• 3(current)
[ALPHA] Unity
very nice however i personally prefer checkmarks or Ticks for watched items a little more clearer on what these mean as opposed to dots or squares or whatever tend to forget and have to explain to people whether those are items that are watched or unwatched at least with a tick it is straight forward tick symbolizes "Done" or "Finished" Or "Completed"
(2014-08-30, 17:32)henrikyo Wrote: Cant get this to work on 13.2 gotham, says dependices not met, contact addon author

on windows 8.1

I keep messing up the GUI version, thinking it needs to be 5.0.2! Have changed it back to 5.0.1 so should now work.

(2014-08-30, 18:22)protocol77 Wrote: very nice however i personally prefer checkmarks or Ticks for watched items a little more clearer on what these mean as opposed to dots or squares or whatever tend to forget and have to explain to people whether those are items that are watched or unwatched at least with a tick it is straight forward tick symbolizes "Done" or "Finished" Or "Completed"

Whereas I'm not a fan of the look of ticks which is why I've gone for the circles. As far as forgetting whether it means watched or unwatched, as far as I'm concerned why would you mark something if it's unwatched? In which case the circle obviously means it's watched (with a half circle meaning partially watched)!

There are some skins that have a dot or similar icon to signify that a video is unwatched and then removes it leaving blank on items that have been watched

so you have two videos one is unwatched and has a circle then the next has been watched and there is no circle

then you have skins where it is the opposite where the circle would be on the watched one and no circle on the unwatched
(2014-08-31, 13:30)protocol77 Wrote: There are some skins that have a dot or similar icon to signify that a video is unwatched and then removes it leaving blank on items that have been watched

Which in my opinion is crazy and doesn't make sense, therefore in my skin the dot means it's watched!

I have just had a thought though... The reason I didn't use a tick is because I don't like the look of them, a circle has equal space around it, whereas a tick has empty space in the top left. However, if I put a tick inside the circle then it may work...

how do i turn debug info off in this skin?
(2014-08-31, 15:47)stuCONNERS Wrote: how do i turn debug info off in this skin?

Forgot about that, I'll add an option to the skin settings in the next update but in the meantime you can follow the information here about creating/updating your keymap. Once done pressing F7 will toggle the debug info.

I've been playing around with the look and have made some changes, firstly watched indicators that include ticks...

And secondly changed how dialogs are going to look, for example the movie information dialog now looks like...

Played around with some animations, for example when the focus moves to a different button the white circle fills in from the center (hard to explain, you'll have to try it out and see for yourself). Also added a little extra, pressing up when focused on the main buttons will...

Allow you to see the movie fanart/extra fanart.

Nice
Since it is supposed to be a "re-skinned Confluence" does this mean it will be as quick and responsive (e.g. for use with a Raspberry PI) and support touch-screens? Will it run on Kodi?

Still missing the Live-TV section. I cannot go without it since I have a network TV-tuner and use all my XBMC-PCs for television.

Brgds,

FantasticN
This looks really cool!

I'll try it out when i get home Smile !
If i have any relevant feedback i'll let you know.
For now i just have one... I don't think ticks are needed, a dot means unwatched, thats obvious TongueRofl Angel. But seriously, i think a dot looks cleaner and a half filled dot fits with it Big Grin
Loving what you are doing with this Skin will you be adding the ability to add customer items to the main menu? keep up the good work.
(2014-09-01, 08:53)fantasticn Wrote: Since it is supposed to be a "re-skinned Confluence" does this mean it will be as quick and responsive (e.g. for use with a Raspberry PI) and support touch-screens? Will it run on Kodi?

Still missing the Live-TV section. I cannot go without it since I have a network TV-tuner and use all my XBMC-PCs for television.

Brgds,

FantasticN

Hopefully it will be just as quick and responsive, I'm not making any drastic changes or adding huge textures so it should be fast! It will support mouse and touchscreen, just like normal confluence. By "run on Kodi" I take it you mean Helix? At the moment I'm coding it for Gotham but I will update it to Helix.

(2014-09-01, 13:54)Smobbo Wrote: This looks really cool!

I'll try it out when i get home Smile !
If i have any relevant feedback i'll let you know.
For now i just have one... I don't think ticks are needed, a dot means unwatched, thats obvious TongueRofl Angel. But seriously, i think a dot looks cleaner and a half filled dot fits with it Big Grin

Haha, I just can't win :p

(2014-09-01, 14:07)umonkey Wrote: Loving what you are doing with this Skin will you be adding the ability to add customer items to the main menu? keep up the good work.

Eventually, I would have thought so. The main priority is getting the re-skin completely finished before diving into new options.

So far, it looks a looot better than confluence.
Looks promising Smile
(2014-09-01, 15:13)Eddage Wrote:
(2014-09-01, 08:53)fantasticn Wrote: Since it is supposed to be a "re-skinned Confluence" does this mean it will be as quick and responsive (e.g. for use with a Raspberry PI) and support touch-screens? Will it run on Kodi?

Brgds,

FantasticN

Hopefully it will be just as quick and responsive, I'm not making any drastic changes or adding huge textures so it should be fast! It will support mouse and touchscreen, just like normal confluence. By "run on Kodi" I take it you mean Helix? At the moment I'm coding it for Gotham but I will update it to Helix.

Ah, yes I meant Helix. Thanks for the info. I am very much looking forward to the completion of your work. Confluence always seemed to offer a nice balance between usability and performance. Each time I tried something else on my Office-PC (mouse-usage), my Tablet (touch-screen) or my Raspberry PI (low performance) I have found myself returning to confluence - at least on those devices. Only Amber gives me a quicker response time. But Confluence has not changed it look for quiet a while and therefore has become quiet boring to me. So keep up the good work. I will try it out once Live-TV has been implemented.

Brgds,

FantasticN
When I hit <enter> on the keyboard during playback, I don't seem to get the video/audio/subtitle/bookmark choices in the OSD.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Unity7