show the submenus for radio etc.
(2014-08-18, 08:46)a_user Wrote: Cool! But where to download it?

EDIT: if the current update should already include this then it seems to not work. Pressing on LiveTV just starts tv for the first channel but does not show the submenus for radio etc.

I think it is version 2.0.1 that is in the official XBMC repository. But, it is marked as broken-dependencies not met on my install.

You need to press right to enter the submenus
(2014-08-18, 17:18)t-magnus Wrote:
(2014-08-18, 08:46)a_user Wrote: Cool! But where to download it?

I think it is version 2.0.1 that is in the official XBMC repository. But, it is marked as broken-dependencies not met on my install.

You need to press right to enter the submenus

you need a nightly build for that
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-08-18, 08:46)a_user Wrote: EDIT: if the current update should already include this then it seems to not work. Pressing on LiveTV just starts tv for the first channel but does not show the submenus for radio etc.

(To be clear, I haven't had time to see how Conq for Helix arranges the Helix PVR options, I'm just presuming that by default it provides separate live TV and Radio menus, ala Confluence)

if you're coming from Conq for Gotham - or any other skin using the skin shortcuts script with shared menus - you won't get a new menu item with the radio options by default IF you've customised your menus when you switch from Gotham to Helix.

If you want the skins recommended menus on Helix I'd suggest (do all the following in one go, without closing the main menu customizer) you should replace the "Live TV" main menu item with the updated one from the "Common Shortcuts", then reset the Live TV submenu, and finally add a new "Radio" main menu item, again from the "Common Shortcuts' (don't edit the submenu straight away and it will link to the new default Radio submenu - if you edit before you close the menu customiser, you'll get a blank submenu)

You'll then have the new default menu items to customise from - though all your current PVR shortcuts will continue to work on Helix if thats too much bother Smile

And, on a personal note, can I just say how great it is to see this skin available for Helix already. I've been working with the Helix alphas for a while now, and this skins inclusion will just make that so much more pleasurable than my regular returns to Confluence Smile
Thanks for the explanation, kind words, and all the work you put into skin shortcuts that made my life so much easier.
(2014-08-18, 21:35)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-08-18, 08:46)a_user Wrote: EDIT: if the current update should already include this then it seems to not work. Pressing on LiveTV just starts tv for the first channel but does not show the submenus for radio etc.

(To be clear, I haven't had time to see how Conq for Helix arranges the Helix PVR options, I'm just presuming that by default it provides separate live TV and Radio menus, ala Confluence)

if you're coming from Conq for Gotham - or any other skin using the skin shortcuts script with shared menus - you won't get a new menu item with the radio options by default IF you've customised your menus when you switch from Gotham to Helix.
i didn't customized it so it doesn't fit my case it seems.

i did something else: i resetted all conq settings to default and now i have submenues for live tv. the problem was, that for the live tv main menu entrance it was said to play a cahnnel instead of activating the appropriate window.

though, now it seems to have another bug:
pressing enter on the home menu item livetv brings up the tv channels list.
pressing right instead i get the submenues to select.
The problem is now: no matter which submenu i chose, radio, epg or what ever i always end up in the channels view.

another issue is:
when i am in the channels view, in other skins i can press left to get a side menu offering the alternative vies like radio etc.
when i do this in conq within the channels view i only get the view style settings.

p.s. but i ageee, i am very pleased to have conq for helix Big Grin

EDIT: ah sorry, i post this issue in the bug report thread.
Just wondering if there is anyway to manually install the skin to Helix? Running an openelec test build of helix on my pi and this skin is listed as incompatible in both the official repo and your repo?
@soupboy
Probably due to that the XBMC repo is still on Gotham.
Force refresh on the XBMC repo and try again.
you could always just unzip it into the addons subfolder under your xbmc home settings, i.e.:
.xbmc/addons
Hi Hitcher,

Have you implemented in this version the TvTunes add-on?

Thanks
I have been using that skin for a few days and i must say i really really like it!
One question.
Right now in conq the "clean dialog" takes the whole screen and i have it setup to run when i have a library update which can happen while i am actually watching.
Is there any way to make the clean silent? I don't mind not knowing it s actually happening.

Also could you add a gray background? I can add one myself but will it be optimised in the texture package? (i am on a pi and try to keep it as fast as possible).

Thanks
**deleted questions. I'm posting in the Gotham section since that is being supported and this applies to both versions**
I periodically get the error "Script Failed! Library Data Provider"

Any ideas?
Unfortunately, some bug prevents 2.0.4 to run on Helix openelec nightly. To be more precise, it runs, but no longer shows the blue background. Log below:

16:20:27 64882.558594 T:3058716672 ERROR: COMXImageFile::ReadFile special://skin/extras/backgrounds/blue.jpg not found
16:20:27 64882.558594 T:3058716672 NOTICE: LoadJpeg: unable to load special://skin/extras/backgrounds/blue.jpg
16:20:29 64884.359375 T:3058716672 ERROR: COMXImageFile::ReadFile special://skin/extras/backgrounds/blue.jpg not found
16:20:29 64884.359375 T:3058716672 NOTICE: LoadJpeg: unable to load special://skin/extras/backgrounds/blue.jpg

Thanks for looking into this.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Conq - Helix3