• 59(current)
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support
thinking of getting a raspberry pi.
has anyone tried phill65's nox skin on pi yet?
if so how is it?

thanks
Not tried it but I'm pretty sure the pi doesn't take it very well. This is/used to be one of the skins that asks the most of the cpu Wink
(2015-01-04, 20:23)RavenNL Wrote: Not tried it but I'm pretty sure the pi doesn't take it very well. This is/used to be one of the skins that asks the most of the cpu Wink

My new codebase is 3 times nicer than my old nox 4 codebase though. (you can compare size of xml folder to get a clue how much has changed).
That does not mean neccessarily that it will run well on a PI, but comparing this to Nox 4 (+ all those crazy mods not using GIT) is not valid. It´s much superior in basically every aspect.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
i could not run Nox 4 on my old mac mini very well.
phil65's your new nox run like a charm on it.
it is nearly as responsive as bignoid's nox 5.
that is why i wondered if pi could handle it as well?
thanks
phil65 Wrote:My new codebase is 3 times nicer than my old nox 4 codebase though. (you can compare size of xml folder to get a clue how much has changed).
That does not mean neccessarily that it will run well on a PI, but comparing this to Nox 4 (+ all those crazy mods not using GIT) is not valid. It´s much superior in basically every aspect.

We are looking forward to mod your new version when its done buddy hehe - but until then we need to work with the old code Wink
(2015-01-04, 20:40)mxlance Wrote: i could not run Nox 4 on my old mac mini very well.
thanks

I have one. I'll get it set up at work tomorrow and let you know if it's realistic. I haven't used it for a while, so I'm assuming I'll be able to remember every nuance - I'll try a fresh Helix / Kodi install.
(2015-01-05, 04:09)brimnac Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 20:40)mxlance Wrote: i could not run Nox 4 on my old mac mini very well.
thanks

I have one. I'll get it set up at work tomorrow and let you know if it's realistic. I haven't used it for a while, so I'm assuming I'll be able to remember every nuance - I'll try a fresh Helix / Kodi install.

that would be great. thank you.
i would like to add a second xbmc machine and the pi fits the budget.
just not sure if it has the juice. i am reading and researching now.
knowing if this skin will work will be a big help.
Ok, I had to work at work yesterday... It was terrible, but I should be able to knock it out today.
Hi Phil.

Is it normal that when configuring background for custom menu item based on smart playlist, no covers are displayed :

When I select Latest movies, it's OK :

I guess it's normal as LiveCasesDVDContentVar in variables.xml is not filled (there is no condition for smart playlist).

It's on the todo list ?

BTW, awesome skin, I love the ability to customise item from the main menu by pressing C
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2015-01-06, 18:48)mikebzh44 Wrote: Hi Phil.

Is it normal that when configuring background for custom menu item based on smart playlist, no covers are displayed :

When I select Latest movies, it's OK :

I guess it's normal as LiveCasesDVDContentVar in variables.xml is not filled (there is no condition for smart playlist).

It's on the todo list ?

BTW, awesome skin, I love the ability to customise item from the main menu by pressing C

yes, on to-do list, but getting script.extendedinfo into official-repo state has priority for me atm.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Hi Phil,

when i press 'I' on a movie, the panel information (and the picture) is empty, i have updated all extensions ...
Any idea ?

Thanks
jojo
debug log (wiki)
(2015-01-06, 16:15)brimnac Wrote: Ok, I had to work at work yesterday... It was terrible, but I should be able to knock it out today.

I tried it, and it's not terrible but not really fast. I haven't overclocked my Pi and I didn't run the OS on a USB drive to make it run faster, so someone else's millage may vary. I also must state *my* specs, as it sets my expectations. I have three 3770k i7s w/32GB RAM and two Chromeboxes with 8-16GB RAM... So slow to me is relative
Phil, not sure if it's just my setup, but I've noticed the icon for extendinfo and toolbox scripts are the same when going to the programs menu, they are the same. Any plans on changing one or the other? Maybe as a quick fix, adding text saying extendinfo to the icon or toolbox to the toolbox script?
(2015-01-07, 03:34)Kwulabear Wrote: Phil, not sure if it's just my setup, but I've noticed the icon for extendinfo and toolbox scripts are the same when going to the programs menu, they are the same. Any plans on changing one or the other? Maybe as a quick fix, adding text saying extendinfo to the icon or toolbox to the toolbox script?

Yes, planned. Would be glad if anyone could help out for stuff like that though.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support11