• 16(current)
WIP 3dLUT support
Sorry, what I wrote was misleading. I had calibrated the projectors color and gamma using HCFR and the results were visibly neutral. Now profiling it with displaycal and vcgt "on" gives reddish pictures, whatever I do. Without the vcgt option I hardly see any difference.

Somehow the authors of displaycal explains things similar but then again very different. See here: https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/...#post-6794

Could someon please point out how exactly the correction-process is working? A part in the grafics-cards LUT and another part on top of that in kodi (or madvor or whatever)?
He basically says the same.
If you already have calibrated grayscale on your projector and the result is good, then you can turn off VCGT. It can be enabled but it might be hard to better a manual grayscale in the context of measuring reflection from a projector screen, unless you have reference meters.
I'm not sure if it's possible with HCFR but in Calman you can profile your meter to the same meter. Which means you can use a measurement from you projection screen as the reference and offset it to a reading of the lens directly (remember to put diffusor on). Voila no more problem with sensitivity. You'd do similar if you were to calibrate a 3D mode of a TV.

If you want, then you could always post a measurement of Colorchecker SG, and saturation sweeps at 25/50/75/100 stimilus, and I'll let you know what I think.
Ok, thanks for the info. That makes things clearer. So the whitepoint and gamma are quite up to spex due to my manual measurement and the color mixing part of the X3 is simply already pretty good, so I see hardly any difference when turning on the 3dLUT in kodi.Still wondering why I get such a red tint when using vcgt. From what I understand the vcgt should simply be linear when gamma and whitepoint are ok. When I find some time I will look into it again.

Colorchecker SG is the board I can buy for 300 €?
No it's built in HCFR, but yes It's based on that board. it's the same patches that are measured and gives you a good view of the color accuracy and
That said, A full Colorchecker SG might be overkill. The "Calman Classic" preset should do fine.

Measures/grayscale and colors
Measures/saturation/colorchecker

Look at CIE diagram, it should give you an idea how accurate your colors are while gamma graph show you the gamma (obviously). Rightclick graphs to remove unneeded details and save at, say, 1500x1000 pixels.

Then change Colorchecker presets to "CM 5-point Saturation 75AMP.and do a new Colorchecker measurement, then save this as well.

These 3 graphs will give you a good impression of how accurate the manual calibration is, and you get a clear picture of how much better it can be with a 3DLUT depending of how close you hit the targets in the gamut.

Remember to use GPU FULL in Windows, but make sure HCFR is using 16-235 (measures/generator/configure/GDI Options + make sure disabled video lut is checked as well), and that projector is 16-235/limited range as well.

Of course you saying that you've already used HCFR would imply that you know all of this already, but from your answers I'm not so sure what exactly you know and don't know, so sorry if any of this seems obvious.
Thx for the detailed "howto". The basic setup (levels and so on..) I knew, how to check for the accuracy I didn't, so every hint is very welcome. Smile

I will check it out, it might take a couple of days, though. I need time and it has to be at night...
Will 3dlut support ever work on Amlogic devices running Linux (LibreELEC)? Other than the limitation of actual GPU horsepower on SOCs like the s905 is there anything else stopping 3dluts from working?
(2017-06-08, 23:55)Jdiesel Wrote: Will 3dlut support ever work on Amlogic devices running Linux (LibreELEC)? Other than the limitation of actual GPU horsepower on SOCs like the s905 is there anything else stopping 3dluts from working?
I'm not sure if the ARM devices render through GLES or if they bypass it with an overlay.

GLES may or may not support 3D textures depending on the device and drivers. It should be possible to support both but the current code is for regular OpenGL only.

The biggest issue is likely GPU horsepower.

I do have a few cheap s905/s905x boxes and they are excellent for the price when running LibreELEC.
Any chance for Windows v.18 x64 3dLUT support? GitHub link shows Abandoned?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Read the discussion.
First off, thank you for the work in getting this pulled together. I just picked up a colorimeter the other day and I'm anxious to get this tv finally calibrated.

One question. I'm using DisplayCal. In the Settings drop down, should I use the "Video 3D LUT for madVR HDR" or the one without HDR? For what it's worth, here are the settings for the HDR one...

Colorspace: BT.2020
Tone Curve: SMPTE 2084 (roll-off) Peak luminance 400cd/m2
Maximum content light: 10000cd/m2
colorpsace: dci p3
black offset 0
apply calibration
gamut mapping mode: inverse device to PCS
rendering intent: absolute colorimetric with white point scaling
3d lut file format: madVR (.rdlut)
Input encoding: TC RGB 16-235

Everything else is grayed out. Just wanted to make sure I chose the right options.

Thanks!
I may be wrong on this but you should do one for both and switch profiles as needed depending on your content.
Is anyone still reading here? I update kodi-git from time to time. At some point in development of Kodi 18 I just got a black picture instead of a movie. All overlays like menus and buttons are visible just fine, the movie stays black, though. Audio is also playing fine.

Turning of colormanagement brings the picture back.

Does anyone know more about it?
Is colormanagement development still alive?
(2018-01-22, 00:02)((( atom ))) Wrote: Is colormanagement development still alive?
 Yes, it should be.
Hello and thanks to everyone who helped develop this feature!

I am trying to see if anyone can give me a hand with this:

I recently bought a projector, and it is not the best. It has a very specific color cast, basically turning all orange/browns into purple, yes that's right! In some scened where faces are lit in a certain way everyone looks like eggplants! Anyway, when I saw Kodi supported 3D luts I thought I was saved! I created a simple lut in Davinci Resolve and 3D lut creator and corrected the issue in 1 minute, but the formats .cube and .3dl are not supported, as it is not the original intention of this feature, for what I read in this thread. I don't own a calibrating instrument yet. I just need to do a simple correction by eye (for now), which if it was applied would work like a charm.

So my question is: can I generate a madVR .3dlut without going through a whole process of calibration (with paid instruments)? can I convert a .cube or .3dl?

I basically want to remove that color cast, I just shift a specific color towards green and it is done. Can an ICC profile let me do this?

Any help would be appreciated!!
Cheers!
I think Argyll/Displaycal has some tools to convert between LUT formats. See www.displaycal.net

But an i1 Display Pro is not that expensive really if you want to do it properly. If you have a good pro photo supplier in your neighbourhood you may be able to rent a good spectrometer/colorimeter for not too much money.

Ian
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3dLUT support3