• 1(current)
[ALPHA] Unity
To save from going mad by just working on Persona all the time I started coming up with a couple of ideas for how a re-skinned confluence could look, one I quite liked, so I started to code... Introducing 'Unity' (tentative title)

watch gallery

The majority of the code will remain the same as Confluence, just with a few tweaks here and there. The benefit of this is that it's quicker to code and I will be able to upload unfinished versions which will still be completely functional, some parts will just look like Confluence! It also means that mouse control will be supported (a first for me).

Gotham only!

Download:

https://github.com/Eddage/skin.unity/archive/master.zip

Changelog:

Update

13/09/2014 - 0.1.2 [ALPHA]
[CHANGED] Added support for Advanced Launcher to Addon Info views
[CHANGED] Created colour themes
[CHANGED] Dialog Video Info - added fanart viewer and windowed trailer viewer
[CHANGED] All views - added shadows
[CODED] Dialog PVR Channels OSD
[CODED] VIDEO OSD Bookmarks
[CODED] Video OSD Settings
[CODED] Video OSD
[CODED] Dialog Seek Bar
[CODED] Video Full Screen
[CODED] File Browser
[CODED] Dialog Select
[CODED] RSS feed on home window
[CODED] Skin Settings
[CODED] Settings Category
[CODED] Settings
[CODED] Addon Browser
[CHANGED] Added glow border to posters/thumbs so they stand out against fanart background
[CHANGED] Dialog Video Info buttons, fanart viewer, trailer viewer, cast
[CHANGED] Default Icons
[CODED] Content Settings
[CODED] Media Source
[FIXED] Volume position when right blade is visible

29/08/2014 - 0.0.3 [ALPHA]
[CODED] OK Dialog
[CODED] Yes No Dialog
[CODED] Progress Dialog
[CODED] Extended Progress Dialog
[CODED] Home Menu (incomplete)

25/08/2014 - 0.0.1
First release

FAQ:

How much has been coded?
Currently all the views for videos, music, add-ons and programs have been done. As well as this I have done the movie information, kai (notification), volume, mute, shutdown and context dialogs. Despite only having coded a few things the skin should be fully functional due to it being based on Confluence code.

Bugs/Known Issues:

To Do List:

Add a skin refresh button to shutdown menu

Wow, just wow! So nice to see so many new more modern skins emerging, keep up the good work!
personally I think the fanart has way too much weight and distracts from the content. readability in list views could also be a bit better IMO, but the overall look is nice. keep going
(2014-08-24, 22:21)da-anda Wrote: personally I think the fanart has way too much weight and distracts from the content. readability in list views could also be a bit better IMO, but the overall look is nice. keep going

Well, fanart can always be turned off :p

It's too bad we can't apply fancy image effects, a subtle blur would probably ease readability
love it
Looks good! Smile
I sometimes wonder why I don't just mod confluence rather than starting from scratch. It makes doing all the dialogs a lot easier (which is the biggest pain imho).

(2014-08-24, 22:45)hsus Wrote: It's too bad we can't apply fancy image effects, a subtle blur would probably ease readability
I wish! Blur, desaturate and mask would be so so nice. Although I can see people going overboard with blur and it would probably be pretty taxing on lower powered devices (which seems to be where xbmc/kodi is heading). Desaturate combined with fade and blur would make for some really nice transition animations though.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
OMG love it. I need this

keep up the good work
@jurialmunkey But if effects like that could be handled by the gpu?
I will be a little off topic there but to continue discussion on blur, in game modding community we use different shader that can bypass direct x from the game itself, like the most famous "enb serie" from boris.... Is it possible to use the same shader with kody? With this we can add every effect we want on almost any game...with some limitations of course...is it doable?
Actually, Team Kodi is ok with blur and other effect. The thing is, no one really knows how to code these (or has the time to).
Instead of trying to use ENB or another external software, try to code it into XBMC.

Back to topic, I really like the simplicity of this skin. Readable, flat, colors can be switched... Good job !
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
(2014-08-24, 22:23)Eddage Wrote:
(2014-08-24, 22:21)da-anda Wrote: personally I think the fanart has way too much weight and distracts from the content. readability in list views could also be a bit better IMO, but the overall look is nice. keep going

That's not what I meant - having fanart there is nice, but it's blending too much with the content in some spaces. Just take the second screenshot (with the hulk fanart), you can't tell that the list items are easy to read. And on screens 4 and 5 the posters just blend too much with the fanart (IMO) - so either some sort of shadow, darkening/brightening the fanart or some frame around the content to better destinguish between content and background. Just as suggestion.
(2014-08-25, 14:39)da-anda Wrote:
(2014-08-24, 22:23)Eddage Wrote:

That's not what I meant - having fanart there is nice, but it's blending too much with the content in some spaces. Just take the second screenshot (with the hulk fanart), you can't tell that the list items are easy to read. And on screens 4 and 5 the posters just blend too much with the fanart (IMO) - so either some sort of shadow, darkening/brightening the fanart or some frame around the content to better destinguish between content and background. Just as suggestion.

Haha, I know that's not what you meant, I was joking (hence the :p ).

I have already started to code an option to change the opacity of the background fanart so that would go some way to giving users the option to change it. Personally I think it's fine how it is, but adding that option means the best of both worlds.

When I started coding the posters, etc had a small 2 pixel border around them (in the same colour as the time background), I took it out because I preferred the look of it removed.

Can't wait to play with this awesome skin
HTPC homemade - BOX SilverStone Lascala LC17 - CPU Intel Core i3-3220T (2.8 GHz) - CM ASRock B75 Pro3 - HD Crucial M4 64 Go - CG ASUS GeForce GT 610 Low Profile 1 GB - RAM Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue Series 4 Go (2x2 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 - POWER Be Quiet! Power 7 400 W 80PLUS - REMOTE Harmony 650 - Frodo 12.2 XBMCbuntu Aeon-Nox 4.1.9 - MacPro 2010 - SMB
Just uploaded an alpha...

https://github.com/Eddage/skin.unity/archive/master.zip

Had some trouble with github so hopefully it'll work!

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Unity7