• 7(current)
[ALPHA] Unity
(2015-02-12, 21:24)nickr Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 20:15)Eddage Wrote: Just an update about the skin...

After burning myself out coding I stopped for a few months, however I am now getting back into it.

The bad news is that Unity, as it was, won't be taken any further (for now at least), however I am working on something new which will incorporate elements of Unity.

If anyone wants to continue coding Unity and take it further then I am more than happy to provide all necessary files and any assistance.

Get well. Sometimes it pays to focus on less projects!

May I suggest chucking your code on github?

his code is already on github, check the first post.
(2015-02-12, 20:15)Eddage Wrote: Just an update about the skin...

After burning myself out coding I stopped for a few months, however I am now getting back into it.

The bad news is that Unity, as it was, won't be taken any further (for now at least), however I am working on something new which will incorporate elements of Unity.

If anyone wants to continue coding Unity and take it further then I am more than happy to provide all necessary files and any assistance.

I hope you are doing fine and I am really bummed out hearing this skin wont be developed anymore. This must be the best skin I have come across for Kodi ever. So modern and material design all around.

I hope somebody takes up development for this skin. Or atleast fix the VideoOSD problem.. Smile
I have started migrating the skin over to Helix. After the migration I will take a look at continuing to develop the skin.

Once I've gotten the skin completely migrated to Helix I will post a link to a release so you can at least use the functionality that exists today on Helix. You can follow any progress at https://github.com/bumpaneer/skin.unity/commits/Helix
(2015-03-30, 00:41)Bumpaneer Wrote: I have started migrating the skin over to Helix. After the migration I will take a look at continuing to develop the skin.

Once I've gotten the skin completely migrated to Helix I will post a link to a release so you can at least use the functionality that exists today on Helix. You can follow any progress at https://github.com/bumpaneer/skin.unity/commits/Helix

Great news!
Update

I have finished making the necessary changes to update Unity for the Helix skinning engine. You can download the skin from my Kodi repository here: https://github.com/bumpaneer/kodi.repo.b...paneer.zip
  • The skin in the repository has been texture packed. This will prevent the missing textures issue that popped up previously.
  • Make sure to install/upgrade the skin with the repo version.
  • This will only work in Helix (and possibly Isengard)

31/03/2015 - 0.2.1 [ALPHA]
[CHANGED] Debug info hidden by default
[CHANGED] Windowed trailer viewer used by default
[CODED] Dialog Favourites
[CHANGED] Skin reset option added
[FIXED] Item gap for side blade reduced to 0, was interfering with mouse control
[FIXED] Hide global search box if addon is not present
[FIXED] Weather info box on homescreen moved and formatted

29/03/2015 - 0.2.0 [ALPHA]
[CODED] All necessary changes for Helix skin engine

I plan to continue implementing Eddage's design onto the unchanged portions. Please post any bugs you find in this thread.
Looks good in helix :
(2015-03-31, 16:31)Bumpaneer Wrote: Update

I have finished making the necessary changes to update Unity for the Helix skinning engine. You can download the skin from my Kodi repository here: https://github.com/bumpaneer/kodi.repo.b...paneer.zip
  • The skin in the repository has been texture packed. This will prevent the missing textures issue that popped up previously.

[FIXED] Item gap for side blade reduced to 0, was interfering with mouse control

I plan to continue implementing Eddage's design onto the unchanged portions. Please post any bugs you find in this thread.

Nice to see someone has picked this up!

Thank you so much Bumpaneer!

Are you planing to skin the Live-TV and PVR menus?
Yes, the eventual plan is to have everything skinned.
(2015-03-31, 16:31)Bumpaneer Wrote: Update

Alright!! Thats great news!!!
i have the new Unity for Helix but my settings page looks like this

is this a bug or what and if so is there a fix
I believe if you exit/restart Kodi this should fix itself. Can you go over how it got into this state? Did you install from my Kodi repo, or download and manually install directly from github?
i install directly from the github releases page and then i install it from within kodi i will restart and report back adding movies at the mo
As indicated above in post #95, please use the repo.zip to then install the skin. This will prevent known issues with textures disappearing and also allow you to get updates as they are made available.
ok cool i will do that thank you
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Unity7