Gotham 13.2 final - library messed up
hi guys,

I've spent a whole week setting up xbmc and everything was working fine. But I then went ahead and upgraded from gotham 13.2 rc2 to the Final release. Everything seemed to work fine, but today I've switched on the pc and loaded up xbmc, but the movies/videos/tvshows library is empty!

I've done a full library clean and chose update library, but this has no effect on it. FYI, the files can be seen in Video-File mode, but not in movies.

Please could you advice?
Debug Log

have you tried removing the sources and add them new?
code difference between 13.2rc1 and 13.2 final is exactly zero. I suspect that you have clean library as startup enabled and the server was offline during that?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@ David1977 - I've got a folder with tons of movies. It would take too long to re-add the sources again mate, plus I want to know the answer to fixing this as it could happen again in the near future.

@ Martijn - The clean library wasn't enabled at startup, however I think your close enough as I forgot to mention that last night I removed the "users" rights in windows and replaced it with "guest" rights. I think this caused xbmc to think that the files don't exist anymore and when I forced a refresh of library it simply wiped out all the movie data and now it thinks the folder is empty, even though I've given it the user rights back.

FYI, t's not a server, but a local pc on a home network. It has Win8 installed and there are 3 user accounts in total - Administrator, Kids, Media-PC. The kids account is on total lock-down and kids can't even access the c drive. The Media-PC account boots straight into the XBMC shell.
I had the very same thing happen to me today my entire video library is completely wiped all except for a few fitness titles. The shares are still there and the files are visible but the library is empty. I have auto update turned on and clean library after the update enabled.

How do we force the library to repopulate? And how do we prevent this from happening in the future?
I've got a feeling it maybe a bug as all the movies have miraculously reappeared.
I ran into a similar problem and found that removing all sources on all computers was the only solution. Even though a couple of the sources hadn't existed for over a year, they were still being scanned. I'm not sure where these other sources were stored, but it was not in any of the config files - I suspect they were a carry over from the mysql library updates.

Frankly, I won't be upgrading any more. I have XBMC working to my family's satisfaction and I've grown tired of having to spend an entire weekend troubleshooting issues and re-adding over 2000 movies and 150 TV series. It just isn't worth the effort any longer. Until there is some new, must have feature, I'll being staying right here.
(2014-08-22, 16:43)jackal40 Wrote: I ran into a similar problem and found that removing all sources on all computers was the only solution. Even though a couple of the sources hadn't existed for over a year, they were still being scanned. I'm not sure where these other sources were stored, but it was not in any of the config files - I suspect they were a carry over from the mysql library updates.

Frankly, I won't be upgrading any more. I have XBMC working to my family's satisfaction and I've grown tired of having to spend an entire weekend troubleshooting issues and re-adding over 2000 movies and 150 TV series. It just isn't worth the effort any longer. Until there is some new, must have feature, I'll being staying right here.

I couldn't agree more mate. I'm spending less time watching movies and more time ironing out issues with xbmc. I now have a new problem. Most of the video-addons have stopped working suddenly. Don't know how to fix it, but considering that I installed around a 50 or more, it's going to be a pain to reinstall them them again and setup.
As far as we can tell, there is no bug related to updating XBMC. Since there's no logs or anything posted, and we haven't seen this in most other setups and tests, it's possible whatever issue is there is something that might be independent of updating. For example, a corrupt database.

I typically keep my family XBMC/Kodi boxes on stable builds and try not to rock the boat at all, and I have a pretty big library, and it's been a completely smooth update to 13.2 for me.
(2014-08-22, 16:47)noobnas Wrote:
(2014-08-22, 16:43)jackal40 Wrote: I ran into a similar problem and found that removing all sources on all computers was the only solution. Even though a couple of the sources hadn't existed for over a year, they were still being scanned. I'm not sure where these other sources were stored, but it was not in any of the config files - I suspect they were a carry over from the mysql library updates.

I couldn't agree more mate. I'm spending less time watching movies and more time ironing out issues with xbmc. I now have a new problem. Most of the video-addons have stopped working suddenly. Don't know how to fix it, but considering that I installed around a 50 or more, it's going to be a pain to reinstall them them again and setup.
I have uninstalled many of the addons I used in the past - just for that reason. I do my scraping off XBMC (using Media Companion) so there isn't the need for them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham 13.2 final - library messed up0