Disable press and hold turbo?
Hi, is there a way to disable the auto-repeated pressing of a button while the button is held down?
Which OS?
(2014-08-19, 14:29)Kib Wrote: Which OS?

Thanks for the reply; Windows 8.1.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...d-settings#
(2014-08-21, 08:14)Kib Wrote: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...d-settings#

Thanks, and this will apply to when using an Xbox 360 controller?
Your question has to do with windows settings, not XBMC.

Google is your friend, that's how I found above link.
(2014-08-24, 17:45)Kib Wrote: Your question has to do with windows settings, not XBMC.

Google is your friend, that's how I found above link.

I did your method, but it didn't change the turbo when a button of the Xbox controller is pressed, so how does that make it Windows related, and not XBMC?

I was more expecting a 'change this value to that, in this line of xbmc script' response to be honest, because I think this is more an intentional design choice, than something Windows related, but I could be wrong.
Again, keyboard or input repeat speed is controlled by the OS.
Use Google to find out how to do it for an Xbox controller
(2014-08-24, 19:37)Kib Wrote: Again, keyboard or input repeat speed is controlled by the OS.
Use Google to find out how to do it for an Xbox controller

This is a help and support forum. If you can't provide help, and you aren't providing any, stay out of the topic. I'd rather ask and get no replies, than ask and get rude snark.
Rude?

I explained it a few times, but it seems you can't read or don't understand my answer.
There is no secret setting in XBMC, keyboard repeat speed is governed by the OS.

Let's not forget you started out by not following the sticky post on how to ask for support, did not give enough details, and still got an answer which was complete: it is not set by XBMC.
Consider that I am on mobile phone and don't have the time to pay long stories for everyone, on how their question is not related to XBMC but general windows, and they could use a search engine to find some more about that.

Did you do anything to solve this yourself? Like search on a windows support forum for xbox controllers?
Google might find something if you search for 'Xbox controller key repeat speed windows', did you try that?
Well, I did thank you twice for your replies, and I do appreciate you taking the time to respond, however I don't appreciate the "use Google" response on a help forum. Perhaps I misconstrued the tone in which you said that, though. And no, I did not find what I was searching for on Google, hence why I asked here (on the help forum) as a last resort.
Well it is the wrong help forum, as the question has little to do with XBMC.

That is the point I am trying to get across.

I moved the thread to windows support where it should have been from the start. Maybe someone there knows how to configure a joystick device key repeat speed in windows, but I would check Microsoft support forums for Xbox for instance
If this is a Microsoft Windows issue, why do I get the same issue when I use XBMC on Android?
For a guy that wants help, you're sure acting like an ass. You might get more help if your tone was better. As it stands I doubt anybody is going to help you now. That's a mod and a dev you're being disrespectful to.
I think the context and my tone is being lost in the textual form, that's all. I'm really not trying to be aggressive towards him.

But yeah, still get the turbo when you hold down a button, even on Android, so don't see how that's a Windows issue... All I wanted to know was if there was some way to alter a line in a script, or something along those lines, to disable that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable press and hold turbo?0