Kubuntu 14.04 + XBMC 13.2 sound popping on AAC, Ogg
Recently I decided to upgrade my Kubuntu XBMC media center from 12.04 LTS to 14.04 (Hardware configuration as follows: AMD x2 4200+, Terratec Aureon 5.1 USB, ATI HD 4550). Due to various problems after the upgrade (wrong graphic mode, various crashes), I decided to do a clean installation of 14.04 LTS retaining only the .xbmc (userdata) directory of the previous installation (after that I recursive chown the directory to current user, just to be sure). That went well, despite one flaw, on every video (both streaming or in my collection), where AAC, Ogg is used for the audio part there is a notable popping / noize (not to just loud parts, it seems rather random). I searched on the web for similar problems, but all are reffering to downmix issues on previous versions of XBMC. That's not the case here, I suspect that it has something to do with the Pulse Audio Server and or the libraries of gstreamer, but nomatter what I ve tried so far, the problem persists.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
Suggestion: Read "What should I do before opening threads"

Hint: Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kubuntu 14.04 + XBMC 13.2 sound popping on AAC, Ogg0