• 2(current)
Win Windows on Asus/HP/Acer/Dell Chromebox
could this the no audio over hdmi be a bug in the coreboot firmware? since the audio driver in windows shows it's correct but no sound comes out.
(2014-08-30, 04:03)jebise Wrote: could this the no audio over hdmi be a bug in the coreboot firmware? since the audio driver in windows shows it's correct but no sound comes out.

highly unlikely, as the firmware has a very limited role in setting up an audio device, and if it were firmware-related, it likely wouldn't work under Linux either.
Hi, when i try to install Intel Management Engine haswell_driver_chipset_me_w8.1.exe i get an error saying there's not enough resources to install the package (something like that).
I have the 2gb ram, 16 gb ssd Asus Chromebox. Anyone else?
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2014-09-03, 00:44)Veronica Wrote: Hi, when i try to install Intel Management Engine haswell_driver_chipset_me_w8.1.exe i get an error saying there's not enough resources to install the package (something like that).
I have the 2gb ram, 16 gb ssd Asus Chromebox. Anyone else?

you're likely out of disk space. You really need a 32GB drive for Win8/8.1
i dont think is that as i have more than 3gb of free space, i also tried to instal before and after installing video driver and got the same error.
(2014-09-03, 05:05)Veronica Wrote: i dont think is that as i have more than 3gb of free space, i also tried to instal before and after installing video driver and got the same error.

are you using the one from Intel's site or Gigabyte's?
Gigabyte's
(2014-09-03, 07:14)Veronica Wrote: Gigabyte's

well, try Intel's I guess?
(2014-09-03, 07:14)Veronica Wrote: Gigabyte's

The Gigabyte graphics installer works for me. The problem smells of a disk space issue. I would try monitoring free disk space while installing the graphics driver?

Geoff
It's the Intel Management Engine haswell_driver_chipset_me_w8.1.exe that is giving me the error NOT the graphics driver. @gkingsmill do you have a 2gb/16gb chromebox version? if not what version do you have?

Audio haswell_driver_audio_w8.1.exe << installed
Intel Management Engine haswell_driver_chipset_me_w8.1.exe << won't install
Chipset driver haswell_driver_chipset_w8.1.exe << installed
Intel Graphics Driver haswell_driver_vga_w8.1.exe << installed
(2014-09-03, 08:01)Veronica Wrote: It's the Intel Management Engine haswell_driver_chipset_me_w8.1.exe that is giving me the error NOT the graphics driver. @gkingsmill do you have a 2gb/16gb chromebox version? if not what version do you have?

Audio haswell_driver_audio_w8.1.exe << installed
Intel Management Engine haswell_driver_chipset_me_w8.1.exe << won't install
Chipset driver haswell_driver_chipset_w8.1.exe << installed
Intel Graphics Driver haswell_driver_vga_w8.1.exe << installed

Installing this driver worked for me. My system at the time had 2GB memory. I am booting from an external 32GB USB flash drive.
Did you try downloading it a second time? If you go to the device manager and do not see any devices with an exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle then you can ignore this kit. The only two mandatory drivers are haswell_driver_chipset_w8.1.exe and haswell_driver_audio_w8.1.exe.

Geoff..
yes i downloaded and tried twice and yes there are no more exclamation marks but still was wondering whats up with that specific driver.

Can i get a link to Intel's drivers pls
(2014-09-03, 22:22)Veronica Wrote: yes i downloaded and tried twice and yes there are no more exclamation marks but still was wondering whats up with that specific driver.

Can i get a link to Intel's drivers pls

The following URL will update all Intel drivers including graphics.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu

The latest Intel graphics driver is version 10.18.10.3907 dated 5/8/2014

Unfortunately none of the Intel graphics drivers I have tried has resolved the HDMI audio issue.

Geoff..
Has anyone tried this driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...rodId=3720

It says its for the 2955U

EDIT: For the 2955U celeron cpu version of the asus chromebox to see if it fixes the HDMI audio issue.
(2014-09-12, 02:45)fishscan Wrote: Has anyone tried this driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...rodId=3720

It says its for the 2955U

EDIT: For the 2955U celeron cpu version of the asus chromebox to see if it fixes the HDMI audio issue.

The link above contains Intel driver version 15.36.3.64.3907. Unfortunately HDMI audio does not work with this version.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows on Asus/HP/Acer/Dell Chromebox4