• 17(current)
WIP 3dLUT support
Thanks for the fast response!

Unfortunately I don't think they have any, or I am unable to find it.. 
I downloaded all the command line tools from argyii and also the displaycal software.

Anyway following your suggestion I found a guy who calibrates monitors and projectors for a fair price.. I hope he can resolve it. Though I would love to figure it out myself.
So I did not have any luck with a colorimeter calibration Sad
I am gonna try and give the projector back.

If only there was support for .cube or .3dl LUTs, then everything would work! 
Are there any plans for that?
Tbh - I would get rid of that projector instead of having one single software support something that can workaround the faulty thing. At one point you want to use a different software with that projector and are back to the causing issue.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-05-02, 04:03)Soli Wrote: for Windows it would be logical to follow madvr's lead and autodetect if vcgt is included in the 3DLUT or not, and if included then reset the GPU 1DLUT accordingly when loading the 3DLUT.
 I tried the colour management feature of Kodi, because now with Kodi 18 it is implemented in a stable release (Kodi 18 x64, Windows 10).
It seems that vcgt is simply ignored by Kodi. I use a system wide icm file made by displaycal and vcgt is used and applied by displaycal´s profile loader. Madvr does it correctly and uses my 3DLUT, resets vcgt during playback, resets vcgt after closing.
When using a 3DLUT within Kodi I have to manually reset the vcgt (or use displaycal´s profile switcher and create an exception).
But even when going this way, at the moment Kodi´s 3DLUT feature seems to be broken.
My 3DLUT made by displaycal delivers perfect results when checked with displaycal, when checked with HCFR and when checked by measuring the output of MPC HC when using madvr. All measurements are consistent.
When measuring Kodi´s output I get different (wrong) results.
Everything is ok when using no 3DLUT, so when colour management is deactivated in KODI I get right numbers when measuring output for no calibration (no icm file loaded) or when measurimg KODI´s output for using simply vcgt (icm file loaded in Windows).
So at the moment the 3DLUT feature seems to be broken in Kodi 18 for Windows (at least for me) beside the fact that vcgt is not respected.
I hope this could be fixed someday. Smile
At the moment I either live with simple 1DLUT calibration (icm file loaded, vcgt loaded, colour management disabled in KODI) or I have to use DSPlayer with madVR or I use external player MPC HC as working workarounds.
Why implementing broken features in a final version of a software?
(2019-02-17, 01:19)hannes69 Wrote: Why implementing broken features in a final version of a software?

What kind of answer do you expect?
I think we could drop featured that are not maintained by an active developer but it’s hard to even know about those features if you don‘t use them.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Go for madvr, it is far beyond compare.
(2019-02-19, 18:28)Memphiz Wrote: I think we could drop featured that are not maintained by an active developer but it’s hard to even know about those features if you don‘t use them. 
 Quality management Wink
Of course noone should have demands on a totally free software. I tested the 3DLUT feature and was curious about the results.
I simply wondered about the bad results.
I assume that madVR delivers the right results. The 3DLUT feature in madVR is widely used and because of a very perfectionistic community errors there would have been detected.
It did me cost not a very large amount of time to detect that Kodi´s 3DLUT feature leads to very different results compared to madVR.
When I remember right Kodi 18 is the first build with this feature.
So a new feature in a new final build not maintained by an active developer? Strange concept to me. In this case it would be better to drop such features I think.
I´m writing concerning this topic because I use 3DLUTS, I have a colorimeter to check these and I wanted to help regarding bugfixing, maybe delivering measuring results and so on.
But if this feature is not maintained...I have to simply ignore it.
(2019-02-19, 21:29)((( atom ))) Wrote: Go for madvr, it is far beyond compare.
 Yes Smile
I use Kodi and if it is possible I use MPC HC as external player.
I´m using Kodi 17 at the moment and I try to setup Kodi 18 parallely step by step (and so I detected the 3DLUT problems).
In Kodi 17 I can´t use an external player when inputstream is involved, I don´t know if this is still the case for Kodi 18.
This is e.g. a usage scenario for Kodi´s 3DLUT.
Ok, when not using a 3DLUT there still remains the 1DLUT calibration through vcgt, so greyscale and gamma will always be ok, but the gamut will not be perfect.
As a long year madVR user I´m used trying to get the best possible video quality.
Kodi + 3DLUT (internally) would be nice, if not possible then I´ll have to live with it Wink
AFAIK - 3D LUT support was added by a drive by contributor from the community. So how do you think open source would work if we have to stop any contribution when we don‘t have contracts about code owner ship.
I invite you to be Part of an open Source Project in your Free Time and then read something that I normally expect from paying companies. It’s really annoying to say the least.
So you might take your quality management buzz word and talk to that community developer who might have lost interest in his own feature - or he just might have something more important to do - the latter is something that I see as a benefit when working in open source land.

Not saying that regressions, non working features and annoyed developers is something I think is a good thing to have. But I accept this on those kind of projects and move along in the very moment I think that it’s not having the features I need - or I try to adapt it to my needs. But never would it occur to me to write to the project people in the way some of the Kodi users do (like „how is it even possible that you did release in this state“).
You guys are seriously strange people in the world I normally live.

Just my 2 personal cents
Quote:So you might take your quality management buzz word and talk to that community developer who might have lost interest in his own feature - or he just might have something more important to do - the latter is something that I see as a benefit when working in open source land.
[...]
But never would it occur to me to write to the project people in the way some of the Kodi users do (like „how is it even possible that you did release in this state“).
You saw the smiley next to my 'quality management buzz word' ?
It was my kind of pointing at a given problem where I don´t know exactly how to deal with.
The feature is part of the software, the feature is broken, and like you say maybe the author has lost interest and has something more important to do.
And now? For me it´s simple, I ignore the feature. Feature deactivated, it doesn´t exist.
But what´s with other users? Should every user find out on his own that the feature is broken? Should every user be warned? Should maybe be done some work to make the feature working in the intended manner?
That was my point with 'quality management'. I have no clue.
My approach was a kind of 'bug report' and I already mentioned my will to help solving the problem (by e.g. making some measurements).
I have the impression I simply should have stayed inactive, deactivating the new feature and that´s it.
The open source world (as far as I understand it) demands for everybody´s help. I simply wanted to help, not to critisize anything.

So at least I can give the hint here that the new feature '3DLUT' is broken at the moment (for the case a user reads this here).
This thread here was the only one I found really dealing with the 3DLUT feature, so I wrote into this thread.

Apologies if there was a misunderstanding, my words were never meant as any offense.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3dLUT support3