Win RemoteXtender - seamless integration of external players with XBMC remotes
Hi Guys,
Thank you for this fantastic tool!

I love yatse and with this tool I can control both kodi and mpc-hc (like external player for kodi).

I hope that soon it will be fixed the problem of audio track and subtitle switching that with yatse is not possibile.

I've to report another problem :
If you execute a film you can't execute a second film if you first do not stop the reproduction.

If you play another film from yatse kodi crash.

It will be fantastic if the user do not need forcedly to stop the playback before play another film...

Let me know.
Thank you.
That's really weird. I don't have or use Yatse so I've not encountered this issue. Nice that you got it working anyhow.

(2015-05-24, 21:08)MKANET Wrote: I'm having connectivity issues when telling RemoteXtender to proxy between Kodi and Yaste2 Remote Control... causing extremely slow response or non-communication. HOWEVER, if I change Kodi RemoteXtender Kodi Port to talk to Kodi's HTTP server directly, everything starts to work; Yaste2 communicates with Kodi AND also control MPC-HC (pause/play/FF/REW/subtitle toggle).

However, I have no idea why everything works correctly when I do this. At first, I thought that RemoteExtender isn't doing anything at all; with Yaste2 bypassing RemoteExtender; and, talking directly to Kodi. However, that's not the case. Without RemoteExtender running, I am not able to control MPC-HC at all.

Any idea's why this is happening?

Communication issues:
Kodi RemoteXtender:
Remote Control IP: 192,168,1,225
Port: 8200
Kodi HTTP server IP: localhost (or 192,168,1,225)
Port: 8091
MPC-HC: http://127.0.0.1:13579

Kodi Webserver:
Username:
Password:

Yaste2:
Kodi IP: 192.168.1.225

MPC-HC
Listen on port: 13579

Everything Works!!
Kodi RemoteXtender:
Remote Control IP: 192,168,1,225
Kodi IP: localhost
MPC-HC: http://127.0.0.1:13579

Kodi Webserver:
Username:
Password:

Yaste2:
Kodi IP: 192.168.1.225
Kodi HTTP Server Port: 8091

MPC-HC
Listen on port: 13579
I'll look into this, it should be possible.

(2015-05-30, 16:24)Lupin 3rd Wrote: Hi Guys,
I've to report another problem :
If you execute a film you can't execute a second film if you first do not stop the reproduction.

If you play another film from yatse kodi crash.

It will be fantastic if the user do not need forcedly to stop the playback before play another film.
This project should probably be renamed to meet the official trademark policy?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy

See this section:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark...d_Software

Related Software

XBMC Foundation products are designed to be extended, and we recognize that community members writing add-ons and supplemental software need some way to identify the XBMC Foundation product to which their add-on/software pertain. Our main concern about add-ons and related software is that consumers not be confused as to whether they are official (meaning approved by XBMC Foundation) or not. To address that concern, we request that add-ons and supplemental software names not include, in whole or in part, the words "XBMC Foundation" or "Kodi" in a way that suggests a connection between XBMC Foundation and the add-on or software (e.g., "Frobnicator for Kodi," would be acceptable, but "Kodi Frobnicator" would not).
Thank you for pointing this out, I was not aware such a limitation existed.

It will be renamed the next time it is updated, which should be sometime this week.

(2015-06-16, 16:26)RockerC Wrote: This project should probably be renamed to meet the official trademark policy?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy

See this section:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark...d_Software

Related Software

XBMC Foundation products are designed to be extended, and we recognize that community members writing add-ons and supplemental software need some way to identify the XBMC Foundation product to which their add-on/software pertain. Our main concern about add-ons and related software is that consumers not be confused as to whether they are official (meaning approved by XBMC Foundation) or not. To address that concern, we request that add-ons and supplemental software names not include, in whole or in part, the words "XBMC Foundation" or "Kodi" in a way that suggests a connection between XBMC Foundation and the add-on or software (e.g., "Frobnicator for Kodi," would be acceptable, but "Kodi Frobnicator" would not).
Cool! More info why the policy here FYI:
http://kodi.tv/introducing-kodi-14/
http://kodi.tv/introducing-the-kodi-logo/
Version 0.1.0.8 of RemoteXtender is now available, and brings these changes:
  • The tool has been renamed to RemoteXtender to comply with Kodi trademark policy.
  • RemoteXtender will now exit MPC-HC before playing a new item. This should prevent Kodi from crashing in this scenario as reported by a user. You will notice that there is a small delay (~2 seconds) after MPC-HC has exited, before it is launched again with the new item. This is to prevent Kodi from crashing due to re-launching MPC-HC immediately after it has exited.
  • RemoteXtender can now be set to launch Kodi automatically after the tool has been started. This is in anticipation of the next release, which will feature full audio/subtitle feedback and proper switching. The workaround requires a bug in MPC-HC to be fixed first, which should happen within a couple of weeks, and also requires that RemoteXtender performs a small modification of the playercorefactory.xml file to enable MPC-HC to operate in "slave" mode. This modification needs to be done before Kodi is started, and is done automatically by RemoteXtender. More information will follow when the next version is released.

See the first post in the thread for download and setup instructions.
Good Job on the Tool. I'm really hoping there is added support for PowerDVD 15. I want to be able to turn my computer on some off or sleep and have kodi launch PowerDVD when I want to watch a movie when I run it from Roomie Remote. I think this utility would allow just that.
(2015-09-04, 16:28)amb7247 Wrote: Good Job on the Tool. I'm really hoping there is added support for PowerDVD 15. I want to be able to turn my computer on some off or sleep and have kodi launch PowerDVD when I want to watch a movie when I run it from Roomie Remote. I think this utility would allow just that.

Thanks! Unfortunately the PowerDVD control protocol is not easy to figure out (for me anyway). Hopefully at one point I'll crack it.
Version 0.1.0.11 of RemoteXtender is now available, and brings these changes:
  • Fix: Using Play/Pause in Roomie Remote now works with RemoteXtender.

See the first post in the thread for download and setup instructions.
There was an issue with the temporary download location.

It has been fixed, and RemoteXtender can now be downloaded and installed from here.
I get there are files missing when I download this. Could someone help please, I've been waiting for this for years.
(2016-07-10, 06:30)robl45 Wrote: I get there are files missing when I download this. Could someone help please, I've been waiting for this for years.

tried on new computer, still same problem.
Just a quick post to let you know I've noted this issue, unfortunately other stuff is keeping me busy at the moment, but I will look into it asap.
(2016-07-16, 23:29)vestergaard Wrote: Just a quick post to let you know I've noted this issue, unfortunately other stuff is keeping me busy at the moment, but I will look into it asap.

Thank you, I really need this to complete my remote setup. I'm thinking of using anymote home to control all my devices and they have a kodi remote so with this app I should be able to control my theatre through that without having to mess with outdated ir dongles on the computer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RemoteXtender - seamless integration of external players with XBMC remotes1